Like Tree9Likes
  • 8 Post By NJ Ramsfan1
  • 1 Post By Curly Horns

Thread: My Rant on Today's Embarrassment

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

My Rant on Today's Embarrassment

In light of today's (non) effort, this post will be my sole post for the week, as I have no desire to re-live and dissect the minutae from today's game, which was a total embarrassment in every way shape and form. I have better and more important things to do with my time. How we could do such a great job against one of the league's best teams last week and then come out and put forth the type of game we did against the Jets is a disgrace, pure and simple. I am beyond discouraged and more than a little pissed off.

I knew it would happen. We came off an emotional game last week. All week on local radio, the Jets were absolutely hammered for their failures this season. People were sure Schottenheimer would be extra motivated to play the team that fired him last year. Surely, the Jets would not be mentally into today's game, right? And of course, none of this panned out, as the Jets- in desperation mode to save its season, outplayed, and outhustled the Rams. And Rex Ryan- the guy who everyone regards as a buffoon, outcoached the "genius" Jeff Fisher, who apparently has trouble with basic addition, as evidenced by his late game decision to go for two points down 27-13. Why? And to not have this team ready to play an opponent down on its luck is shameful. I expect a helluva lot more from a guy who is regarded as one of the better football coaches in the NFL.

There were few positives. Steven Jackson played hard and played well like the true professional that he is. Chris Long had 2 sacks. Janoris Jenkins acquitted himself well. Other than that, I saw few things to be proud of. The effort and production, particularly on the offensive side of the football, were terrible. Sandwiched in between his 2 TD passes, Sam Bradford played one of the worst football games I've seen in recent memory. Absolutely awful, and there's no defending it- the poor pocket presence, dunk downs, 2 critical turnovers and inaccurate throws- he looked like a guy who took up the sport a week ago, and today, he provided plenty of fodder for the anti-Bradford contingent. I've defended the guy and will continue to do so, but he cannot have games like this-period. At home?? Against the Jets?? Please.

The receivers didn't help. With Amendola basically neutralized, no one stepped up. Gibson had the two TDs, but did little else between the goal lines. Pettis had a great opening drive catch then was a non-factor. Quick was invisible. Givens did nothing. There was no attempt to try and stretch the field on a team missing its best shut down corner for the season. No daring or chance-taking. That's either an indictment of the playcalling or an indictment of this team's dearth of quality wideouts- and either way that's not a good thing. Special teams coverage is poor, as is the return game. The Jets consistently had good field position, while we did not. Givens' one return was negated by penalty. Otherwise, he dances around too much, doesn't aggressively hit the hole and pins us deep kick after kick.

Seven more penalties, including one which took away a touchdown. And I don't want to hear from the excuse makers either, who bit** about the officiating. The call on the kickoff return was legit and blame must be placed where it's due- on the Rams. They have the 2nd most penalties in football; that's not some kind of bull**** conspiracy from the refs, it's a bad job by guys who need to be coached better.

The good will and positive feelings garnered early in the year after wins vs. Arizona, Seattle and Washington are eroding by the week. A loss to a beatable Miami team. A loss to Green Bay. An ass-kicking by New England. Failure to seal the deal vs. SF. And now today's embarrassment. Adjustments need to be made. Guys need to look in the mirror- from the coaches on down to the players. And a helluva lot more improvement is needed in most areas. We won't win again if we play like this.

I hope everyone enjoys their Thanksgiving.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Re: My Rant on Today's Embarrassment

Agreed. Not much else to add to this post. It was a pathetic loss to a very beatable team. Seems like the collective team effort goes down each and every week. Started hot at the beginning of the season, and now most guys are withering away.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Nice Rant!!

I'd just like to add:

This defense sucks!!!
    PARamfan likes this.

macrammer is online now Registered User

NJ,

Thanks. i feel better after reading your rant. I think it is because i could not have done as well as you and you saved me the keystrokes to try Happy Thanksgiving

bruce4life is online now Registered User

My Rant on Today's Embarrassment

Couldn't of said it any better... We have underachieved this season.

