Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    QUINNtessentialTruth is offline Registered User

Re: New nike unis floating around the net--Rams go back to blue & white helmets

I am not a big fan of the navy blue and gold at all. I am completely fine with going wayyyy old school. I love the blue and white.

BrokenWing is online now Registered User

Said it before and will say it again...

Not sure what's to like about the blue and white. Maybe it's because I'm not a fan of those two colors, or their being combined, but it seems exceptionally generic. I can think of quite a few teams with lots of white and blue.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

No.. just no. It's a personal opinion but if it were, I'd like to keep the color scheme but with the sleeves similar to the throwback design with maybe some fancier detail. As much as I want royal blue and mustard yellow back, they wouldn't look good on those Nike designs.
    I've read some articles on these uniforms with some viewing it as a hoax here

Dan Kolko,
    November 19, 2010 3:26 PM

Starting in 2012, Nike will replace Reebok as the league's official uniform provider.

We've seen how Nike has put a wacky spin on Oregon's football uniforms, and their funky looking NCAA Pro Combat unis, released this year, got a mixed reaction from college football fans.

Personally, I kinda liked 'em, but that's just me.

Nike has promised to dramatically redesign the current NFL uniforms, so when a so-called "leaked" Nike NFL uniform design hit the internet today, some believed that to be how the unis would look come 2012.

Turns out, that uniform design was a hoax.

According to an NFL spokesman, the uniform mock-ups did not come from the league or Nike.
    Where they actually did come from is anyone's guess, but the league is claiming that the designs are fakes.

You can see the Ravens' (fake) uni at right. I actually didn't mind it too much, although I think it would've looked sharper if the pants and helmet had been black.

I kinda like the white helmet, but the white pants just look weird to me with the black and purple jersey.

I guess it doesn't really matter what I think or how these images look, however, because these uniforms aren't real.

But hey, at least it gave us something to talk about for part of a Friday afternoon.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Those wont fly just on the size of the numbers alone. Also, the league requires socks up into the pants. Finally, Nike does not have the helmet contract.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GolfnRAMFAN is offline Registered User

Everybody should look at the Bengals design. That one got me to laugh out loud, for a while. As for ours...ehh, at least its not the bengals.

Keenum is offline Registered User

If it's not a hoax, I would be willing to bet that these uniforms were "leaked" by Nike itself in order to gauge the reaction from the fans. Then if they get a bad reception they will say it's a hoax and start over.

And so far it would appear most people don't approve of the change. I think it's because it's such a dramatic change for several teams... if they were to just make some subtle changes I would think it'll go over much better.

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctious View Post
    The scary part of the uniforms is apparently they only fit a black persons' head and a white persons' body.
    LMAO I noticed that too! Ol' Leonard Little with Danny Amendola's body lookin a**!

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: New Nike unis floating around the net--Rams go back to blue & white helmets

Quote Originally Posted by LARAM0 View Post
    I don't like the uniform but I do like the thought of going back back back to Blue & White or White and Blue.
    Exactly! ¡Sí señor!

All this change and design is fine on many matters (architecture, art, fashion, science & technology) ... but as KoaKoi said, "Don't mess with the horns". We're talking NFL culture and tradition here. There's just too much nonsense going on and too often with the sports uniforms these days in, college and pro. This bu$ine$$ is getting out of hand, it is $illy!

Stick with a fan-approved uniform, for crying out loud! Go to throwbacks once in a while (but not when leather helmets were used, those colors just don't go with modern gear in football). Establish and renew image character but don't go on changing uniforms every game. At this rate teams will be donning a different uni after half time -- just to make it "different" again!

L.A. is right. Those terrific Warrior White & Royal Blue or, Anaheim to STL 1999 - 2001 GSOT era.

Hence ... Nike, heed this!

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Click on image to enlarge. Mason, a very fine Ram RB.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New nike unis floating around the net--Rams go back to blue & white helmets-1-carneros-t.-mason.jpg  
    Last edited by RealRam; -11-19-2010 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Format

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User
    The company doesn't control the style or design of uni. Only the type of jersey.

Team controls design of uni's people. Nothing to worry about here.
    Last edited by Nick; -11-20-2010 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Merging back to back posts

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

I can confirm these are hoaxes. I post on the forum where they were originally posted, and these were "concepts" made by a fan of the NFL, not Nike.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    I can confirm these are hoaxes. I post on the forum where they were originally posted, and these were "concepts" made by a fan of the NFL, not Nike.
    Good. Just in case though, images above are to burn deep in the mind of any "designer".

Bing69 is offline Registered User

Looks like a uniform someone made in the game Backbreaker!lol.

Am i the only one who kinda likes them? Kinda funky

TylerBishop is offline Registered User

I really like them

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Not too keen on these uniforms period. There a little over the top in my opinion.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    L.A. is right. Those terrific Warrior White & Royal Blue or, Anaheim to STL 1999 - 2001 GSOT era.
    Hoax or not, the blue and white helmet does look pretty sharp, but the rest of the uniform is just too busy. It reminds me of the kind of thing that you see in a show set in the future when writers try to imagine how styles will have changed by then.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast