Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 74
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: My thoughts on Sam Bradford

  1. #46
    rammiser's Avatar
    rammiser is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,999
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: My thoughts on Sam Bradford

    Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    If you think reviewing someone's highlight real is indicative of their overall performance, you probably think Tony Banks should be in the Hall of Fame.
    Wait someone says he doesnt do certain things and I provide video evidence and then you insult me. I provided eveidence not just talk. Feel free to provide me with all the insiders and experts that think badly of Bradford. Thank you for adding something useful to the thread though, congratulations.

    Just Fix It

  2. #47
    rammiser's Avatar
    rammiser is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,999
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: My thoughts on Sam Bradford

    Quote Originally Posted by Fastcat View Post
    Lol, i never said he NEVER shows pocket awareness, i never said he misses EVERY deep pass. But i did say i NEVER seen him talking to an offensive player on the sideline. Granted he probably does but I NEVER seen it. And im not saying he cant move in the pocket.... He just RARELY moves in the pocket If i had time to look at every rams low/highlight i bet my bottom dallor i can find 3 plays for everyone of yours to prove my point. The film doesnt lie. Its not just me or us fans that see this. Reports, comentators, insiders, etc are saying the samething. All you have to do is watch just about every play were the pass pro breaks down. Its no assumption, its a fact, sadly. Im no Sam basher, just being realistic.
    Please feel free to provide some evidence rather than you just complaining about it. You said he rarely moves in the pocket which I disagree with so I posted some videos of him doing everything the opposite of what you say. Please find me the game tapes and put it all out there. Jeff Fisher was happy to have the guy but maybe they need someone in the front office with a more keen eye for the intangibles.
    Just Fix It

  3. #48
    Fastcat is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    St. Louis, Mo
    Posts
    663
    Rep Power
    9
    I dont have time or the patients to go search and post every vid i can find. I dont know what games you watch. But on my tv i see (been seeing this since last year before the injury) a qb that needs clean pocket to be successful. He isnt the type of qb to extend a play, if its not designed to be extended (like a boot, waggle, or rollout). AGAIN, not saying he cant do this. He simply rarely does. The tape doesnt lie. Im begining to think your delisional... Being blinded by the blue and gold. Take the glasses off. If Sam played for another team you would see the light.

    If you think this is the first time Sam has been questioned about this read the Bernie bytes thread, listen to espn 101. John Jorawski said it at the end of his ranking of the top 20 qb rankings when he was talking about Bradford. Its not just about this past game. Its becoming a consistant problem.
    Last edited by Fastcat; -08-27-2012 at 04:36 PM.

  4. #49
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,409
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: My thoughts on Sam Bradford

    The best QB's in the NFL elevate the talent around them. So far, Bradford has failed to do that, though understandebly. Next year in round 1 we take G Barrett Jones and WR Robert Woods. Our offense should definitely be on the right track with 2 more cornerstones filling big holes.


    THE DREAM TEAM

  5. #50
    rammiser's Avatar
    rammiser is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,999
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: My thoughts on Sam Bradford

    Quote Originally Posted by Fastcat View Post
    I dont have time or the patients to go search and post every vid i can find. I dont know what games you watch. But on my tv i see (been seeing this since last year before the injury) a qb that needs clean pocket to be successful. He isnt the type of qb to extend a play, if its not designed to be extended (like a boot, waggle, or rollout). AGAIN, not saying he cant do this. He simply rarely does. The tape doesnt lie. Im begining to think your delisional... Being blinded by the blue and gold. Take the glasses off. If Sam played for another team you would see the light.
    So after watching video evidence im delusional. Im not saying he always moves but rarely is inaccurate as well. I watch every single game and I also record every single game. You think negitively of Sam and I don't. If he isnt mobile or have pocket awareness like you are saying then its up to the organization to adjust accordingly to his skills. I dont see that as an issue and I have never heard that come out of the mouth of any of his coaches. I am unable to take off my blue and gold glasses because I am a Ram fan for life and if that makes me delusional which would mean Avenger and Rambos are delusional to seeing how they tend to feel the way I do, then so be it.
    Just Fix It

  6. #51
    rammiser's Avatar
    rammiser is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,999
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: My thoughts on Sam Bradford

    Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    The best QB's in the NFL elevate the talent around them. So far, Bradford has failed to do that, though understandebly. Next year in round 1 we take G Barrett Jones and WR Robert Woods. Our offense should definitely be on the right track with 2 more cornerstones filling big holes.
    Is that what John Elway did? Or did Terrell Davis elevate the play of John Elway. This is a team game and if the talent isnt there you can't make them catch the ball or runn better routes or learn the play book.
    Rambos likes this.
    Just Fix It

  7. #52
    Fastcat is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    St. Louis, Mo
    Posts
    663
    Rep Power
    9
    Lmao birds of a feather flock together. And im thinking not negatively, im stating a fact. Do you not see it? If the pocket isnt clean he gets antsy in the pocket? Rushing throws not stepping into passes or taking the sack. But if the pocket is clean he is dynamite... You dont see none of this? Geez, i was delusional about Donnie Avery for a few years so i understand where and why you dont see it.

    And the only thing i agree with u is its a team game. TD help Elway but Elway also helped himself in extending plays. I just want Sam to help himself sometimes and extended a play.. even if it means just throwing the ball away. Just dont stand there and take an unnecessary sack or bit hit. He's gonna get hurt again doing thaat.
    Last edited by Fastcat; -08-27-2012 at 04:49 PM.

  8. #53
    Rambos's Avatar
    Rambos is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Age
    50
    Posts
    8,956
    Rep Power
    74

    Re: My thoughts on Sam Bradford

    Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    The best QB's in the NFL elevate the talent around them. So far, Bradford has failed to do that, though understandebly. Next year in round 1 we take G Barrett Jones and WR Robert Woods. Our offense should definitely be on the right track with 2 more cornerstones filling big holes.
    How can you say that... they finished with the NFL's worst record at 1–15 in 2009. The next year Bradford took us to our first meaningful game in years. One game from a division title.
    rammiser likes this.

  9. #54
    rammiser's Avatar
    rammiser is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,999
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: My thoughts on Sam Bradford

    Quote Originally Posted by Fastcat View Post
    Lmao birds of a feather flock together. And im thinking not negatively, im stating a fact. Do you not see it? If the pocket isnt clean he gets antsy in the pocket? Rushing throws not stepping into passes or taking the sack. But if the pocket is clean he is dynamite... You dont see none of this? Geez, i was delusional about Donnie Avery for a few years so i understand where and why you dont see it.

    And the only thing i agree with u is its a team game. TD help Elway but Elway also helped himself in extending plays. I just want Sam to help himself sometimes and extended a play.. even if it means just throwing the ball away. Just dont stand there and take an unnecessary sack or bit hit. He's gonna get hurt again doing thaat.

    You want him to sometimes extend plays. Well I showed you a few videos of him sometimes extending the play. I never said I don't see any of it. I just don't see it as much as you apparantly, remember my glasses are blinding me. I never said he does everything perfect but I have seen him extend plays and move in the pocket and talk to people on the sideline. You made it sound as if he walks off the field whimpering and sits by himself moping. Sounded to me like you just generally have issues with Bradford.

    By the way you are not stating a fact until you have proven said fact until then it is just an opinion.
    Last edited by rammiser; -08-27-2012 at 05:09 PM.
    Just Fix It

  10. #55
    Fettmaster's Avatar
    Fettmaster is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    1,159
    Rep Power
    24

    Re: My thoughts on Sam Bradford

    I like Sam, I really do. I think he has what it takes to be successful in the NFL. He also needs to step it up this season, and show why he's worthy of the #1 overall pick.

    But you can't argue the level of talent of the guys he's been throwing to since we drafted him. Three years later, and again, the guys Sam is throwing to guys that wouldn't start on most teams. And his O-line has been weak at best since his rookie year.

    I can't think of another successful QB in this league that throws to Brandon Gibson-level talent behind guys that can't pass block. It just doesn't happen.

    Until one of our WR's steps up and starts showing playmaking ability, and our O-line stops giving up 5 sacks a game, Sam will continue to 'struggle'.
    rammiser likes this.


  11. #56
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,409
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: My thoughts on Sam Bradford

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    How can you say that... they finished with the NFL's worst record at 1–15 in 2009. The next year Bradford took us to our first meaningful game in years. One game from a division title.
    How can you not read? Did you fail to read the 2 words that came right after the statement?


    THE DREAM TEAM

  12. #57
    Rambos's Avatar
    Rambos is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Age
    50
    Posts
    8,956
    Rep Power
    74

    Re: My thoughts on Sam Bradford

    Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    How can you not read? Did you fail to read the 2 words that came right after the statement?
    The best QB's in the NFL elevate the talent around them. So far, Bradford has failed to do that, though understandebly.
    So you think it's ok that he has not elevated the talent. Again how can you say that when he took a 1-15 team to the door step of a division title and the playoffs in his first year? He has IMO elevated the talent.
    Last edited by Rambos; -08-28-2012 at 12:47 AM.

  13. #58
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,491
    Rep Power
    167

    Re: My thoughts on Sam Bradford

    Wait... I think I get it.

    A good QB should be expected to elevate the players around him, but only if they are already playing at a high level.

    Wait...

    What?

  14. #59
    RockinRam's Avatar
    RockinRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    4,074
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: My thoughts on Sam Bradford

    So when Bradford struggles it's because of the team, but when we went 7-9 after the 1-15 season, it's because Bradford singlehandedly brought us out of the craphole with his gleaming sword and shining armor?

    Enough with the double standards.


    I am a huge Bradford fan but I will admit that he is far from perfect. He has some very questionable moments.
    RealRam, ramsbruce and sosa39rams like this.

  15. #60
    BrokenWing's Avatar
    BrokenWing is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,695
    Rep Power
    35

    Re: My thoughts on Sam Bradford

    I wonder what it's like to be the fan of a team that doesn't question its QB every year...

    If he has problems after this season we can talk, anything before that I think is premature.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. My Thoughts So Far
    By Beta Ram in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -03-05-2008, 02:19 AM
  2. 3-4 D.... Any Thoughts?
    By Rams99 in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: -01-20-2007, 12:24 AM
  3. My thoughts
    By RamsFan16 in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: -10-30-2006, 03:58 PM
  4. Thoughts on D
    By chiguy in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: -01-20-2006, 04:36 AM
  5. Various Thoughts
    By ZOLTAN in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -10-13-2001, 06:52 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •