Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Look Rams

itsguud is offline Registered User

New Look Rams

As we all sit here at our comps, discussing whatwe all determine to be the problem wiht our favorite organization, the only thing that everyone seems to be able ot agree on (even without mentioning it) is that this is the NEW RAMS.

As faithful Rams followers, most of us have been around since the glory days of GSOT, it appears that we are all complaining about O. And yeah, I am looking for Losehands head, maybe more then any of you. But the real thing that I am loving about this "different" looking Rams team is D. With our young guys, Carriker, Hill, Bartell, Ryan... along side our vets, WW, Brown, Glover... and the crazy calls of Haslett, our D is beginning to look like somehting that teams will fear before taking the field.

I am very excited about the prospect of having a dangerous looking D, perhaps somthing that looks like the 05-06 bears who would single-handly win games for the team, even when the QBs would just go give the ball right back.

I think that with the way our team is loking right now, prehaps in next years draft we should concentrate on building on this foundation, and picking up another LB, with size to compliment WW, and a S to take over for Chavos. I know people are screeming DE in first round, but I still think LB is a bigger need. LBs are the guys who make the biggest plays especially in the 3-4 that Haslett seems to enjoy. We need guys to come through holes and stop RBs behind the line as well as get to the QB. I love watching WW out there, I just think that he needs some help.

On O, I think we need a LT that can stay healthy. After that we have a damn good team, as long as we can get another HC.

RealRam is online now Registered User

Re: New Look Rams

Good, optimistic observations, Guud.

fftopic: ... Please allow me, for now, to request, as part of our 'New Look', that we burn those ugly blue pants! Why can't we just settle for our standard uniform versions?!? That and go for a true retro uni once in a while of the 65-72 era or the 1999 SB year.

mpire is offline Registered User

was this the first blue-pant win?

Rambos is offline Registered User

burn those ugly blue pants! Why can't we just settle for our standard uniform versions?!? That and go for a true retro uni once in a while of the 65-72 era or the 1999 SB year.
    I'm with you RealRam, as soon as I saw the all blue look, I felt I was not watching the Rams. I really hate when they wear the white and Blue paints.

Guud, good post you might be right... we might be closer on the D then on the O right now. That being said, I still would go DE and S over a LB. I love the four we have. Donít forget Quinton Culberson, he did beat out Alston, the coaches really like him he is a big hitter.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mpire View Post
    Second...they beat Dallas a couple of years ago in them at the end of the season.

VegasRam is online now Ram MVP

I actually like, in this order, gold pants and blue top, and the all blue at home, all white, and gold and white away.

Do NOT like the blue and white in ANY combo.

And I'm old school.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

LOL, when i saw the article title, I thought this was going to be a post in favor of the blue pants.... so i jumped on to voice my dissent. Glad to see I'm off topic and not the only one who dislikes the blue pants.

Every time I see the Rams line up in the blue bottoms, I can't shake the feeling that the Rams uniforms manager had a mishap and had to call the Chargers to borrow some pants!

VegasRam is online now Ram MVP

That's why the all blues are ok, they don't look like the Chargers.

I could live without the double stripe tho...
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

I don't agree that we need to grab a LB in the first. In fact I'm not sure I would take a LB at all in the upcoming draft (provided we resign the guys we have now - I believe Chillar is in his contract year) unless there appeared to be a complete steal and even then certainly only on the 2nd day of the draft.

I think all our LB's have been doing a pretty good job this year, and a lot of that is because of how well our D-line has been playing and keeping blockers away from our LB's. We are set in that position as I see it, we don't need to throw big money at that with our other needs, the guys we have now will make the plays they need to make. A top DE really would lift this defense onto another level, besides Leonard Little looks like he is slowing down a lot now (didn't play well previous to the injury either) and we haven't got any replacement lined up, especially not someone who can rush the passer.

Areas of need for the draft as I see it right now (prioritized order): DE, SS, WR, LT, FB

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I basically agree with RamOfDenmark on the ranking of draft priority except I'd rank LT slightly above WR. If a linebacker happens to be the best player available, I would be fine with selecting him, but I wouldn't particularly target the position.

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mpire View Post
    Nah we had a win vs the cowboys in 2005. The last game of the season on Sunday night.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

i dont think we need a lb at all i think we are set there and i think the d is acutaly a hybrid 3-4 3-3-5 with bartell coming up to play S/LB. Whatever it is its a crazy concoction out of the mind of haslet that just works

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    Good, optimistic observations, Guud.

fftopic: ... Please allow me, for now, to request, as part of our 'New Look', that we burn those ugly blue pants! Why can't we just settle for our standard uniform versions?!? That and go for a true retro uni once in a while of the 65-72 era or the 1999 SB year.
    You can probably forget about seeing the Rams play in any throwback uni's of the "glory years", at least as long as Goergia owns the team. I'm convinced that Madamn Ram won't allow any reference to the Rams days in Los Angeles. Isn't it strange that the Rams, with all it's long tradition and heritage, that we've never seen a throwback of the old blue and white, or, blue and yellow gold of the LA Rams?

The Rams were leaders in uniform and logo design, and were the first to display a logo on the helmet. You would think the Rams would come out one day in the old blue and white helmets to honor that significant and historic change in uniforms. Her defiance in recognizing any relationship with Los Angeles was obvious when she made that horrible speech after the Superbowl win. It was something like; "this proves that our move to St. Louis was the right thing to do". She alienated herself further from those Ram fans she abandoned, and many of those that remained behind here in LA were lost forever when she made that stupid statement. All she had to say was "this Superbowl win is for all Ram fans in St. Louis and all the loyal fans in Los Angeles." But no....... not Ms. G. The only throwbacks they've ever worn (that I'm aware of)were the gawd-awful uni's from the Cleveland era, circa 1937 about 2-3 years ago. (?)

If Georgia would do the right thing, she'd bring out the old blue and white uni's with the blue and white helmets and honor the days spent in LA.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

TekeRam is offline Registered User

First: gold pants or gold shirt(then you can have blue pants), nothing else.

Second, we need the defensive end because right now we need Carriker to start there. We need depth. The reason linebacker is not as much of a need is because Chillar was a restricted free agent last year, so is an unrestricted free agent this year. If we resign him, or upgrade in FA, it's not as big of an issue. If he walks, we need a starter, as Draft is a backup at this point.

itsguud is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    i dont think we need a lb at all i think we are set there and i think the d is acutaly a hybrid 3-4 3-3-5 with bartell coming up to play S/LB. Whatever it is its a crazy concoction out of the mind of haslet that just works
    I hear you all and understand your reasons for not going after a good LB. But especially when you look at the crazy formations and plays Haslett is using, I think a big hard-hitting LB, (Patrick-Willis, being ideal) would make our D absolutely ferocious. I am going on the assumption that Little still has some gas left in the tank, but still I think running LBs in from al over the place to hurry the QB is just as effective as a DE. But I like the 3-4 better then the 4-3 so I would!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast