Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: N.Y.Giants

joeramfan is offline Registered User

Unhappy N.Y.Giants

I watched a great game but I'm not so sure that were ready for New O we struggled alot and did not score a TD(since when)? We need to to step up for N.O. forget the jets they won;t be a problem but the damn Saints are going to be a problem this year,need I remind you all next year the Saints will not be here,so we should take it to them this year,no word a lie!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aries51 is offline Registered User
    The Giants roughed us up pretty good and this is a copycat league,so I expect teams to really go after Warner from here on out.Martz and the Rams are good about coming up with counter solutions though,and the Saints will BRING IT in two weeks.I think the Rams will be ready for them.Todays game was a wake up call.I'm just thankful the defense bailed us out.A lot also depends on the status of Marshalls knee.I hope its not too serious.Man,todays game wore me out.

GO RAMS! STAY FOCUSED! WIN!
    ST.LOUIS RAMS:THE MOST FRUSTRATING TEAM IN THE NFL!!!

RamManDan is offline Registered User

Defensive Strategies

I agree that this is a copycat league, and that is what has me worried. I'm sure Martz will have a game plan ready for the blitzing defences the rams should be expecting. Warner was sacked four times in the Giants game and hit over 16. He still threw for over 3 hundred yards. My biggest concern with the blizing I have seen and the hits Warner has had to take. I believe many of them were very borderlined. To be truthfull I felt most of them were late. The Eagles started this trend. At one point in the Giants game Warner's head was grabbed by Michael Strahand and he was drug down by it. It wasn't only late, but It was an illegal hit. I belive the defence does have a right to hit the Quarterback as he's throwing the ball or if his momentum can't slow him down, but once the quarteback has thrown the d**** ball he has to be protected. I expect the NFL to have several fines for the giants defencive players. If they don't I can't belive the NFL is trying to protect quarterbacks. The Eagles defence got their fare share of fines. Like I said this league IS a copycat league and when defensive teams like New Orleans, Tampa Bay, etc. see what the Giants did I believe they will risk the fines and go for the knockout. I know the rams have to stop the pressure on Warner. But if the trend of late hits continue this season against Warner, I guaruntee that he will go out with his second cuncussion in two years.

MsWistRAM is offline Registered User
    No TD? What was that Canidate got? Gotta agree, sure glad we got some time to get the kinks out before we face the Aints.
    MsWistRAM-Hope, not expectation.

Smile Re: Defensive Strategies

Originally posted by RamManDan
    I agree that this is a copycat league, and that is what has me worried. I'm sure Martz will have a game plan ready for the blitzing defences the rams should be expecting. Warner was sacked four times in the Giants game and hit over 16. He still threw for over 3 hundred yards. My biggest concern with the blizing I have seen and the hits Warner has had to take. I believe many of them were very borderlined. To be truthfull I felt most of them were late. The Eagles started this trend. At one point in the Giants game Warner's head was grabbed by Michael Strahand and he was drug down by it. It wasn't only late, but It was an illegal hit. I belive the defence does have a right to hit the Quarterback as he's throwing the ball or if his momentum can't slow him down, but once the quarteback has thrown the d**** ball he has to be protected. I expect the NFL to have several fines for the giants defencive players. If they don't I can't belive the NFL is trying to protect quarterbacks. The Eagles defence got their fare share of fines. Like I said this league IS a copycat league and when defensive teams like New Orleans, Tampa Bay, etc. see what the Giants did I believe they will risk the fines and go for the knockout. I know the rams have to stop the pressure on Warner. But if the trend of late hits continue this season against Warner, I guaruntee that he will go out with his second cuncussion in two years.
    YEAH SO WHAT??????????JOERAMFAN

Well,before we worry too much about the Aints lets hope the team is focusing on the Jets.they are not a bad team,and we will be playing them without Marshall.Good news is I read that Marshall has a bruised knee and the MRI showed no signs of ligament damage.Hes out for one week and will be evaluated before the Saints game.wheeeeew!

Cool come on now

We are talking kinda weird now,this game today we needed,to prove to our selves thatr we are not invincable,come on all,we faced a foe and came up victoriuos(by a slim margin)if you are a fan at all you will start being more realistic about our play and what we need to do now,5-0 right now does not mean anything and if you know the RAMS we've been here before(1985 RAMS BEARS UNDEFEATED Rams went 10-0 still lost the big one)lets not get ahead of our selves,keep it REAL and lets go for MAXQ.

Question marshall

Originally posted by guitarboy51
    Well,before we worry too much about the Aints lets hope the team is focusing on the Jets.they are not a bad team,and we will be playing them without Marshall.Good news is I read that Marshall has a bruised knee and the MRI showed no signs of ligament damage.Hes out for one week and will be evaluated before the Saints game.wheeeeew GO RAMS! STAY FOCUSED! WIN!
    The game just ended and where do you get you info from,the hurt to Faulk was not that bad.I realize it was to the bad knee but he will be back for the JETS game,stop stipulating

I read about Faulks knee in an article on the rampagers list.It stated that Faulk will be out for the Jets game.I try to be as realistic as possible when it comes to the Rams.I also am a lifelong Rams fan and I dont think I posted anything to suggest otherwise.I just believe the Rams need to take each game week by week.We won against the Giants and we were no where near MAX Q.That is something to feel good about.Last year we wouldnt have pulled out a win like this.

JETS

[QUOTE]Originally posted by guitarboy51
    [B]Well,before we worry too much about the Aints lets hope the team is focusing on the Jets.they are not a bad team,and we will be playing them without Marshall.Good news is I read that Marshall has a bruised knee and the MRI showed no signs of ligament damage.Hes out for one week and will be evaluated before the Saints game.wheeeeew!

Please stay focused,Trung or Holcolme will carry us through the Jets game however this may be our first loss.

Question marshall

[QUOTE]Originally posted by guitarboy51
    [B]I read about Faulks knee in an article on the rampagers list.It stated that Faulk will be out for the Jets game.I try to be as realistic as possible when it comes to the Rams.I also am a lifelong Rams fan and I dont think I posted anything to suggest otherwise.I just believe the Rams need to take each game week by week.We won against the Giants and we were no where near MAX Q.That is something to feel good about.Last year we wouldnt have pulled out a win like this.

I'm sure we can win without Marshall,however tough it may be.Please do not under estimate Trung,enough said.

I agree with you.I think Canidate will do well in place of Marshall.Trung has been solid when he's had the chance to play.

MsWistRAM is offline Registered User
    "Please stay focused,Trung or Holcolme will carry us through the Jets game however this may be our first loss."

First loss?! What kind of talk is that? Trung can get it done, maybe not on Marshall's level (who can?), but with plenty of other solid receivers and backs, we should worry more about cleaning up the penalties and putting a few more bricks in the wall of protection around Kurt.
    MsWistRAM-Hope, not expectation.

I wish

Everyone would stop looking ahead. We play the jets this week not the aints.

Lets talk about the paper bag boys after the jets game, thanks

Good point DEZ,The Jets are no pushovers.We should beat them,but it is a road game and anything can happen in the NFL.BRING ON THE JETS!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast