RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

My thoughts on the game. (First and Second Quarter) First Team O & D

First Quarter

- Thought we did better on D that people said. We played Average not bad, not good but Average. Wasn't near as much blitzing.

- Don't blame Jackson, he had no where to go.

- 3rd and 26 and you run a Screen? WTH, bad play calling.

- Two kick returns, two orrible coverages.

- I've seen 15 commercial breaks before the quarter ended (Sarcasm inside)

- Tye Hill almost had a nice breakup, but only got one hand on the reciever after he found out he wouldn't get the ball.

- Nice coverage by Fakhir Brown on Sammie Parker.

- Smith was lost, ran into Witherspoon on the Fake Blitz.

- Chillar is horrible with 3 r's.

End of First Quarter. and thoughts.

The Rams First Team Offense had the ball one time and the Offensive Line didn't give Jackson a lane to run through. People are easy to jump on Jackson about the little amount of yards he is getting, but really it should be on the Offensive Line. Bulger is still rusty, no doubt about theres.

The Rams First Team Defense isn't playing Good, but there also not playing bad. They have been holding there own for the most part. I really hope we pick someone up for the cuts or try and aquire someone to give more depth at SLB, or maybe try and aquire a Starting Calibure SLB, plenty of Starter quality SLBers compared to what we have.

Start of Second Quarter.

- Good Pass Rush by Little but poor coverage gives the Chiefs a First Down. Huh, illegal contact on Fakhir ... Explains why he wasn't there.

- Small toss to Kennison, Did the CB get beat? No, Zone coverage and was in Chillar's zone and screwed up.

- Dee Brown stopped in the back by Chavous. Good Play.

- Good Rush on the QB, tossed a screen pass but for little yardage. Woah! Did I see Fisher hit someone? I did I did!

- Fisher f'ed up badly on that Almost sack. WOW! Huge hit by OJ Atogwe! #1 on Jacked Up tomorrow. Guarenteed.

- Nice stop by Witherspoon, I love his intensity and playmaking ability.

- Dee Brown stopped by Witherspoon. AGAIN! Showing why we signed him to big bucks.

- Great coverage by Fakhir Brown to prevent the Touchdown.

- 29 Yard Field Goal, much improved Defense in the Red Zone that drive.

- Nice Return by Hagans, I think the game is starting to slow down for him finally.

- Nice run by Jackson showing hows powerback ability.

- Jackson hit behind the line while recieving the Hand Off. I'm not lieing.

- Bulger had to throw it away, the Pocket fell badly.

- Nice hit on Bennett by Pisa.

- Pisa missed a tackle, tried arm tackling. Don't get to overzelous Pisa.

- BS call on Tye Hill. That was great coverage.

- Great coverage again by Fakhir Brown. Chillar flew through the air, it was cool but still doesn't hlep his mistakes.

- Field Goal Kansas City.

- Poor return by Hagans. Ran right into the pack. Had a open hole outside.

- Nice little run by Steven Jackson.

- No where to go for Jackson. Again.

- Interception by Bernard Pollard. Overshot Curtis by about a mile Bulger did. I did want Pollard in the draft and what happens. He gets an interception against us.:x

- Nice pressure by Witherspoon, causing Croyle to drop back 20 yards.

- Nice open field tackle on the TE by Chavous.

- Sack by Pisa. Man, sacking machine.

- Chiefs bombed a punt. McDonald recieves and dives with theclostest guy being 5 yards away. Don't like him as a Punt Returner.

- Nice pickup by Jackson.

- Nice screenpass to Jackson.

- Bulger sacked, and fumbles. Pathetic.

- Remind me again why we signed Todd Steussie?

- Great coverage by Fakhir Brown again.

- Big hit on Bennett by Witherspoon.

- Getting good push on attempting to block Field Goals.

End of the Half.

First Team Offense could not move the ball at all. Was it Bulgers bad throws? No, was it Jackson Studder Steps? No he usually took a step and hit the whole. Was it dropped balls? No. It was the Offensive Line. I don't care if you have Pro Bowl Offensive Tackle. You need to have someone to help him. Barron held his own, as did Pace. Incognito had that costly penalty. He needs to stop that attitude. 2nd Team OT Steussie is horrible.

First Team Defense held its own actually. First drive they played average, not good not bad. But since then the Chiefs would move the ball and then get stopped in the redzone which is a welcome site to me. I think that just because we lost yesturday people were very upset and blew things way out of proportion defensively. They did miss a few tackles, actually Chillar missed a few tackles and Pisa missed one but other than that the Defense did Good. As I said up above Hill got ripped off on a Defensive Pass Interference call. That was just great coverage.

Its 12:30 and I get up at 6 to get ready for school so I didn't watch the rest but wouldn't have mattered.

Team Grades.

Offense ... D+
    Defense ... B
    Special Teams ... D-

RamsFan16

RealRam is offline Registered User

Question Re: My thoughts on the game. (First and Second Quarter) First Team O & D

16, you know that I often try to encourage you and commend you for your dedication to posting Raminfo. In this case, however, I think that there are already too many threads discussing the Rams at Chiefs game, the performance, preseason, etc.

Please see HUbison's thread below, the first one that appeared shortly after the game. I thought it would be interesting to notice how he summarized Saturday night's action (or, as the proverbial quip goes, "the lack thereof") and contrast it with your highlights. I'm not trying to make a comparison just for the fun of it but rather, to hopefully, present a useful lesson, one offered with all due respect and that might even be helpful in your studies.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

HUbison's highlights from the Chiefs game

NOT A DAD-GUM THING!!!

I know, I know, it's preseason........that is pretty much the only thought keeping me sane at this point, because our performance was downright horrible. Our 1's couldn't move the ball on their 1's or even their 2's. Our D looked like the same old sorry Marmie D from the past two years. I gotta tell you, if this game was for real, the Chiefs would have killed us. We couldn't even move the ball on their back-ups. It was just a bad night all the way around.

Ok, you want a highlight, here goes.........I don't think anybody got injured. That's important, but that's just about it as far as good news goes.

For those who didn't get to see the game, trust me, you didn't miss a thing. It wasn't nearly as close as the scoreboard (16-12) would lead you to believe.

My only hope is that Linehan and Co. had specific goals in mind, none of which were related to the scoreboard. And if so, I hope that he saw whatever it was he wanted to see.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

As fans we sometimes become, "to[o] overze[a]lous", just like you observed on LB Pisa (I also point to an unnecessary redundance in stating that someone could be 'too overzealous'). You're young and you show a great deal of love and passion towards our team. As mentioned earlier, your enthusiasm is quite commendable, 4000+ posts here while being a full time student, full time teen. That takes some doing.

I'm glad we have Moderators to help us produce quality within the pages of this top notch Rams forum. I get my posts edited too which is fine, for the love of the Clan!

Hey 16, let's get ready for some real football! :r I'm anticipating that first kickoff whistle at the EDJ dome!
    Last edited by RealRam; -08-28-2006 at 04:50 AM.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Re: My thoughts on the game. (First and Second Quarter) First Team O & D

Thanx for the play by play RF17?.

I'm not so worried about the defense as I am about the offense. But hey, "We can fix that."
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    - 3rd and 26 and you run a Screen? WTH, bad play calling.
    How is this bad playcalling? We're on the KC 38-yard line. If the Rams tried for a longer pass and failed, it's a pretty impossible field goal attempt for Wilkins. A screen allows the Rams to advance the ball for a closer field goal attempt. This was smart playcalling, not bad.

The Rams First Team Defense isn't playing Good, but there also not playing bad. They have been holding there own for the most part.
    How is a defense "holding their own" when they do virtually nothing to stop a methodical 14-play 64-yard drive? Even when the Chiefs took their star running back out of the game, they were still able to move the ball against our D. Then Green comes out and the Chiefs are still able to move down the field for a field goal. This is far from holding their own, IMO.

- BS call on Tye Hill. That was great coverage.
    Faceguarding is illegal in the NFL, and thus typically not considered great coverage.

They did miss a few tackles, actually Chillar missed a few tackles and Pisa missed one but other than that the Defense did Good.
    Actually Witherspoon had some bad mistakes as well. Maybe you forgot to mention them within the mass of Chillar bashing.

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    I thought it would be interesting to notice how he summarized Saturday night's action (or, as the proverbial quip goes, "the lack thereof") and contrast it with your highlights. I'm not trying to make a comparison just for the fun of it but rather, to hopefully, present a useful lesson, one offered with all due respect and that might even be helpful in your studies.
    Agreed. More opinion, less play by play.

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    I'm glad we have Moderators to help us produce quality within the pages of this top notch Rams forum. I get my posts edited too which is fine, for the love of the Clan!
    FYI, the reason it says I edit a lot of your posts is because you post two sometimes three replies back to back and I'm merging them together.
    Last edited by Nick; -08-28-2006 at 09:50 PM.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RealRam is offline Registered User

[Off topic] Nick, "no hay [ah-ye / ah-y] problema amigo".

I understood the reason and it seemed perfectly logical. Truth be known, I appreciate you merging those posts. I'm not sure why I didn't place them under the same one I had started earlier since it was a continuation of thought on the same topic.

Besides, I don't believe there are "a lot" of edited posts. :x At least I hope not!

"Gracias Seņor Nick."