throwback week

RamsNation Guest

My Take ON The Camp Fight

Well, I was able to stop by Rams practice today on my back through Missouri. My take was, handoff to Jackson, hit by who I thought was Atogwe, Maybe Chavous, looked away for a second and heard the crowd (ooooooh), looked back and Jackson and Atogwe were locked up and both refused to let go, couldnt tell if punch was thrown, or what, but it was a scuffle. I thought it was over, looked away again to only hear another scuffle begin, everyone crowded around and a helmet came flying out, at which piont I said "what, did we bring back Kyle Turley", then Turley appeared in the form of Richie Incognito. Cogs obviously extremely angry threw his helmet aiming for I assume Atogwe, but hit someone beside him I think. Then Cogs ran for Atogwe, for maybe 3 steps before he was tackled by a few people, couldnt tell who. That was pretty much it.
    That was from my perspective, the only thing to me that was noticeably absent was Linehan. Couldnt tell if he ever said one word during, or after the altercation. I like Linehan, don't have one complaint. I was just very surprised that there wasnt a noticeable reaction by him, upset, loud or just taking control of an out of control situation. Maybe he did, and I completely missed it, but I had a good view from "the hill".
    And as somebody pointed out, Fitz had a great fake and run and Hill and Stanley looked good too. And yes Lenny Walls was freakin tall. At one point in time, he and Bennett were lined up across from each other and Walls was noticeably taller.
    Anyway, just some of my opinions, thought I would share.
    Last edited by RamsNation; -08-05-2007 at 10:38 AM.

suhpr3me Guest

Re: My Take ON The Camp Fight

Good news, good to hear the real story! .

homer1969 Guest

Every team has camp fights, its no big deal

z.nrd Guest

Quote Originally Posted by homer1969 View Post
    Every team has camp fights, its no big deal
    Except no one is commenting on the FIGHT. I don't think anyone thinks THAT is a big deal.

They are commenting on Incognito coming in AFTER the fight throwing a helmet.

Camp fights happen all the time. Helmet throwing doesn't.

And bear in mind this is a guy who was already publically criticized last year by Linehan for committing a flagrant personal foul.

And of course the same guy who was thrown off the Nebraska team for starting fights not only on the field but in the locker room.

So, he has a history.

Will Linehan reign it in? Let's hope so. Incognito is a talented player and it would be a shame if he didn't learn discipline and self-control. Linehan condemned his recent actions. He said, a player has to be more disciplined. More professional. There's a line you don't cross.

Like I said, let's hope Incognito hears his head coach.
    Last edited by z.nrd; -08-07-2007 at 06:29 PM.

Keenum is offline Registered User

Kyle Turely had that nasty streak you want in a lineman, but you want to keep it under control. Looks like Cogs is starting to pick some of that up. That's great, he should go after those D-linemen aggressively, but he needs to keep the extreme temper under control. I'm pretty sure somebody will tell him that.

helorm341 Guest

I would bet Incogntio got a lecture from Haslett and/or Linehan about helmet throwing and his temper, at least I hope he did.

prof22693 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsNation View Post
    And yes Lenny Walls was freakin tall. At one point in time, he and Bennett were lined up across from each other and Walls was noticeably taller.
    Anyway, just some of my opinions, thought I would share.
    Bennett is listed at 6"5' and Walls 6"4', maybe because of Bennett's stance he looked shorter.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by z.nrd View Post

They are commenting on Incognito coming in AFTER the fight throwing a helmet.

Camp fights happen all the time. Helmet throwing doesn't.
    Throwing the helmet during training camp is perfect. Allow me to explain.

At least now Linehan/Haslett can reel Cogs in and explain this won't be tolerated especially during a real game. No excuses for a Kyle Turley type of move now.