GroundChuck is offline Registered User

Yeah, Bradford played like doo doo today as well as the defense. The D-line, save for the sacks by Long, was absolute junk and the secondary just is average and that includes Finnegan.

bradwill is offline Registered User

In total agreement with you, NJ, and glad you typed all of those thoughts out instead of me

NOT the kind of effort I ever want to see from the rams today.

VegasRam is online now Ram MVP
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    In light of today's (non) effort, this post will be my sole post for the week, as I have no desire to re-live and dissect the minutae from today's game, which was a total embarrassment in every way shape and form. I have better and more important things to do with my time. How we could do such a great job against one of the league's best teams last week and then come out and put forth the type of game we did against the Jets is a disgrace, pure and simple. I am beyond discouraged and more than a little pissed off.

I knew it would happen. We came off an emotional game last week. All week on local radio, the Jets were absolutely hammered for their failures this season. People were sure Schottenheimer would be extra motivated to play the team that fired him last year. Surely, the Jets would not be mentally into today's game, right? And of course, none of this panned out, as the Jets- in desperation mode to save its season, outplayed, and outhustled the Rams. And Rex Ryan- the guy who everyone regards as a buffoon, outcoached the "genius" Jeff Fisher, who apparently has trouble with basic addition, as evidenced by his late game decision to go for two points down 27-13. Why? And to not have this team ready to play an opponent down on its luck is shameful. I expect a helluva lot more from a guy who is regarded as one of the better football coaches in the NFL.

There were few positives. Steven Jackson played hard and played well like the true professional that he is. Chris Long had 2 sacks. Janoris Jenkins acquitted himself well. Other than that, I saw few things to be proud of. The effort and production, particularly on the offensive side of the football, were terrible. Sandwiched in between his 2 TD passes, Sam Bradford played one of the worst football games I've seen in recent memory. Absolutely awful, and there's no defending it- the poor pocket presence, dunk downs, 2 critical turnovers and inaccurate throws- he looked like a guy who took up the sport a week ago, and today, he provided plenty of fodder for the anti-Bradford contingent. I've defended the guy and will continue to do so, but he cannot have games like this-period. At home?? Against the Jets?? Please.

The receivers didn't help. With Amendola basically neutralized, no one stepped up. Gibson had the two TDs, but did little else between the goal lines. Pettis had a great opening drive catch then was a non-factor. Quick was invisible. Givens did nothing. There was no attempt to try and stretch the field on a team missing its best shut down corner for the season. No daring or chance-taking. That's either an indictment of the playcalling or an indictment of this team's dearth of quality wideouts- and either way that's not a good thing. Special teams coverage is poor, as is the return game. The Jets consistently had good field position, while we did not. Givens' one return was negated by penalty. Otherwise, he dances around too much, doesn't aggressively hit the hole and pins us deep kick after kick.

Seven more penalties, including one which took away a touchdown. And I don't want to hear from the excuse makers either, who bit** about the officiating. The call on the kickoff return was legit and blame must be placed where it's due- on the Rams. They have the 2nd most penalties in football; that's not some kind of bull**** conspiracy from the refs, it's a bad job by guys who need to be coached better.

The good will and positive feelings garnered early in the year after wins vs. Arizona, Seattle and Washington are eroding by the week. A loss to a beatable Miami team. A loss to Green Bay. An ass-kicking by New England. Failure to seal the deal vs. SF. And now today's embarrassment. Adjustments need to be made. Guys need to look in the mirror- from the coaches on down to the players. And a helluva lot more improvement is needed in most areas. We won't win again if we play like this.

I hope everyone enjoys their Thanksgiving.
    As the Brits would say, "Spot on".
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

fearsome foursome is offline Registered User

Amen Brutha!!

UK Ramfan 83 is offline Registered User

Spot on . .