Battering_RAMS is offline Registered User

Nationally televised games

I don't know how the NFL comes up with Sunday and Monday night game schedules but the Rams don't have one this year. That's two in a row now! I live in Florida and never get to see them on t.v. and think it's really not fair to the fans of teams with losing records. I always thought every team had at least one a year. Anyone else have an opinion on this matter?

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

Re: Nationally televised games

We talked about this a little bit when the schedule came out. Yeah, its a total bummer. NFL owners get a large bulk of their cash from the broadcasting licenses they sell to the networks... so when cbs says they're showing one game over another (or worse, change a game mid-quarter to show a different game because it's "more competitive") they don't argue much. Not sure how much input the NFL has, if any, regarding which teams get aired in primetime spots

that's why i got directv a few years back... was spending too much $$ at the ridiculously multi-tv set decorated sports bar just to see the Rams play

check out the Cards schedule. they made it to the super bowl and got the shaft on primetime appearances i think too.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

When we become a winning team once again and have an impact on the playoffs then you will start to see Rams games on National TV schedules. Remember the networks are looking to cash-in on the fees they pay the NFL and Rams games are just not ratings bonanzas that attract many viewers. Case-in-point, we were the darlings of the networks back in the Greatest Show on Turf days earlier this decade.

We'll get there! Go Rams!

cfh128 is offline Registered User

Thank God for sports bars! Haha

RebelYell is offline Registered User

The only people that seem to complain about not being on prime time are the people who never actually go to the games. As a season ticket holder, I'd rather not have another prime time game to attend. They are a pain in the butt.

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

I think the Bills went like 13 years withouta monday night, hopefully we dont beat that record..

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    The only people that seem to complain about not being on prime time are the people who never actually go to the games. As a season ticket holder, I'd rather not have another prime time game to attend. They are a pain in the butt.

that's bs. my family are psl holders and i still wish they had more prime time games..... of course, traveling to a home game ain't as far for you than it is for me, eh rebel?

Plus, there are such a thing as road games... and they're rarely played on national tv in my neck of the woods.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Same thing LT said a few years ago. The Chargers didn't get too many national games until they started winning.

If we get a good season (9-7) we can get a game or two. But until we win, we don't deserve the spot light.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

bigtiger737 is offline Registered User

I'm just happy the are playing the black and blue division.. So I can finally see them play.. Being from michigan I got to see 2 min of a 4th quarter game last season and that's all I saw of live ram football. And rebel yell some of us would be season a ticket holders if we didn't live 100's of miles away.. Also guys don't forget with the deal between Espn and NBC and the prime time mix up. The games can change depending on the season. So if the rams are in the hunt for playoffs they could get prime time on either of thise networks or on the NFL channel. And we did kinda set the standard for a turn around season 10 years ago
    Last edited by bigtiger737; -06-05-2009 at 07:21 PM.