majorram is offline Registered User

Need get Bulger signed up long term!!

well what a freaking season but to me the one ( ok there are Jackson.. Holt.. ) star on this team has to be Bulger.... his throws on monday night (and all year) wow, on the money guys all night.... I love that he got vocal.... so he should with the bloody blocking that he has recieved.. wow has this guy took a beating ...( can Barron get anymore false starts ) if I was Bulger I would be in Barrons face ALL the time!!
    we just can't let this guy go( I'm sure it won't happen but hey in the NFL anything can) and it was another thread that go me thinking about this....

this is the first thing to do come OFF season!!! Please Mr. Shaw

thoughts!!

steve:l

"The breakfast Club"

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Re: Need get Bulger signed up long term!!

They said (FO) that they'd get something do in the off-season, that there will be adjustments...one thing that MUST change IS Marc's contract, it needs to be extended...and we need to sign some good FA's while they're at it!

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

AugustaRamFan is offline Registered User

I would think that this has to be a two-way deal. Maybe Bulger will be asked to sign a long-term contract. Even so, I am not so sure that he wants to stay in STL and continue to take a beating. (see my recent post)

It's weird that the Linehan offense looks a lot like the old Martz desperation offense. The key difference is that instead of throwing deep and trying to spread a defense, they throw the check down pass to Jackson and allow the defense to remain compressed.
    Last edited by AugustaRamFan; -12-13-2006 at 09:27 AM.

RamWraith is offline Registered User

The only thing that weird about this whole thing is how bad our defense remains. This offense has to play catch-up just like every other offense in St. Louis has had to do the past 4 years. Maybe Marc is rolling his eyes at a pitiful defense like the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by AugustaRamFan View Post
    I would think that this has to be a two-way deal. Maybe Bulger will be asked to sign a long-term contract. Even so, I am not so sure that he wants to stay in STL and continue to take a beating. (see my recent post)

It's weird that the Linehan offense looks a lot like the old Martz desperation offense. The key difference is that instead of throwing deep and trying to spread a defense, they throw the check down pass to Jackson and allow the defense to remain compressed.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

we have to convince Bulger to stay, and fix things around him

you dont let a Pro Bowl QB leave and keep the poor players that make him leave, you get rid of the rubbish and keep Bulger!

81~BIG-GAME is offline Registered User

We have to keep Bulger,we can't afford to lose one of the few weapons we have...There is plenty of rubbish to get rid off,but we have to keep Marc at all costs...:l

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

The question is going to be how much. Coming off of a significant injury, Drew Brees was able to get a six-year $60 million contract from the Saints. While it's heavily backloaded, the market price is set at around $10 million a year. The deal Hasselbeck signed in 2005 averaged out to be around $7.8 million a year, so something in between there seems reasonable.

Bulger's never seemed like someone who is going to hold out for top dollar, so I'd probably go with a five-year offer worth a total of $40 million. The fourth and fifth years would have option bonuses included, in case for some reason the Rams want to cut bait. I think a deal like that would pretty much lock Bulger up for the rest of his career.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

Even if we don't get bulgetr resigned or an extension....you can always tag him(only if necisary
    Built RAM tough