sparker is offline Registered User

New Divisions - What do you think?

These divisions make sense from a geographic standpoint. But also think they would lead to great regional rivalries. What do you think?
    AFC
    East
    Baltimore
    New York Jets
    New England
    Buffalo

Central
    Cleveland
    Cincinnati
    Pittsburgh
    Indianapolis

South
    Miami
    Jacksonville
    Tampa Bay
    Atlanta

West
    Oakland
    San Diego
    Denver
    Seattle

NFC
    East
    New York Giants
    Philadelphia
    Washington
    Carolina

North
    Detroit
    Chicago
    Minnesota
    Green Bay

Central
    St Louis
    Kansas City
    Tennessee
    New Orleans

West
    Dallas
    Houston
    Arizona
    San Francisco

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: New Divisions - What do you think?

Personally, I like it. I'd love the chance to see the Chiefs, Titans & Saints twice each year. I've never understood how we can be in the West anyway. Yeah, yeah I know it's because the team used to be in LA, but it still seems weird to play 400 yards from the Mississippi River and be in the West.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Can you imagine the new rivalries that would be formed. How about Dallas/Houston? Or Miami/Tampa Bay? And wouldn't New Orleans/Kansas City/Tennessee be 6 great division games each year?

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

Well done. I was trying to figure out a way to split up the divisions geographically and you've done a pretty good job. I'd love to see the Saints, Titans and Chiefs, but it would pretty much do away with the ***** rivalry huh?

I'm not sure that's that big a rivalry anymore anyway. When they were up and we were down we hated them, but since the tables have turned I don't think it's a big deal now. Feel alot more when we play the Cards or Seascum.
    Would love to play new Orleans (real hatred was building) and Tennessee (speakergate & Superbowl tears) and of course Kansas City and Dickie. Govenors Cup is nothing in Preseason but imagine if regular season. I've been to Ram/Chief games in KC and they have a real strong desire to be better than us.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I'd love to play in that division if only because I don't see a dominant defense that can stop us.

That said, I've heard rumblings that if the Saints move to LA, they'd switch divisions with the Rams and the Rams would be in the NFC South. Frankly, the idea of facing the Falcons, Bucs, and Panthers twice a year doesn't have me thrilled.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

cowboyhater is offline Registered User

Personally, I do not like it. Poor Seattle has already switched conferences twice, in their short history ... why make them do it again?

The Rams/niners rivalry is the most important one to Rams fans. (Which is why the team name properly spelled on this forum is treated as a cuss word, and Chiefs and Saints are not cuss words)

The NFL is a nationalized sport. There are more Cowboys and Raiders fans in the Northeast than there are Patriots fans. Fans (especially those who do not live near the city and hence cannot hold season tickets for the team) are as likely to be drawn to a team by a coach, star player, uniform, team history and aura as much as by location. For my part, I grew up in Connecticut, where I noticed (in the early '70s) how obnoxious Cowboys fans were. Once I knew who my enemy was, and eliminated the vaguely communist AFC from consideration, I knew I had to support a team in the hunt to shut them up. At the time, that meant Rams or Vikings. I saw the Rams play, the blue and gold, Lawrence McCutcheon, Jack Youngblood, Fred Dryer, Monte Jackson etc. I was hooked.

Just as the Rams need the '9ers in the division, the 'skins need the Cowboys and Chiefs need the Broncos and Raiders.

If you are so worried about the Cowboys being in the East, or St. Louis being in the west, we can rename the divisions "Patrick" "Smythe" "Norris" and "Adams."