Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    shower beers is offline Registered User

New nike unis floating around the net--Rams go back to blue & white helmets

Sorry for the rather large image! Apparently Nike has leaked all 32 new uniform designs for 2012, and some of them are...hideous. We're one of the fortunate teams I think.

*** Disclaimer: This is unofficial at this point and may not even be real ***

The link I was viewing is now down, but I'm sure you can poke around the internet and find the rest!

What do you guys think?

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: New nike unis floating around the net--Rams go back to blue & white helmets

That looks like a uniform of a WAC Conference or CFL team.

I don't buy that the Rams will be wearing that.

Varg6 is online now Registered User

They are all pretty hideous, The Rams' one isn't bad but why do they have to mess around with anything?

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

The scary part of the uniforms is apparently they only fit a black persons' head and a white persons' body.

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

my opinion? Don't mess with the Horns! if they screw with the helmet it'll be a travesty. as for the uni, ya it looks very generic. more like a practice uni than a game jersey.

i don't see any allure to this approach. and if i'm not alone, nfl makes too much money on jersey sales... so i doubt they let junk like this get fielded.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Honestly, I really believe about 90% of these new college and pro Nike uniforms are some of the ugliest things I've ever seen.

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctious View Post
    The scary part of the uniforms is apparently they only fit a black persons' head and a white persons' body.
    wow if people weren't sleeping in my house right now, i'd be hooting and hollering. nice catch haha

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Honestly, I really believe about 90% of these new college and pro Nike uniforms are some of the ugliest things I've ever seen.
    Agreed. I think some of the Pats and Chiefs players will be demanding trades if they have to wear these!

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

This story is all over the place and I haven't read one positive response to the 2012 Nike uniforms. IMO they are rediculous looking.

Regardless, there is no way NIke can come storming in and have the final say on NFL uniforms, no way. They can present their ideas, but that doesn't mean NFL ownership has to accept them. The NFL is a pretty conservative group and I'd be absolutely shocked if there are any major changes dictated by Nike.

cfh128 is offline Registered User

I think if these were our uniforms, we would have the ugliest uniforms in the NFL. These are beyond atrocious.

Quote Originally Posted by cfh128 View Post
    I think if these were our uniforms, we would have the ugliest uniforms in the NFL. These are beyond atrocious.
    I wouldn't be so sure.

Sammy Ocho Bradford is offline Registered User

Things like this have to grow on people, I'm not sure opposition to this would be as high either, if Nike does a significant change to uniforms it will mean everyone will buy that new merchandise, which the NFL would love.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    This story is all over the place and I haven't read one positive response to the 2012 Nike uniforms. IMO they are rediculous looking.

Regardless, there is no way NIke can come storming in and have the final say on NFL uniforms, no way. They can present their ideas, but that doesn't mean NFL ownership has to accept them. The NFL is a pretty conservative group and I'd be absolutely shocked if there are any major changes dictated by Nike.
    Exactly. Nike can make suggestions, but they don't have the right to dictate what a teams uniform will look like. Each team decides when to change the look of their uniforms, what to change it to, and they ask the league for approval. I think Nike did this hoping a team would like it and ask the league to approve it for their team. I think they struck out on this one though.

Truth is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure.

I think I just threw up a bit in my mouth.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I don't like the uniform but I do like the thought of going back back back to Blue & White or White and Blue.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast