Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: A negative bunch

rammiser is offline Registered User

A negative bunch

Has the last several years of losing turned most of us in to negative Nellies? Has it gotten so bad that even when we play a good game and nearly pull off an upset against a very good team that we only see what the team did badly? Are we so used to losing that we will just nit pick the negatives that happened and focus on them?

Just a show of hands, how many of you truly thought the Rams were capable of winning this game before Sunday? Kind of what I thought no one. Sure we all hoped they would win. My expectations were actually exceeded because I thought we would get throttled by a team with a terrific front 4 and Megatron.

Why don't we try something new next week, and focus on the positives from game to game. Focus on the growth of this team under a real NFL coach.

Let's focus on our play making corner backs and linebackers. Lets focus that even without Brockers this team held their own against a great offensive team.

Brandon Gibson is catching the football and aside from one mistake played very well.

Bradford didnt move well in the pocket because Suh and Fairly were destroying the middle of our O-line. However i saw him make some very nice throws and the one to Gibson was money.

Take a deep breath and be happy that this team looks to have a nice bright future ahead. The sky is not falling after one game, in my opinion the sky has not been brighter for some time.
    RamDez, thoey, ramsbruce and 4 others like this.

Just Fix It

supachump is offline Registered User

Re: A negative bunch

If our O-Line was better, or the lions D-Line was worse, I think we would of easily won this game. Count me as someone who expected the Rams to get blown out.

Holt Your Horses is offline Registered User

All of us had our hearts ripped out with the loss, but to be disappointed with the play basically a college team version of the Rams is insane. I loved their heart.
    Defence Wins Championships

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Rams rebuild... Don't we as fans also need time to rebuild??? Takes time. This is one of the first times I didn't get all upset because we didnt win. I'm actually happy we looked decent and it came to the end. Looking for a win next week.
    Rambos, rammiser and C-Mob 71 like this.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Jeff Fisher has consistently said that we will "compete" and that is exactly what we did yesterday. Until we add the talent we need that is the best we can expect. So enjoy the games and let's be happy we're headed in the right direction.

Imagine what Saints fans are saying about Spags today. I mean that with no disrespect to Spags as I like him very much as a person.

Go Rams!
    Rambos, Nick and Tampa_Ram like this.

Agrajag is offline Registered User

You know when they lost at the very end, I felt let down.

But then all I had to do was think back to the first quarter when it looked like we couldn't stop the Lions to save our souls and I was thinking oh man, this is going to get really ugly. Then BAM right as they were about to score interception. Really? Ok, I was thinking yeah, but that's super rare. If the defense doesn't figure something out, they'll just score at will throughout the rest of the game.

Two more interceptions later and I'm thinking wow, I don't know why Stafford's our ***** today, but I like it. I mean come one I don't know who was honestly expecting us to be tied, much less leading the Lions at halftime, but I was totally impressed.

I'm just going to say it, when we marched down the field and got out field goal in the fourth, that was the first moment that I thought we actually had a chance to really win this game. I mean we were closer, just one more first down and it would have been all she wrote, an actual upset in Detroit, when were forced to take the field goal, I was a little let down at that moment.

But come on, yesterday was a good day! I can't really be upset with the team, just worried about the O-line obviously, but who isn't? I feel bad for Saffold. But that was a game I won't mind watching again sometime in the near future.

Man, that would have could have and maybe even should have been a blowout. Instead, I'm quite proud to be a Rams fan.How's that for relevance? If we played the Cardinals or Seahawks with that same tenacity, it's a win. Things are looking up.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

"Has the last several years of losing turned most of us in to negative Nellies? Has it gotten so bad that even when we play a good game and nearly pull off an upset against a very good team that we only see what the team did badly? Are we so used to losing that we will just nit pick the negatives that happened and focus on them?"
    Apparently, yes it has. But in reality, every forum of every team in the NFL will have these kinds of posts. I actually thought the forum was very subdued following the loss. I expected far more negativity than there actually was. It's easy to second guess, and it should be expected to be quite frank. Painting a silver lining on everything is fine, but pointing out and questioning plays and play-calling is normal fan activity.

It's what fan's do.
    Just a show of hands, how many of you truly thought the Rams were capable of winning this game before Sunday? Kind of what I thought no one. Sure we all hoped they would win. My expectations were actually exceeded because I thought we would get throttled by a team with a terrific front 4 and Megatron.
    Personally, I had the Rams getting beat 31-17 in my pre-game prediction, if I remember correctly. Let me ask all of you this:

How many of you thought the Rams were going to win with 1:55 seconds to go on the clock, the ball at the opposing 20 yard line, and only one Lion's time-out and up by three? Any of you that said or thought: "I expected them to lose"

...there are your Negative Nellie's.

Remember, hind-site is ALWAYS 20-20. There are going to be "shoulda-coulda" posts following a loss. Any loss. Especially a tough one like the one Sunday. They let one slip through their hands, and that hurts. You can bet that not one player from the game is taking solice in the fact that they "kept it close." If there is, they should find another team.

There were some good things to see yesterday, and some not-so-good things. It's okay to talk about them both. You can bet the Rams are.
    Last edited by RAMFANRAIDERHATER; -09-10-2012 at 09:57 PM.
    Rambos, Nick, macrammer and 1 others like this.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Anyone with a competitive bone in their body is going to be upset we lost that game yesterday. Certainly, most felt going in we had little chance of stealing a win. But when you're THAT close- especially when you did damage defensively in the 1st half- you want to seal the deal. We didn't, and hence, the frustration.

Fans who have suffered for so long are not going to patiently wait for wins. And while we certainly need to upgrade parts of our football team and total team depth, the notion that "we have no talent" is getting older by the day; it's simply not true.

Objectively, I think one would be hard pressed to be totally angry about yesterday. Disappointed? Of course. But certainly not disgusted, as has usually been the case in recent seasons. We competed. We did some good things. The game was there for the taking. It's a cliche, but it's true nonetheless: One must learn HOW to win before it can win consistently. And yesterday was a prime example of a team not used to winning being unable to finish off their opponent by making a play.

If yesterday is any indication of what lies ahead, I'm encouraged. We'll get there- and it will be sooner than expected.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    Personally, I had the Rams getting beat 31-17 in my pre-game prediction, if I remember correctly. Let me ask all of you this:

How many of you thought the Rams were going to win with 1:55 seconds to go on the clock, the ball at the opposing 20 yard line, and only one Lion's time-out and up by three? Any of you that said or thought: "I expected them to lose?"

...there are your Negative Nellie's.

Actually, I felt like we were in trouble at that point, not because I'm a negative nellie, but because of the ease in which Detroit marched down the field in it's previous drive.

That drive told me that they had figured out the Rams defense, and were poised to exploit it.

And well, that's exactly what they did.
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER likes this.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    Actually, I felt like we were in trouble at that point, not because I'm a negative nellie, but because of the ease in which Detroit marched down the field in it's previous drive.

That drive told me that they had figured out the Rams defense, and were poised to exploit it.

And well, that's exactly what they did.
    I hate to admit it, but I remember during that point in the game, a fellow Rams fan next to me was screaming about the "inept" defense on that drive. I said pretty much what you said after watchng the ease at which they drove down previously and I expected them to go for the win because I too believed they had the Rams D figured out. It was just too easy on the previous drive.

I just hoped that this year, this game, the results would be different. I added in my conversation that Fisher's group would somehow find a way to stop this drive, or perhaps another pick was coming, but I was wrong. They sat back and let Stafford pick them apart.

Bottomline, I was not certain they would score, but I was not at all surprised based on what I had seen.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    Just a show of hands, how many of you truly thought the Rams were capable of winning this game before Sunday? Kind of what I thought no one.
    Doing my best Arnold Horshack impression......and he still doesn't see me.

Damn, I really hate him, when he acts like that.

ramsanddodgers likes this.

ramsanddodgers is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    Doing my best Arnold Horshack impression......and he still doesn't see me.

Damn, I really hate him, when he acts like that.

Ooh, ooh! Ooh, ooh, ooh! Mr Kotter, Mr. Kotter!

I thought they were capable, but didn't really expect them to. I loathe the 'prevent' defense. I cannot recall the last time the prevent defense worked to prevent anything untoward from occurring to the team implementing it.
    Curly Horns likes this.
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsanddodgers View Post

I thought they were capable, but didn't really expect them to. I loathe the 'prevent' defense. I cannot recall the last time the prevent defense worked to prevent anything untoward from occurring to the team implementing it.
    Yeah, I hear ya, buddy! We made it way too easy for the them to score that final td.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsanddodgers View Post

It prevented the Rams from winning...
    Curly Horns likes this.

thermobee is offline Registered User

It certainly hasnt happened to me. I knew we had a chance to win and I fully put this on Fisher. He had the team ready and firing on all cylinders, I think everyone played up to their abilities. We put up a good fight against a great team that might be playoff bound, there is nothing to be ashamed of. As for all the negative nancy's why do you even come here to bash? I simply dont get it, does it feel good to vent on an internet forum?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast