• 1 Post By Ram Dragoon
  • 3 Post By lostsoul
  • 3 Post By cfh128
  • 1 Post By TekeRam
  • 1 Post By Tampa_Ram

Thread: Neener-neener!

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

Neener-neener!

I can't remember when I had a more fun watching the NFL draft. For the Rams it was neener-neener to the NY Jets. And after the Rams snatch up T. Austine, the Jets add insult to their injuries in drafting D. Milliner, a CB who is reluctent to tackle and injury prone. So come 2014 when Rex Ryan is likely looking for a job, would the Rams want him on the staff--ha!

But at least the NY Jets are not alone in the catagory of what-the-HEll-where-they-thinking in this years draft:

Detroit// Zig. Ansan(DE)...Hasn't Stafford ate enough turf--Wouldn't a LT been better? Or perhaps a CB considering last season they got torched and they are in the same division as Rodgers/Cutler?

Bears// K. Long(G)...pretty much the same issues as Detroit, considering how often Cutler was chewing on the grass--not to mention K. Long was in my oppion a 3rd round pick at best. And what do the Bears do at MLB?

I also lump the Chargers, and Dolphines in this catagory. At least the Cards/49whiners picks made some sense. But over all considering the Rams walked away with A. Ogletree, who might be the Rams new Safety or a solid add to the LB core, I give the Rams a grade of {A}.
    lostsoul likes this.

lostsoul is offline Registered User

Re: Neener-neener!

For what its worth Faulk, Warner, Mcguinness, and Charlie Casserly are all really high on the Rams draft so far. with Mcguinness and Casserly saying Austin has the best chance to make the top 100 players next year out of all the rookies.
    eric2810, ZiaRam and citr92 like this.

cfh128 is offline Registered User

I dont agree with the OP here at all.

Detroit lost both Avril and Vanden Bosch so their DE cupboard was totally bare. Ansah was not only a good pick but also the obvious pick.

San Diego's line is a mess. They really need a LT but the whole OL is an area of need so Fluker was a good pick for them given the options available.

I don't even think Milliner was a bad pick for the Jets. You can make the argument that trading Revis was a bad decision but after that happened CB was an area of need and Milliner was one of the best options available.

I was not on the Austin bandwagon and I'm still not thrilled about it but if he lives up to his explosive playmaker billing then I will change my opnion in record time.

Draft picks that I thought were strange were Richardson to the Jets (being that their last 2 first rounders were Wilkerson and Coples), Eifert to the Bengals, and of course the funniest pick of the first round, Frederick to Dallas.

Loved Ogletree to the Rams after the trade down.

Excited to see what day 2 brings us. Any chance that we finagle our way back into round 2?
    TekeRam, Tampa_Ram and DE_Ramfan like this.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

What cfh said... every single word.
    cfh128 likes this.
    I believe!

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by cfh128 View Post
    I dont agree with the OP here at all.

Detroit lost both Avril and Vanden Bosch so their DE cupboard was totally bare. Ansah was not only a good pick but also the obvious pick.

San Diego's line is a mess. They really need a LT but the whole OL is an area of need so Fluker was a good pick for them given the options available.

I don't even think Milliner was a bad pick for the Jets. You can make the argument that trading Revis was a bad decision but after that happened CB was an area of need and Milliner was one of the best options available.

I was not on the Austin bandwagon and I'm still not thrilled about it but if he lives up to his explosive playmaker billing then I will change my opnion in record time.

Draft picks that I thought were strange were Richardson to the Jets (being that their last 2 first rounders were Wilkerson and Coples), Eifert to the Bengals, and of course the funniest pick of the first round, Frederick to Dallas.

Loved Ogletree to the Rams after the trade down.

Excited to see what day 2 brings us. Any chance that we finagle our way back into round 2?
    Im with Tiki on this. I agree 10000% with what you say her cfh!!!
    cfh128 likes this.