Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    19,300
    Rep Power
    153

    My Report Card for the Rams

    Quarterbacks: D

    Bulger started out sharp, but that interception was a poor decision, and it was all down hill at the QB position when Martin took over.

    Running Backs: C+

    Jackson and Faulk combined for 30 touches and gained some good yards on the ground, but Jackson's fumble came at a horrible time, and really set the tone for the second half.

    Wide Receivers: B

    This was all Torry Holt and Kevin Curtis, for the most part. Holt did a good job all night, and Curtis gets high grades on that fake out which resulted in a TD.

    Offensive Line: B-

    The line allowed only one sack all night and did a good job in the run game. For the most part, Pace won his battles against Freeney, but was called for three false starts.

    Defensive Line: C

    The D-line was working against both the Colts and the officials, but still managed only one sack and allows 172 yards from Colt running backs.

    Linebackers: D

    Ram linebackers were too busy trying to defend the pass and allowed James to run all over the field. Claiborne and Coakley were rather silent, perhaps more of a result of the formations being run.

    Secondary: C-

    Some solid play in the secondary at times tonight, but no interceptions, Manning completed 68% of his throws, and often times the Ram defenders were well away from the ball.

    Coaching: D

    Fairchild's offensive playcalling was solid, though he had his questionable moments. Marmie did not have any answers on defense, as the Rams forced only one punt.

    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!



  2. #2
    THEFIELDGOAL's Avatar
    THEFIELDGOAL is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Salinas, California, United States
    Age
    45
    Posts
    317
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: My Report Card for the Rams

    Yes Mr Sellers. I agree on some points. But Martin? I just about died. I knew doom was just waiting. This guy is just not the answer no matter what Martz saids that he knows the system.
    The defense is just ugly. Tonight was not a good showing after the half.
    And the running game was ok until the half. After the half it's like we just gave up.
    I love this team but the effort is questionable from the defense and special team s units.
    THE FIELD GOAL

  3. #3
    RealRam's Avatar
    RealRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    8,218
    Rep Power
    68

    Re: My Report Card for the Rams

    Quarterbacks: C+ / F Bulger / Martin


    Running Backs: C+


    Wide Receivers: B+


    Offensive Line: C-

    Pace did handle Feeney for most of the game but got burned a couple of times, one of which was very costly.

    Defensive Line: C-


    Linebackers: D-


    Secondary: C-


    Coaching: C+

    :angryram:

  4. #4
    AugustaRamFan's Avatar
    AugustaRamFan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Augusta, GA
    Age
    54
    Posts
    493
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: My Report Card for the Rams

    QB Bulger I agree the INT was bad BUT that is his tendency. Martin - He played like a back up...with the D as bad as it is - there is no way he can lead the O.

    RB Jackson - C - Did I see things, or was he being tackled by one DB at the ankles? He has to make someone miss or blow through them. I was not too impressed.

    O-line. OK on non-stunt sets. The O-line seemed to be baffled by the crossing stunts of the Colts D-line. The Rams stunt and they get gashed, the Colts stunt and Freeney causes a fumble!

    D-line. Solid D. They played w/o discipline. Every time they let Little charge up field, they sealed off the LB and DT and gashed the D for 10-15 yards. Flashback to the Carolina Panther Game - a nightmare for me personally. After 2 years, you would think that would be fixed by now!!!!

    DB F-..... We make QBs look all world. The Colt DBs make tackles at the line of scrimmage. The Ram DBs make tackles chasing from behind.

    Coaching - C.... I thought Vill held up pretty well. Marmie has go to go.....
    Last edited by AugustaRamFan; -10-18-2005 at 09:37 AM.

  5. #5
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,548
    Rep Power
    144

    Re: My Report Card for the Rams

    Quarterbacks: C+ / F Bulger / Martin
    Martin was a tale of two QBs last night. He actually started out pretty hot going 12 of 13 for 93 yards. It was the 5 of 8 with 2 picks afterwards that sealed the deal.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  6. #6
    general counsel's Avatar
    general counsel is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    atlanta, georgia
    Age
    52
    Posts
    5,514
    Rep Power
    80

    Re: My Report Card for the Rams

    I agree with hubison. how could you guys say martin was that bad when he was so productive early on. He had big problems after we stopped running the ball successfully. Bottom line, the jackson fumble killed any chance we had. We lost to a better team in a tough road game, the real issue is the bulger injury.

    general counsel


  7. #7
    RamJackson39's Avatar
    RamJackson39 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    990
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: My Report Card for the Rams

    I agree with hubison. how could you guys say martin was that bad when he was so productive early on. He had big problems after we stopped running the ball successfully. Bottom line, the jackson fumble killed any chance we had. We lost to a better team in a tough road game, the real issue is the bulger injury.
    The problem is that the Rams are not a dink and dunk offense at all. Martin does not have the arm to throw the ball the way a QB is needed to in the Ram offense. I dont have any faith in Martin at all. I say give Fitzpatrick a shot. He was impressive during the preseason and has a stronger arm than Martin.

  8. #8
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,548
    Rep Power
    144

    Re: My Report Card for the Rams

    Quote Originally Posted by RamJackson39
    The problem is that the Rams are not a dink and dunk offense at all. Martin does not have the arm to throw the ball the way a QB is needed to in the Ram offense. I dont have any faith in Martin at all. I say give Fitzpatrick a shot. He was impressive during the preseason and has a stronger arm than Martin.
    Well, Martin doesn't have a laser, but neither does Bulger, nor did Warner before him, nor does Fitzpatrick now. You don't have to have a big gun to run this offense, just a very precisely aligned scope on that gun. Warner had it, Bulger has it, early reports are that Fitz will have it......but the question for the next couple of weeks may be will Martin have it? He was actually very accurate last night. He moved the ball down the field, but the running game slowed down (which I believe coincided with Terrell leaving later in the game). When we get one-dimensional, the pressure is on, and Martin doesn't have the cool head that Bulger does.

