My thoughts: Please Read/Comment
Here are some thoughts, and things.
- Down near the Goaline the offensive line still struggles. Jackson got stuffed several times, his lone Touchdown was all him, with the second efford and his toughness. Need to fix that, or atleast work on it.
- We need to blitz consistently to get consistent pressure. Leonard put some nice pressure on sometimes but the rest of the line shyed away during passes. Got good push but not enough pressure to screw up Rivers.
- Our Defense might have looked horrible, but I think alot of the big runs by LaDainian would have been slimmed with Pisa back, yea you'll say one guy don't fix that, but we had the right play called but the Linebacker was out of place, usually Coakley not because he's bad but because of not that much game expierence. Pisa knows where Witherspoon will be and what he'll be doing, there just wasn't chemistery there and you could feel it, in my opnion.
- Pass Defense broke down, only because of LaDainian and Gates, how often do you go against a Gates and Tomlinson every week who are on the same team? We wouldn't have seen Witherspoon look silly in coverage had we been playing against a diffrent Runningback.
- Fisher continues to be exploited as a weakness, he didn't give up a huge play but gave up plays. Alot has to do with him playing 5 yards off the reciever, and getting beat off the line sometimes.
- Am I mad we lost of course, is that what I'm most mad about? No, what I'm ticked off about is the fact that Merriman got to play, if you get slapped with a 4 Game Suspension, you should have to deal with it, with appeal or not. I think his presence was felt.
All in all, yea I was mad at the end, but have cooled down and we start over next week.