Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    dewalt_ram is offline Registered User

Re: My Thoughts on Spagnuolo

Quote Originally Posted by jmk321 View Post
    They tried offense first for the last 5 seasons and that has only lead to disappointment. The strong defense and run offense is what Spags is looking to do and it looks like that it's the right way to go considering the personnel they have.

I agree it was tried, but it was a half hearted attempt with coaches who would rather go out for a beer with the players then tell them to get there ARSES TO WORK, like Vermiel did (he had a great O and good D with players who had direction and he won a title). You have to find a balance and i hope spags does like V did, just like you have to have a balance O with explosive players (elway never won a title till he got terell davis for some balance to go along with the pass attack) Get some direction on this team and keep the O or u become a statistic like loosing 11 of the last 16 superbowls because the other team had a better offense and a GOOD D that brought there level up to stiffle the other teams O while there own O exploited that GREAT D. GOOD DEBATE THIS IS!!!!!!

jmk321 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dewalt_ram View Post
    I agree it was tried, but it was a half hearted attempt with coaches who would rather go out for a beer with the players then tell them to get there ARSES TO WORK, like Vermiel did (he had a great O and good D with players who had direction and he won a title). You have to find a balance and i hope spags does like V did, just like you have to have a balance O with explosive players (elway never won a title till he got terell davis for some balance to go along with the pass attack) Get some direction on this team and keep the O or u become a statistic like loosing 11 of the last 16 superbowls because the other team had a better offense and a GOOD D that brought there level up to stiffle the other teams O while there own O exploited that GREAT D. GOOD DEBATE THIS IS!!!!!!
    Their offense should be pretty good next year if Jackson stays healthy. They're putting a lot of focus on building the O-line and with a more run orriented offense Bulger will be protected better and will play to his ability. They have young receivers with potential in Avery and Burton and working with Ellard should help them a lot and Avery could have a breakout season.

I don't think next year will be mainly focused on just offense or defense but on being a solid team on both sides of the field. When you have a runingback as good as Steven Jackson you should make him the centerpiece of your offense but you can't have a good ball control run offense if your defense is mediocre.

RAMPAGE! is offline Registered User

Call me crazy but I see a lot of Bill Cowher in Spags, Minus the spit flying from his mouth

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12