    I know it's popular and easy to bash on Martin, but he did his job last night. The picks were disappointing, but not unusually bad for a Rams QB. He's a back-up. He came in and hit 17 of 21 for 134 and a TD....he ain't goin' to no Pro-Bowl, but there are teams out there starting worse.

    As far as Fitz.....if we're ready to give up on the season, then fine, baptize the kid by fire. But if we think that Harvard Hal is going to save the day should Bulger stay out, I believe (just my opinion here) that we may be fooling ourselves. The kid showed promise in the preseason and I'm glad he's here, but he won't be staring across the line at Biff, Chad, Lawrence, and the rest of the prepsters at Ivy League U., he's looking at a different game at a different speed and he will make plenty of mistakes early on.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  9. #9
    Rambos's Avatar
    Rambos is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Age
    50
    Posts
    8,960
    Rep Power
    74

    Re: My Report Card for the Rams

    Linebackers: D

    Ram linebackers were too busy trying to defend the pass and allowed James to run all over the field. Claiborne and Coakley were rather silent, perhaps more of a result of the formations being run.
    LB dropped into coverage, that is what evert team is doing against the Dolts, they did ok not a D.

  10. #10
    RamJackson39's Avatar
    RamJackson39 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    990
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: My Report Card for the Rams

    Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    Well, Martin doesn't have a laser, but neither does Bulger, nor did Warner before him, nor does Fitzpatrick now. You don't have to have a big gun to run this offense, just a very precisely aligned scope on that gun. Warner had it, Bulger has it, early reports are that Fitz will have it......but the question for the next couple of weeks may be will Martin have it? He was actually very accurate last night. He moved the ball down the field, but the running game slowed down (which I believe coincided with Terrell leaving later in the game). When we get one-dimensional, the pressure is on, and Martin doesn't have the cool head that Bulger does.

    I know it's popular and easy to bash on Martin, but he did his job last night. The picks were disappointing, but not unusually bad for a Rams QB. He's a back-up. He came in and hit 17 of 21 for 134 and a TD....he ain't goin' to no Pro-Bowl, but there are teams out there starting worse.

    As far as Fitz.....if we're ready to give up on the season, then fine, baptize the kid by fire. But if we think that Harvard Hal is going to save the day should Bulger stay out, I believe (just my opinion here) that we may be fooling ourselves. The kid showed promise in the preseason and I'm glad he's here, but he won't be staring across the line at Biff, Chad, Lawrence, and the rest of the prepsters at Ivy League U., he's looking at a different game at a different speed and he will make plenty of mistakes early on.
    When Curtis is wide open 30 yards downfield, Martin either cant get him the ball or he will do like he did last night and just not throw it. The Colts defenders were letting Curtis and even Holt a few times get behind them. They were easy TD's that were squandered when Martin would throw it to Jackson for a 2 yard gain. Martin has never proven that he can do anything with this offense. At least Fitzpatrick brings something new.

  11. #11
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,548
    Rep Power
    144

    Re: My Report Card for the Rams

    Quote Originally Posted by RamJackson39
    When Curtis is wide open 30 yards downfield, Martin either cant get him the ball or he will do like he did last night and just not throw it. The Colts defenders were letting Curtis and even Holt a few times get behind them. They were easy TD's that were squandered when Martin would throw it to Jackson for a 2 yard gain. Martin has never proven that he can do anything with this offense. At least Fitzpatrick brings something new.
    I'll take your word for it. Personally, I don't recall seeing Holt and Curtis wide open down field. Actually, I saw just the opposite. It looked to me like the flats and underneath were open. The Colts went into a rush prevent and allowed the Rams a slow bleed during most of the 2nd half.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  12. #12
    RamJackson39's Avatar
    RamJackson39 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    990
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: My Report Card for the Rams

    Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    I'll take your word for it. Personally, I don't recall seeing Holt and Curtis wide open down field. Actually, I saw just the opposite. It looked to me like the flats and underneath were open. The Colts went into a rush prevent and allowed the Rams a slow bleed during most of the 2nd half.
    It happened a few times. I noticed it when I watched the game again this morning. The flats were open yes, but when Curtis is streaking wide open downfield, get him the ball.

  13. #13
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,548
    Rep Power
    144

    Re: My Report Card for the Rams

    Quote Originally Posted by RamJackson39
    It happened a few times. I noticed it when I watched the game again this morning. The flats were open yes, but when Curtis is streaking wide open downfield, get him the ball.
    Speaking of which, I wonder if that Colt corner has yet to find his jock after that Curtis TD? KC looked pretty good on that pitch-and-catch.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  14. #14
    RamJackson39's Avatar
    RamJackson39 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    990
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: My Report Card for the Rams

    Speaking of which, I wonder if that Colt corner has yet to find his jock after that Curtis TD? KC looked pretty good on that pitch-and-catch.
    For a moment, I was wondering if Fisher had switched teams prior to the game.

  15. #15
    adarian_too's Avatar
    adarian_too is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    The Hollow
    Posts
    1,378
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: Report Cards ...

    Report card this. Got a couple of multiple choices right. Guessed correctly on a couple of true/falses. And for the essay portion, barely strung together a couple of sentences. There is no moral victory in this. They flunked. Mammie should take 2nd grade all over again, and the O can petition for a re-examination.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •