Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    San Diego Ram is offline Registered User

Re: The needs are now obvious

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    Go get a quality backup in FA. There are some great complimentary speed guys out there like Sproles, Leon Washington, and Jerious Norwood.

Norwood makes the most sense money wise and play wise IMO. Devaney drafted him he is really good receiver, returner, and really uses his speed well in space. Has never really gotten a bunch of carries and doesn't really need alot. He would be a really good FA pick up and giving him some carries would help extend S-Jax's career.
    Agree! Norwood and jackson could do some damage, have jackson with the power and then norwood with the speed. Kinda like carolina with Deangelo Williams and Jonathon Stewart

RebelYell is offline Registered User

My route would be:

QB is the first priority. You have to build for 2011.

RB I'd get in the 3rd or 4th round. A Noel Divine from WV or McCutchen of Mississippi. They need SPEED.

I think they can get the DT in free agency. Tank Johnson, Johnny Jolly, Barry Cofield???? With Scott and Ryan on board, I think they just need 1 more guy and HOPE Carriker can come back (I'm doubtful).

For WR I'd look 2nd round if they aren't happy with Robinson, Avery, Burton and Gibson. Those are 4 really young WRs that are still developing. I'm impressed by them.

OLBers. We need two. One via free agency and one via the draft hopefully. (Thomas Howard, Demico Ryans)

CB I'd be going after Ellis Hobbs for his contribution potential on special teams.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

we need outside linebackers and plenty of them...J-lau getting 16 tackles is an insane accomplishment..but no team is goin` anywhere with just one linebacker...i supported the spoon trade at the time and still do..he wasnt getting it done...but we definately need additions at the two OLB spots in the Off-season.

also we need a high calibre TE ...Fells was a nice addition,good value for money and all that,is a nice player to have as the second TE.. but we need a number 1 TE badly.

the biggest thing that we need to go right for us this off-season isnt so much getting any one player..but there being a salary cap next off- season..otherwise its just gonna be another re-building year...where as if there is a salary cap, i could see us filling just about all our holes with the $35 mill we`d have to spend.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

oh yeah, forgot about TE. Honestly, I'd rather have a premier TE than invest in another WR.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

This team needs DT's and OLB's more than anything. They can't stop the run to save themselves.

San Diego Ram is offline Registered User

we have good tight end in daniel Fells.

macrammer is offline Registered User

I do not like the idea of trading Steven Jackson but this idea does have some merit. How long does he have left in this league as a premier running back. 3 years? Maybe 4? Will the Rams be competitive by then given all of their needs and lack of historical drafting prowess? I believe we are at least two years away from being .500 and that is if we break the talent signing drought. If the value is there, Rams should be open to consider any trade that is going to help the team.

MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    I do not like the idea of trading Steven Jackson but this idea does have some merit. How long does he have left in this league as a premier running back. 3 years? Maybe 4? Will the Rams be competitive by then given all of their needs and lack of historical drafting prowess? I believe we are at least two years away from being .500 and that is if we break the talent signing drought. If the value is there, Rams should be open to consider any trade that is going to help the team.

If you get an insanely good complement to run alongside him, or to share the load with, you have his replacement locked. If Martz and company had played things right, and split the carries evenly between Jackson and Faulk back when they had the chance, we may have had one heck of a crazy year on the ground, but we all know that was never going to happen. There would be no need to trade him away then. Not to mention the fact that Jackson is one of the few things that has kept the team intact. Get rid of him, you lose everyone else right along with him.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Receiver? Why?

We've got five good young wide receivers - Avery, Burton, Gibson, Amendola, Robinson ...

Teams all over the league win without "spectacular" wideouts - Eagles, Steelers, Vikings, Cowboys, Giants, etc.

The least of the concerns we have. Go look at what Bruce did as a rookie ...
    Last edited by RamsInfiniti; -11-23-2009 at 09:01 PM.

codeman123 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Receiver? Why?

We've got five good young wide receivers - Avery, Burton, Gibson, Amendola, Robinson ...

Teams all over the league win without "spectacular" wideouts - Eagles, Steelers, Vikings, Cowboys, Giants, etc.

The least of the concerns we have. Go look at what Bruce did as a rookie ...
    All of those teams have spent a first round pick on a WR and they are all outperforming our WRs. I agree next year we will have good depth, but we certainly have the room to add a number 1 receiver. However, I think we would be better off with a number 1 tight end, which is what all of those teams above have. It is crucial to throwing over the middle, especially in a west coast offense. Fells and Bajema are good #2 guys, but a good TE would do wonders for this team.

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    Go get a quality backup in FA. There are some great complimentary speed guys out there like Sproles, Leon Washington, and Jerious Norwood.
    That's a very good point. I would be very happy with either of those 3 as our 2nd man behind Jackson. We've got a couple of other needs so if we get a chance to grab someone like that in FA and save a draft pick I say go for it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12