Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    general counsel is offline Registered User

Name 10 qbs better than bulger

A number of people are bashing bulger again. Back up your point, rather than making sweeping statements about his shortcomings, which we all admit he has. NO qb can win on his own, they all need protection, receivers, a running game etc.

For people that think bulger is the problem, name me ten qb's that are better than bulger. Make sure you factor in quality of offensive line, receivers and running game. How do you think cassell would have looked behind our offensive line today? How does carson palmer look without pass protection this year?

A qb is NOT a superman no matter how much money you pay him. Why does matt ryan look so good as a rookie? Answer. Offensive line play and his running game. how do you think ryan would look behind the rams offensive line.

Look at cassell. Makes some nice throws, but did he make a single quality throw today under pressure? If he did, i must have missed it because he spent the entire day all alone in the pocket getting quality snaps from center and an ability to step up in the pocket and hit open receivers. Bulger almost never has that luxery. Of course on the long td to avery, he had great protection and he threw a perfect strike for a td, something that certain people dont bother to point out.

Its so easy to criticize when a player doesnt do exactly what you want him to. Name me 10 guys that are better than bulger. He is a top 1/3 qb and as a result, i think we have far bigger holes to address, starting with offensive line.

Did anyone watch the giants steelers game today? Big Ben was terrible with the pass rush in his face. Three INT's and they lost the game. No way is anyone going to convince me that super bowl title or not a guy like big ben is better than bulger.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    Last edited by general counsel; -10-26-2008 at 08:28 PM.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Re: Name 10 qbs better than bulger

Amen brother QB is the most dependent position in the game.

Dominating D is offline Registered User

I agree Bulger will get better as the Rams get better. But the Rams should consider adding young talent at the QB position ASAP....

GO RAMS

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I think Bulger did a great job today. You're only good as your surroundings, and unfortunately with a crap line and no SJax, Bulger is an easy target for defenses to attack.

Chris58 is offline Registered User

All things being equal, I could name 10 maybe more QBs better than Marc Bulger. But that's not the point. Anyone who says Bulger lost the game today is missing the point that football is a team sport where one player alone does not win games, especially in the NFL.

One play does not result in a loss. There are 60-some offensive plays per game. If you pick one INT and say that's why we lost, why not pick one running play in the red zone that was stuffed and say we lost because Incognito or some other lineman didn't block his assignment??

Marc is good enough to win in the NFL. We need more players to step up and play winning football.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    Look at cassell. Makes some nice throws, but did he make a single quality throw today under pressure? If he did, i must have missed it because he spent the entire day all alone in the pocket getting quality snaps from center and an ability to step up in the pocket and hit open receivers. Bulger almost never has that luxery. Of course on the long td to avery, he had great protection and he threw a perfect strike for a td, something that certain people dont bother to point out.
    Great points. People seem to want to talk about how well Cassel did today compared to Bulger, but nowhere in their statements is there any mention of protection or lack there of.

NY RAMFAN is offline Registered User

Right now I believe that the following are better QB than Marc,
    I think that Marc can be better. Probably 2 years of beat after beat screwed up his technique, but he'll get it back. The question is if he can ever be the same Marc that won the game by himself in Seattle 3/4 years ago.
    Manning
    Manning
    Brady
    Warner
    Shaub
    Hasselbeck
    Romo
    Brees
    Delhomme
    Garcia

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Right now the Rams could use more consistent and better play at the QB position, especially with the game on the line.

Are they going to get it from someone other than bulger? Very, very, very unlikely.

I don't give a hoot about the creative excuses fans are coming up with these days. OMG - Someone mentioned Holt as an excuse. Does bulger progress through his reads enough to ever find Holt? Typically bulger keys on one receiver from start to finish of every passing play.

Could the OL play better? Yes

Could the receivers play better? Yes

Could bulger play better? Yes

Bulger has to fight through it and find a way to make plays. Granted, bulger is not going to have a great opportunity to make a play on every down, however, he needs to reduce the poor decisions when there are opportunites. His percentage of plays made when there are opportunities needs to improve. Maybe his opportunity window is smaller than other QB's around the league, but he is a well paid veteran and at this stage he needs to produce on almost every opportuninty he gets.

Besides the fact that pisa sucks and is a pisa crap, that the Rams should get rid of, bulger had an opportunity at the end of this game to make a play, yet he failed. The Rams need more from their highest paid player with the game on the line.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NY RAMFAN View Post
    Right now I believe that the following are better QB than Marc,
    I think that Marc can be better. Probably 2 years of beat after beat screwed up his technique, but he'll get it back. The question is if he can ever be the same Marc that won the game by himself in Seattle 3/4 years ago.
    Manning
    Manning
    Brady
    Warner
    Shaub
    Hasselbeck
    Romo
    Brees
    Delhomme
    Garcia
    Warner
    Green
    Berlin
    Banks
    Brock
    Everett
    Faragamo
    Haden
    Harris
    Namath
    Hadl
    Gabriel
    Waterfield
    Van Brocklin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

I thought about doing a list like that....but Tony Banks? Now that is plain mean. Go to your room.

Quote Originally Posted by dgr828 View Post
    Warner
    Green
    Berlin
    Banks
    Brock
    Everett
    Faragamo
    Haden
    Harris
    Namath
    Hadl
    Gabriel
    Waterfield
    Van Brocklin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    Right now the Rams could use more consistent and better play at the QB position, especially with the game on the line.

Are they going to get it from someone other than bulger? Very, very, very unlikely.

I don't give a hoot about the creative excuses fans are coming up with these days. OMG - Someone mentioned Holt as an excuse. Does bulger progress through his reads enough to ever find Holt? Typically bulger keys on one receiver from start to finish of every passing play.

Could the OL play better? Yes

Could the receivers play better? Yes

Could bulger play better? Yes

Bulger has to fight through it and find a way to make plays. Granted, bulger is not going to have a great opportunity to make a play on every down, however, he needs to reduce the poor decisions when there are opportunites. His percentage of plays made when there are opportunities needs to improve. Maybe his opportunity window is smaller than other QB's around the league, but he is a well paid veteran and at this stage he needs to produce on almost every opportuninty he gets.

Besides the fact that pisa sucks and is a pisa crap, that the Rams should get rid of, bulger had an opportunity at the end of this game to make a play, yet he failed. The Rams need more from their highest paid player with the game on the line.

alot of good points here,I am one of those who thinks Bulger can play better and by no means blaming him for the lose,the team played hard and could have won so laying blame serves no purpose.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    A number of people are bashing bulger again. Back up your point, rather than making sweeping statements about his shortcomings, which we all admit he has. NO qb can win on his own, they all need protection, receivers, a running game etc.

For people that think bulger is the problem, name me ten qb's that are better than bulger. Make sure you factor in quality of offensive line, receivers and running game. How do you think cassell would have looked behind our offensive line today? How does carson palmer look without pass protection this year?

A qb is NOT a superman no matter how much money you pay him. Why does matt ryan look so good as a rookie? Answer. Offensive line play and his running game. how do you think ryan would look behind the rams offensive line.

Its so easy to criticize when a player doesnt do exactly what you want him to. Name me 10 guys that are better than bulger. He is a top 1/3 qb and as a result, i think we have far bigger holes to address, starting with offensive line.

Did anyone watch the giants steelers game today? Big Ben was terrible with the pass rush in his face. Three INT's and they lost the game. No way is anyone going to convince me that super bowl title or not a guy like big ben is better than bulger.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    At this point there are more than 10 better than Marc Bulger.

Let's see, there's Brady, 2 Mannings, Brett Favre, McNabb, Cutler, Romo, Brees, Rothleisberger, Palmer, Rivers, Garrard and I'm sure I'm missing someone but that's already more than ten. If you take Big Ben from the list (which I wouldn't do) it is still more than ten and I'm sure there's someone I'm missing.

Certain people don't "point out" certain things like Bulger's perfect pass to Avery for the same reason you gave Matt Cassell no credit for any tough throws today. Because there's really nothing special about it, is it? That's what he supposed to do isn't it? Given all day to throw, right?

Sure I'll say "good throw" or "way to go", and I'm generally happy that we scored, but I am also careful not to get to fired up because I know right around the corner is an INT or an avoidable sack lying in wait.

And by the way, I'm not argueing that we need to replace Marc Bulger vs an O-lineman or receiver. My simple arguement is how you can simply dismiss any blame for Marc Bulger yet blame everybody else week in and week out. Makes me think that you think Marc Bulger is doing a superb job.

You even passed over his game ending INT into triple coverage with plenty of time to throw as just a desperation heave that many who didn't see the game, may've thought was a last second hail mary.

My problem isn't as much with Marc Bulger, as it is your unrelenting to a fault, support of him at everybody else's expense.
    Last edited by Fortuninerhater; -10-26-2008 at 10:11 PM.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post

Let's see, there's Brady, 2 Mannings, Brett Favre, McNabb, Cutler, Romo, Brees, Rothleisberger, Palmer, Rivers, Garrard and I'm sure I'm missing someone but that's already more than ten. If you take Big Ben from the list (which I wouldn't do) it is still more than ten and I'm sure there's someone I'm missing.
    I would not agree to: Favre and McNabb (washed up), Romo (never will be), Garrard(7th year in the league, 2nd as a starter? Huh?), Cutler got knocked out of the game against the Hatriots then the Bronco's lost 41-7.

I aint buying those QB's, how about 5 more?
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post

Certain people don't "point out" certain things like Bulger's perfect pass to Avery for the same reason you gave Matt Cassell no credit for any tough throws today. Because there's really nothing special about it, is it? That's what he supposed to do isn't it? Given all day to throw, right?

Sure I'll say "good throw" or "way to go", and I'm generally happy that we scored, but I am also careful not to get to fired up because I know right around the corner is an INT or an avoidable sack lying in wait.

And by the way, I'm not argueing that we need to replace Marc Bulger vs an O-lineman or receiver. My simple arguement is how you can simply dismiss any blame for Marc Bulger yet blame everybody else week in and week out. Makes me think that you think Marc Bulger is doing a superb job.

You even passed over his game ending INT into triple coverage with plenty of time to throw as just a desperation heave that many who didn't see the game, may've thought was a last second hail mary.

My problem isn't as much with Marc Bulger, as it is your unrelenting to a fault, support of him at everybody else's expense.
    You are on here with every loss banging on Bulger. Didnt hear much from you last week when we won. No one that is a fan of Bulger thinks he is perfect or that he has no fault this is a TEAM game. Yet most Bulger haters just want to point to him and act like no matter what other qb you put back there they would produce. The whole team deserves to be blamed not Bulger. All of you screaming for him to throw the ball away, when should he do that? He has to be out of the pocket which he hardly ever is. He has to have time to throw it away which he hardly ever does. Can you people see whats going on in the secondary because most of you seem to know what he is looking at. It just seems funny to me that all you Bulger haters just want to blame him and not acknowledge the short comings of the rest of the team. Sure I agree he made some bad throws today when he had time. I also seen him make some good throws when he was pressured and take a shot right after he let go too. The throw to Burton over the middle was incredible under pressure. I saw him throw a pass to Pittman that looked dreadful in the flat but after second glance that play was going no where. I bet if he had completed it and Pittman would have lost 4 yds Pearson and the Bulger haters would have bashed him for that. Seymor and Wilfork were in his face all day, probably the worst thing for a pocket passer is pressure right up the gut yet play after play there they were. Yet you super knowledgeable Bulger haters are screaming at him to throw the ball away, LOL. The guy isnt perfect and can only play as good as his protection. Cassell had great protection today if only Bulger would be afforded that kind of blocking. It's never acknowledged when he doesnt get good blocking. Then again just like last week with a huge win not one remark about how bad Bulger is. It's all Warners fault Arizona lost today. Even though James fumbled Warner should have had better vision and not let that ball get tipped in the red zone. Team games are won by teams not individuals. Great qb's dont throw passes to themselves and they sure the hell arent blocking for themselves. No Bulger isnt playing great but he also isnt causing this team to lose.

How does Peyton Manning and the Colts look this year? Manning has a rating of 80 and Bulger is at 79. Did Manning just start sucking all of the sudden or did his surrounding cast get worse? We are talking about a guy with a career Passer rating of 94. Did he just all of the sudden come to play and lose his talent? What excuse is there for Manning? I'm sure Manning would be playing better if his surrounding cast was playing better dont you? So if Manning is the benchmark and he is struggling shouldnt Bulger be afforded the same? You can only perform as good as your supporting cast and right now Bulger doesnt have a great supporting cast and neither does Manning.

By the Way if Rivers is so great why arent the Chargers 7-1 instead of 3-5??? Hmm....what excuse is there for Rivers?
    Last edited by rammiser; -10-26-2008 at 10:42 PM.
    Just Fix It

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Official NFL passer rating

1. Phillip Rivers - 108.5

2. Tony Romo - 103.5

3. Kurt Warner - 102.8

4. Trent Edwards - 98.8

5. Aaron Rodgers - 98.5

22. Marc Bulger - 79.5 (Regotdamdiculous!)

23. Raider's QB - 78.5
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast