Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Bing69
  • 1 Post By sosa39rams

Thread: The New Look Rams

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

The New Look Rams

I've got a few interesting things that I want to sure with you guys.

" A couple wrinkles: Rams used a 3-man defensive front w/Long, Brockers, and Quinn. KC called timeout, and Rams were back in 4-3 after timeout "

- Jim Thomas

Interesting. I like to see some different looks. Switch it up, confuse the offense, give them something they have yet to see from us. I can already see the brilliance behind the defense of Jeff Fisher and Gregg Williams, Blake Williams, and Dave McGinnis.

" Bradford is 13-of-18 (72.2 percent) for 159 yards, two touchdowns, and no interceptions. His yards-per-attempt average is a sterling 8.83. "

- Rotoworld

Those numbers are staggering, even if it is just pre-season. The craziest number is the 8.83 YPA. Many thought coming in this year was going to be a vanilla check down offense, yet Bradford has so far averaged the highest YPA of his career (6.0 in 2010, 6.1 in 2011).

Lets keep the good rolling in. LETS GO RAMS! Ride the confidence into the season!

THE DREAM TEAM

Bing69 is offline Registered User

Re: The New Look Rams

what happened to 'the sky is falling' sosa?
    TekeRam and Rammed like this.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bing69 View Post
    what happened to 'the sky is falling' sosa?
    Nothing.. I never thought the sky was falling.. Like I said, I wanted my team to come out, execute, hit someone in the chin, and outplay the opponents, and I didn't care if we lost by 30 again. Fortunantely, we dominated. Thats what I wanted, and I got it. Now, I am taking this with a grain of salt, but its definitely something to look forward to every week.
    Tampa_Ram likes this.

THE DREAM TEAM

TekeRam is offline Registered User

I find that choice of a 3 man front to be interesting to say the least, not knowing the situation. Were they in nickel, and playing a 3-3-5? Playing a 3-2-6 dime? Or were they in a 3-4? Since we have 4 LB who can play(Jlau, Dunbar, Haggans, McIntosh), I wouldn't be surprised about the latter.

In any case, why I thought that it was interesting was that Quinn was one of the 3 down linemen still. I would think that if we transformed to a 3-4 base, Quinn would be the joker and be the one to stand while Brockers took the nose and Langford and Long were the ends. The ever famous, deity-spawn that is Vernon Gholston used to do that role for Ohio State.
    I believe!

live4ramin is offline Registered User

"Those numbers are staggering, even if it is just pre-season. The craziest number is the 8.83 YPA. Many thought coming in this year was going to be a vanilla check down offense, yet Bradford has so far averaged the highest YPA of his career (6.0 in 2010, 6.1 in 2011)."

It is frustrating that Sam is dumping the ball off to recievers that are not on or over the first down marker. The dump off is there for him, but are not in a position to make the first down.

If our bread and butter is going to be dink and dunk then get the dinks right.
    Last edited by live4ramin; -08-19-2012 at 12:56 PM.
    I'm the guy that walks up after the argument's started.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I've got a few interesting things that I want to sure with you guys.

" A couple wrinkles: Rams used a 3-man defensive front w/Long, Brockers, and Quinn. KC called timeout, and Rams were back in 4-3 after timeout "

- Jim Thomas

Interesting. I like to see some different looks. Switch it up, confuse the offense, give them something they have yet to see from us. I can already see the brilliance behind the defense of Jeff Fisher and Gregg Williams, Blake Williams, and Dave McGinnis.

" Bradford is 13-of-18 (72.2 percent) for 159 yards, two touchdowns, and no interceptions. His yards-per-attempt average is a sterling 8.83. "

- Rotoworld

Those numbers are staggering, even if it is just pre-season. The craziest number is the 8.83 YPA. Many thought coming in this year was going to be a vanilla check down offense, yet Bradford has so far averaged the highest YPA of his career (6.0 in 2010, 6.1 in 2011).

Lets keep the good rolling in. LETS GO RAMS! Ride the confidence into the season!
    I wouldn't get to high on this stuff. The Defense was not that good. The turnovers really helped them otherwise they struggled a bit to get off the field.

Bradford's YPA was only 6.3 at indy. So the average really came up this week against a kc defense that came out very flat. Also, he had more time in the pocket this week. A product of better line play or a flat kc defense?

The fact that he hasn't thrown any picks is a real positive along with the completion percentage.