Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Need more impact from a few players

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Need more impact from a few players

Really really disappointing to see pead, quick, Johnson doing absolutely nothing to help this ball club. You used high in Picks to take these players, you need production from them right away plain and simple.

I know people will say give the kids time, well I'm tired of pitying the younger players. So many teams get production right away out of their top picks and it seems year in and year out its the same ole motto around here. " oh give them time just give them time" . Then two years later these players are off the ballclub aka Brian Leonard, Jerome Murphy, Donnie Avery, the list goes on and on.

I know this is a new regime and I trust fisher n co but we've seen this episode of rams draft picks before...

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

Re: Need more impact from a few players

I find it interesting we get production out of Jenkins and our rookie kickers but our 2nd round RB and our wide receivers have done jack.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

I agree 100% with bruce4life and expressed similar sentiments in a post after last week's game. I can only hope that the new regime has and will continue to obtain good picks through the draft, but it is disheartening to see guys like Quick, Pead, Givens, etc. give us virtually nothing thus far. While transitioning to the NFL game from college is a huge adjustment, "development" in my mind is a term more appropriate for a late round draft pick- not a guy taken in the first couple of rounds. Bottom line: Quick and Pead specifically need to contribute more.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

You guys are over looking the fact that they have to be better than the people on the field.

Johnson is NOT better than finnegan, jenkins and fletcher to make the starting rotation thats not a problem with johnson we just are ok at that position.

Pead got beat out by Richardson so if they missed on a second round pick they hit on a 7th, i believe that would about even it out.

Quick has to prove he is better than either smith gibson or amendola. Gibson being the only one I see him taking out. Again it is the better play of the other people that are keeping them out of the game not so much that they arent producing. Hard to produce when you barely see the field.

richtree is offline Registered User

I think Bradford is getting better and better, just not as quick as I wanted....but the one guy I think we really need help from is LANCE KENDRICKS....

HE REALLY NEEDS TO SHOW AND PROVE == BLOCK, RUN ROUTES HARD, AND CATCH....

This guy could be much, much, much better.....I think he needs to get it done...

Obviously, we need another WR but that requires Bradford to trust someone and a WR to be a play maker....

DX kinda gained the trust and hopefully Quick will develop.....

I kind will will win alot of home games, but really struggle on the road due to the fact the offense can't hit big plays often enough

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sjacksonrules View Post
    You guys are over looking the fact that they have to be better than the people on the field.

Johnson is NOT better than finnegan, jenkins and fletcher to make the starting rotation thats not a problem with johnson we just are ok at that position.

Pead got beat out by Richardson so if they missed on a second round pick they hit on a 7th, i believe that would about even it out.

Quick has to prove he is better than either smith gibson or amendola. Gibson being the only one I see him taking out. Again it is the better play of the other people that are keeping them out of the game not so much that they arent producing. Hard to produce when you barely see the field.
    What sort of a lame excuse is this? Brian Quick can't even stay active and the guy was picked in the 2nd round! Yes he lost out to Gibby (horrible), Smith (below average), Pettis (shown nothing), and a bunch of other guys other than Amendola who haven't done crap.

You don't take players in the 2nd round to have them set on the bench on gamedays. Quick needs to strap on the big boy pants, start studying 5x harder, and take care of his job. Same goes for Pead who seems to be having some serious troubles catching kickoffs..

THE DREAM TEAM

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

Quick must be given the chance to show what he has,he needs real snaps nothing is like Gameday plays.He has no confidence because the coaching staff has no trust in him.I dont care what anyone says the first pick in the second round pick should be able to contribute right away thats a high pick,you dont pick projects that high lets get serious.Im sure this subject is 50 50 but i agree i want to see more of Pead and Quick and givens,besides Danny we dont know if they are better than who we are putting on the field.Gibson is average at best and so is steve smith guys be real hes not the steve smith from the Giants he would be doing more by now production wise if we got that steve smith.So lets put the young bucks out there and see what they got who knows.We know what Jenkins can do because we put him out there because he was a high pick and was thought to be good.AND HE IS!!!!!Time to give the future a shot im tired of seeing Gibson and Smith get everything they have minimal upside lets be real people....done ranting sorry.

punahou is offline Registered User

the fact that quick was picked where he was only escalates the issuees, as well as the fact that he cant overcome basically the sorry bunch of receivers we had the last few years is discouraging.

we need to draftt a premier wr in this draft..... as well as olb and ots.
    Last edited by punahou; -09-24-2012 at 03:26 PM.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

I think Bernie saw this thread and stole it for his article this morning...
    MauiRam likes this.

citr92 is offline Registered User

i doubt it's the physical part of the game, i'm sure it's learning the playbook

svh01 is offline Registered User

Though it would be nice to see them contribute more, but are you all serious?!? We have played 3 games and you guys are complaining already? Did it ever occur to you that Fisher is trying to put the players on the field that can help us win now? Just maybe he is giving Quick a chance to learn to ensure that he can be a productive receiver for a long time instead of getting his confidence shattered and becoming a bust. For the record, which rookie receiver has been a stud so far this year? Guys lighten up. Why not let this young team develop and at LEAST wait until mid-season before we start the doom and gloom. 3 games in and we could have easily have been 2-1 instead of 1-2.
    live4ramin likes this.

rNemesis is offline Registered User

And I think its pretty clear when evaluating players transitioning from college to the NFL level that you either have it or you don't. Janoris Jenkins has it. Michael Brockers has it. Quick and Pead dont have it. And its nothing to do with how good the players in front of them have been. Its just the simple but unfortunate fact that they suck. I'm sorry guys but they just dont have it. If Quick cant beat out Gibson for the starting job, or if Pead cant beat out Richardson, then it just means that they are not good enough.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Yes, it's frustrating when second and third round picks aren't on the field more. But when we saw Pead, Quick, and Johnson in the pre-season games, I don't recall them being so overwhelmingly good that their absence is a huge mystery at this point. I trust this coaching staff to determine whether or not these players are ready for an expanded role.
    ManofGod likes this.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Premature evaluation.

Try thinking about baseball.
    Rambos and jmk321 like this.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    Really really disappointing to see pead, quick, Johnson doing absolutely nothing to help this ball club. You used high in Picks to take these players, you need production from them right away plain and simple.

I know people will say give the kids time, well I'm tired of pitying the younger players. So many teams get production right away out of their top picks and it seems year in and year out its the same ole motto around here. " oh give them time just give them time" . Then two years later these players are off the ballclub aka Brian Leonard, Jerome Murphy, Donnie Avery, the list goes on and on.

I know this is a new regime and I trust fisher n co but we've seen this episode of rams draft picks before...
    I'm afraid that you may still be a tad bit upset from yesterday. As I stated earlier, you have to bring certain individuals along at different paces based on variables such as temperament, experience, etc. If you say that you trust coach as you say that you do, then you will have patience and allow the team to bring the guys along as is. Keep in mind we are building a program here. This is not the ***** that Harbaugh inherited, this will take a bit longer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast