throwback week

BernieM is offline Registered User

My wife doesn't respect my past

I know this is a bit off topic, but you guys are my friends, so I thought I'd share with you some problems I'm having.

You see, I think my wife is paranoid about my past. I used to have photos all over my office of my ex-girlfriends (you know... the three girls who went out with me twice before I met my wife). Now, my wife has taken them down and wants to put up "family" photos. What the heck is that? I have fond memories of my life before my wife, and she just won't accept that.

Then, it got worse. I spoke to two of my ex-girlfriends, and they offered to talk to my wife to "coach" her on how to best deal with me. What did she do? She refused! You'd think she'd want to learn from the successes of the past, but nooooo! She's too insecure for that.

You know, she also mentioned that she respects Michael Vick. I wonder what that means? Oh, my God! She's going to leave me for Michael Vick!

I need to go lie down.

thermobee is offline Registered User

Re: My wife doesn't respect my past

Hang in there bro. Women are sometimes extremely hard to understand but I find that most of the time the problems they cause is because they are insecure about something. Find the problem by talking to her and just reassure her on the topic. After a while it should get better. If it doesnt, then I dont know what to tell you.

That seems to work for me.

PS Another alternative is getting pissed off of her and showing how rediculous she is, that seems to work as well. Either way GOOD LUCK youll need it.

Trevor is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by thermobee View Post
    Hang in there bro. Women are sometimes extremely hard to understand but I find that most of the time the problems they cause is because they are insecure about something. Find the problem by talking to her and just reassure her on the topic. After a while it should get better. If it doesnt, then I dont know what to tell you.

That seems to work for me.

PS Another alternative is getting pissed off of her and showing how rediculous she is, that seems to work as well. Either way GOOD LUCK youll need it.
    I think you missed the whole point....

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I think you missed the whole point....
    If he was venting and just needed to get it off his chest, I apologize.

And keep strong brother.

AtlantaRamFan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by thermobee View Post
    If he was venting and just needed to get it off his chest, I apologize.

And keep strong brother.
    lol No BernieM is the ClanRam version of Bernie the writer. I believe its one of Avenger's multiple user names (could be wrong on the last part). Its all a joke. He was equating the story of Spags taking down the pictures of individual Rams players in one section of the park to the anecdotal story of Bernie's wife and ex-girlfriends (while also mocking Bernie).

Don't feel bad. If you missed some of the back story it would be easy to get confused.

Roy G. Biv is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaRamFan View Post
    I believe its one of Avenger's multiple user names (could be wrong on the last part).
    Multiple user names?
    "I'm not going to hide my opinions. They're coming to you between 7000-4000 Angstroms for all the world to see. Oh yes, you will be enlightened."

laram0 is online now Superbowl MVP

Bernie I think you really need to have a sit down with Devaney and Spags. A small intervention of sorts. Seems they've created the same issues.

We're here for you!

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BernieM View Post
    I know this is a bit off topic, but you guys are my friends, so I thought I'd share with you some problems I'm having.

You see, I think my wife is paranoid about my past. I used to have photos all over my office of my ex-girlfriends (you know... the three girls who went out with me twice before I met my wife). Now, my wife has taken them down and wants to put up "family" photos. What the heck is that? I have fond memories of my life before my wife, and she just won't accept that.

Then, it got worse. I spoke to two of my ex-girlfriends, and they offered to talk to my wife to "coach" her on how to best deal with me. What did she do? She refused! You'd think she'd want to learn from the successes of the past, but nooooo! She's too insecure for that.

You know, she also mentioned that she respects Michael Vick. I wonder what that means? Oh, my God! She's going to leave me for Michael Vick!

I need to go lie down.
    Don't worry your girlfriend will eventually let this issue go away as soon as she can make up something else you have done wrong.

Your "performance" on the other hand is a different matter. She has been giving you a lot of free passes this last year but insists you better start "performing" better or she will replace you.

Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaRamFan View Post
    lol No BernieM is the ClanRam version of Bernie the writer. I believe its one of Avenger's multiple user names (could be wrong on the last part). Its all a joke. He was equating the story of Spags taking down the pictures of individual Rams players in one section of the park to the anecdotal story of Bernie's wife and ex-girlfriends (while also mocking Bernie).

Don't feel bad. If you missed some of the back story it would be easy to get confused.
    Lol thats pretty funny!! You are totally right I did miss the backstory.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

I am shocked to hear two things.

Firstly, that there are three women in the world who were desperate enough to go on a second date with BernieM before his mail order bride arrived.

Secondly, that BernieM isn't always lying down. I usually picture him supine & slimy, dribbling these articles out of the corner of his mouth...like Jabba The Hutt.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    Firstly, that there are three women in the world who were desperate enough to go on a second date with BernieM before his mail order bride arrived.
    Just to scare you even more: he's been married 2x. If this caused you true emotional distress, please accept my apology. Do you think he ate the first bride?