RamsFan16 Guest

New: Kris Jenkins Article

St. Louis, Kansas City, Denver showing interest in Jenkins
    By Darin Gantt The Herald - Updated 04/11/07 - 12:44 AM

File, Christopher A. Record The Charlotte Observer

St. Louis, Kansas City, Denver showing interest in Jenkins
    More draft picks sought

CHARLOTTE -- Carolina Panthers defensive tackle Kris Jenkins was scheduled to leave town Tuesday, with the knowledge he probably won't return as a member of the team -- though he hasn't heard that from them.
    According to his publicist, Jenkins was planning to head to his new offseason home in Maryland to huddle with his agent since his football future's up in the air. The Panthers have been exploring trade options for the three-time Pro Bowler, but have not updated him on any progress that may or may not be made on that front.

"The last time I talked to Kris, he said he still hasn't heard from the team," publicist Livis Freeman said Tuesday. "Right now, he just wants to be wanted. This was completely out of the blue to him. ...

"He wants to go somewhere they want him to play, and if that's Carolina, so be it. But if it's someplace else, so be it too."

Freeman, who represents many of the 27-year-old's off-field interests, said that Jenkins has been working out with a personal trainer, and was in "amazing shape."

Jenkins has battled weight problems in past offseasons, and the Panthers have never been thrilled with his lack of attendance at organized team workouts.

His football agent (Tony Paige) hasn't returned phone calls seeking comment this week. Freeman said Jenkins was eager to talk about the situation, but was declining interview requests upon the advice of his agent.

As of now, the Panthers aren't saying anything either, though they are still listening to offers.

St. Louis, Kansas City and Denver appear to be the leading candidates to land Jenkins. According to multiple league sources, the Panthers are looking for draft pick compensation, though they were apparently underwhelmed by the first round of talks. While they're said to be averse to giving him away, they're hoping for more than the third-round (or later) picks which have been discussed so far.

Freeman said Jenkins was still a bit baffled at being shopped, and that to his knowledge, hadn't asked for a renegotiation of his contract. He has three years left on the five-year, $31 million extension he signed in September 2003.

He was planning to unveil some new charity efforts in the area soon, but has shelved those plans until he knows where he's playing next year.

--------------------------------------------------------

Freeman, who represents many of the 27-year-old's off-field interests, said that Jenkins has been working out with a personal trainer, and was in "amazing shape."
    Hopefully thats true, I also like in the article where he said he wants to play where he is wanted.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: New: Kris Jenkins Article

Let's get him on the phone! Also, Front Office: get Carolina convinced Jenkins' next home should be St. Louis. Accept our offer. // Do it.

Interesting read. Thanks 16.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

2 HUGE questions answered for me. He's in great shape and wants to play where he's wanted. Definitely makes him alot more interesting in my mind.

I've read so much about Jenkins in the last few days I feel like I've known him personally all my life.

general counsel is offline Registered User

The fact that his agent says he is in great shape isnt exactly an objective source. I wouldnt expect his agent to say anything else, even if the guy looked like Haystacks Calhoun, who by the way was one of the great wrestlers of all time.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    The fact that his agent says he is in great shape isnt exactly an objective source.
    Absolutely. Seeing is believing, which begs the question, have representatives from the Rams, Chiefs and Broncos actually seen what they are bidding on or are they negotiating sight unseen? And if they have seen him, wouldn't the question of his shape be public knowledge?

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Absolutely. Seeing is believing, which begs the question, have representatives from the Rams, Chiefs and Broncos actually seen what they are bidding on or are they negotiating sight unseen? And if they have seen him, wouldn't the question of his shape be public knowledge?
    Exactly, you can't just take his publicists (Livis Freeman) word for it that he's in "amazing shape", and so far his agent (Tony Paige) has been declining to comment. I would hope that the Rams already know what kind of shape he's in, but the shape he's in is still a concern to at least Rams fans as of now since we don't know and nobody is talking about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Tre was running great against an awful NYG run defense. 5.8 YPC yet he only gets 13 carries. I can't wait until the Rams abandon you, Schotty.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

So we've evidently offered a 3rd and they balked. Poker time I guess. I'm sensing Carolina would let go with a 2 and probably another some time in the draft or a pick next season. He won't be back in Carolina next year from the sound of things and I'm betting that he's going to have a great year where ever he ends up. I'm think if the Rams pick him up, that this defense changes dramatically. With a rookie DT, I don't see it.

MASSIVE Guest

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    So we've evidently offered a 3rd and they balked. Poker time I guess. I'm sensing Carolina would let go with a 2 and probably another some time in the draft or a pick next season. He won't be back in Carolina next year from the sound of things and I'm betting that he's going to have a great year where ever he ends up. I'm think if the Rams pick him up, that this defense changes dramatically. With a rookie DT, I don't see it.
    I agree with you Tx 100%, if we are able to pull off this deal it would change our defense completely. We could start Hall, Wroten, Jenkins, and Little-that front four would make a big difference and we could rotate V.A. and Glover at the end and tackle too keep guys fresh. Also if Pisa can stay on the field this defense will improve dramatcily. We need to get this deal done -I dont care what it takes, A 2nd, 3rd, or a combination of picks-just get it done!!!
    :r :l :r

itsguud is offline Registered User

Cmon cmon cmon cmon cmon.... Rams get him, rams get him.... fingers crossed!