renrawtruk is offline Registered User

My thoughts after the game....

#1. I can only imagine Linehan at home watching us win the last 2 games. He must really be questioning his abilities to ever coach again at this point. Unlike many, I actually was rooting for him to do well and feel bad for the guy, but it's becoming clear he was keeping us down.

#2. Venturi must be calling the defensive game better than Haslett. I'm sure it's the same schemes' but as for when to blitz and anticipating what the offense will do, and calling the right defensive formation. I'm sure Haslett got away with it more in New Orleans when he had all that talent on defense, and his gambles paid off more than with our group that is more vulnerable to get burned.

#3. What the heck is going on with our CB's? They were blanketing the Cowboys receivers. I mean, how did we hold T.O. to like 2 catches for no yards??? I don't even think it had to do with getting more pressure from the front 4, they were just on them like glue all day.

#4. I still think we need better production from the QB position. To continue to beat good teams, we need to be able to throw for 300+ yards and 3-4 TD's. I realize that versus the cowboys our field position didn't require us to throw more than we did, but I'm concerned that I'm not sure we could be that productive if needed. This isn't to single out the QB, but also the playcalling, the protection, and the execution. I mean, Bulger has 3 TD's and 2 INT's, and we're in week 5. That's pretty sad. We can't keep expecting Josh Brown to bail us out when our offense can't get us past the opponents 40, or hope the defense gets us the ball in the opponents territory.

#5. The game vs. the Cardinals in 2 weeks just became the game of the year. I mean, after going 0-4, who knew we could still have a game with implications left?? We would have to win that game to even consider possibilities. I recall before the season, based on our schedule, it appeared that 3-5 would give us an outside chance to win the division, with all the inter-division games left, and us having played the entire NFC East already. (AZ still has to play G-Men, Eagles / Seattle still has Eagles, Redskins, Cowboys). New England game would be a bonus for us, but we would HAVE to beat AZ to get back in the mix.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Re: My thoughts after the game....

Quote Originally Posted by renrawtruk View Post
    #3. What the heck is going on with our CB's? They were blanketing the Cowboys receivers. I mean, how did we hold T.O. to like 2 catches for no yards??? I don't even think it had to do with getting more pressure from the front 4, they were just on them like glue all day.
    Actually, even in the Dallas horror last year we limited him to 3 catches for 33 yards and no TDs. It seems like we've just got T.O.'s number. Of course, this time we shut down Witten, Crayton, et al, too.