Thread: My thoughts

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

My thoughts: Please Read/Comment

Here are some thoughts, and things.

- Down near the Goaline the offensive line still struggles. Jackson got stuffed several times, his lone Touchdown was all him, with the second efford and his toughness. Need to fix that, or atleast work on it.

- We need to blitz consistently to get consistent pressure. Leonard put some nice pressure on sometimes but the rest of the line shyed away during passes. Got good push but not enough pressure to screw up Rivers.

- Our Defense might have looked horrible, but I think alot of the big runs by LaDainian would have been slimmed with Pisa back, yea you'll say one guy don't fix that, but we had the right play called but the Linebacker was out of place, usually Coakley not because he's bad but because of not that much game expierence. Pisa knows where Witherspoon will be and what he'll be doing, there just wasn't chemistery there and you could feel it, in my opnion.

- Pass Defense broke down, only because of LaDainian and Gates, how often do you go against a Gates and Tomlinson every week who are on the same team? We wouldn't have seen Witherspoon look silly in coverage had we been playing against a diffrent Runningback.

- Fisher continues to be exploited as a weakness, he didn't give up a huge play but gave up plays. Alot has to do with him playing 5 yards off the reciever, and getting beat off the line sometimes.

- Am I mad we lost of course, is that what I'm most mad about? No, what I'm ticked off about is the fact that Merriman got to play, if you get slapped with a 4 Game Suspension, you should have to deal with it, with appeal or not. I think his presence was felt.

All in all, yea I was mad at the end, but have cooled down and we start over next week.

Go Rams!
    Last edited by RamsFan16; -10-29-2006 at 09:23 PM.

RamsFan16

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Re: My thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    Am I mad we lost of course, is that what I'm most mad about? No, what I'm ticked off about is the fact that Merriman got to play, if you get slapped with a 4 Game Suspension, you should have to deal with it, with appeal or not. I think his presence was felt.
    He hasn't been suspended yet.

He is dealing with it, he is appealing and until his appeal is heard or he drops it, he is innocent until proven guilty.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

I misread then, I thought I read that he WAS suspened, and then appealed. I'm sorry then.
    RamsFan16

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Pass Defense broke down, only because of LaDainian and Gates, how often do you go against a Gates and Tomlinson every week who are on the same team? We wouldn't have seen Witherspoon look silly in coverage had we been playing against a diffrent Runningback.
    I disagree. Gates didn't have that big a game. I saw one of our CBs give up a number of big plays and the other barely giving them anything. Rivers threw Fisher's way three times in a row, and the yardage they got right there accounted for nearly a quarter of their passing yards in the game. But their passing game had very little to do with the score. They ran the ball over 59% of the time.

I agree that if we had a healthy Pisa in there, LT probably wouldn't have gotten the yardage he did, and the front four cannot get a consistent pass rush right now.

Truth is offline Registered User

Actually Merriman WAS slapped with a 4 game suspension. However, if the player appeals, current rules allow a player to continue playing until the appeal is heard and ruled on.

I can see both side of this argument. If a player is suspended for something that turns out not to be his fault, his team might lose a game or 2 without that player. It could cost a team a playoff spot.

If, however, the player's appeal is denied, that player might have had an impact on winning games he should not have played in. The league would say that the player still has to serve the suspension. So, no harm done. Tell that to the teams that lost.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

brawleyramfan is offline Registered User

Who cares about Merriman, That freakin loser should not have played period. He is guilty as hell. On another note, we did not play our best but, how bout those ref's again. Twice SD was allowed to run there plays when the play clock read double zero, the blown call on the catch by Curtis, the holding going on in every one of Tomlinson's runs, "this crap has got to stop". O.K. I'm done venting, But seriously this has been our downfall in a lot of the game this season, the Ref's this year are purposely missing key calls of they just suck.

Twice SD was allowed to run there plays when the play clock read double zero
    Atleast I'm not the only one that noticed that. One of the two times it was on 0 for atleast one second. I thought that was BS but, we can't do anything about it.

the blown call on the catch by Curtis
    Actually, I'm glad the play stood as an incomplete pass, because, I'm pretty sure the ground can create a fumble, and it was a clear catch but a blown call that I think WOULD have went against us on our own challenge. I remember I think in '04? When we played ATL in the Playoffs Mike Vick broke a long run and was all alone, tripped and fell to the ground and fumbled, they reviewed it and sure enough it was a fumble that they called, I think?

the holding going on in every one of Tomlinson's runs, "this crap has got to stop"
    There is holding on every play, and doesn't always get called, I didn't see holding but on one play and it was noticable and wasn't called, but it wasn't a Touchdown.
    RamsFan16

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    He hasn't been suspended yet.

He is dealing with it, he is appealing and until his appeal is heard or he drops it, he is innocent until proven guilty.
    Seems in the NFL a player is guilty until proven innocent.

Truth is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Seems in the NFL a player is guilty until proven innocent.
    Well, he (Merriman) did test positive for a performance enhancing drug. He didn't even deny that it was true. He just said he didn't take it on purpose.

I challenge anyone that works for a company that does random drug testing (Not a professional sports team) to try that one.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!