Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BrokenWing is offline Registered User

Re: My Rant From Attending The Game

I rarely get to go to these games (I'm working on that) and the last one I went to was...at least four years ago, I don't even remember where I sat.

However, that changed sunday when we went to the ***** game, that was a fantastic game to watch and I loved how excited the people in the uppr deck (where I was sitting) got on just about every play. If you looked closely, the people that began to stand first were in the upper decks.

I still wish there hadn't been around 15 ***** fans around me though.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

It's pitiful in the lower lower ...

Last year, at the ***** game, I bought me and my girlfriend a ticket ...

The four people in front of us played Suduko and talked on their cell phones the whole time, the woman to our right talked about how Tye Hill is a prick and all he's done his "four or five years in the league is talk noise and get burned" ... I explained to her that he was a rookie, but she adamantly disagreed ....

There were ***** fans behind us, actually about 20% of our section was ***** fans ...

No noise until the end. A faint clapping was heard when the players ran out of the tunnel ...

Probably a third of my section left early when the ***** were driving ...

I heard several people in the section talking about how we should pull Bulger for Frerotte, because he "looked so good completing that pass" at the end of the half ...

It's sad ...

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

I was stuck sitting in front of a jackass that kept rambeling about how terrible Bulger and Jackson were for about, a quarter and a half of the game.

It amazes me how people can completely ignore logic and just ramble on. It probably helps that he had a yes man sitting next to him to agree with everything he said.

Still, ***** fans, jackass and yesman aside, the game was fantastic to watch.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Well, I will be back next year, in the same section, and hopefully the end result will be better.

Anyone planning on attending the AZ game in Dec.?
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

blood85 is offline Registered User

I had the same experience when my wife bought me tickets to the STL vs Baltimore game on ESPN a few yrs back,...I had some lame fans telling me and other rams fans who stood up in the front to "Sit down, we can't see", (this was during 3rd and long, or after a big play etc), what a bunch of losers.

GSOT is offline Registered User

You sit in section 420 every game? I'm normally in section 422.

Athens is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    I can deal with our team not winning the game - take away any one of those turnovers and we win.
    If you take away the Alex Smith fumble or the Williams punt muff do they still win? Or if the 9ers didnt kick it out of bounds after the last field goal, do you still win? I think it be safer to say that without spiking it on first down on that last drive to stop the clock, the Rams might have had one more play that was needed to get just a little closer to get the W.
    Last edited by Athens; -09-18-2007 at 11:59 PM.

LaRamsFanLongTime is offline Registered User

When I went to the bash a couple years back twice the saints went for it on 4th and 1 and twice me and my dad were the only ones on our feet yelling defense in our general area. I wish I was sitting with the clam at the game. I also fealt like people were offended at my fanatic behavior. I did not even curse that game?
    LET'S GO DODGERS

in the lower sections it s that bad that I have been aproched by the cops and told to sit down because people behind can not see?????

He then stood behind me, cheering and making as much noise as me

majorram is offline Registered User

There is just No way that i could sit down all game, and I really can't understand WHY fans do this with there Litre of Soda in One hand, I'm too short anyway I have to stand to see anything LOL

steve:l
    "The breakfast Club"

Kane is offline Registered User

I really don't understand why there's so much Ram-fan bashing on this post. You may think your points are valid, but frankly you come across as intolerant.

Why do you assume that because someone is not standing that they are not supporting their team? My girlfriend has a shattered knee as a result from a plane crash whilst she was serving her country in the Air Force. So she's not a real fan if she doesn't stand on 3rd down, yeah? Great logic, guys!

If you have to sound off about any of the Rams fans, how about the rows and blocks of empty seats in what was a "sell out". At least the people that some of you guys are bashing actually made it to the game!

Flaw is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Kane View Post
    I really don't understand why there's so much Ram-fan bashing on this post. You may think your points are valid, but frankly you come across as intolerant.

Why do you assume that because someone is not standing that they are not supporting their team? My girlfriend has a shattered knee as a result from a plane crash whilst she was serving her country in the Air Force. So she's not a real fan if she doesn't stand on 3rd down, yeah? Great logic, guys!

If you have to sound off about any of the Rams fans, how about the rows and blocks of empty seats in what was a "sell out". At least the people that some of you guys are bashing actually made it to the game!
    Obviously anyone with a shattered knee is excused from standing.

Nobody said you're not a real fan if you don't stand, they are talking about people that tell them to sit down when they are standing. You don't tell someone to sit down when they are up and cheering on 3rd and long trying to help out the team. Also I'm sure most of the crowd doesn't have a shattered knee, what's wrong with expecting a little more fan support during games? The crowd is the 12th man.

There was an older couple behind me and my buddies, and I thought they were cool, even though they stayed seated and they weren't there to scream and holler. But they had no problem with us standing up and going crazy basically every defensive play, and I know we were in their way.
    Last edited by Flaw; -09-19-2007 at 10:42 AM.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Kane View Post

Well, since you live in England, I doubt you've been to the games here. The fans suck. There must be about 60% of them with debilitating injuries, because for the most part, the entire lower level stays on their asses all game. It's not only that, they don't even make any noise ...

As for those empty seats, I'd love to be in them! But I live in Alabama, and it's not really feasible for me to drive to St. Louis each week. Others can't afford to go, and when they do get enough money together so they can, they expect it to be exciting. Instead, it's like Sunday brunch with a church group ...

The fans are so fickle, and they don't appreciate what they have. So until you live it, don't run around calling people that you know nothing about, or the situation for that matter, intolerant ....

laram0 is online now Superbowl MVP

**********WARNING******WARNING*******WARNING******

Laram0 is going to 2 games this season at the Dome.

October 28th vs the Browns

December 2nd vs the Falcons

I will be standing most of the games and will be definitely extremely loud!!!!

ROWDY is my middle name!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

December 2nd vs the Falcons
    Surely, this one will be a "W". But hey, what is "surely" at this point, right? At worst, this game should be significant in deciding the winner of the Brohm/McFadden/Long/Dorsey/Campbell/Phillips derby.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast