Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: New Outdoor Stadium by 2015 ?

Quote Originally Posted by RAMMAN68 View Post
    An outdoor stadium with a retactible roof, like Houston has, would be great.
    I couldn't agree more. I travel to St Louis at least once a year to see the RAMS play knowing that weather won't be a factor. If they had an outdoor stadium without a retractable roof not so sure I would make the annual trip. Call me a fair "WEATHER" fan but believe me it's only the weather.

:l

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I'm the idea man, not the designer....

What I was talking about was something with neo-classic lines, like a "Grand Entrance" with huge marble columns, something that would make the people say "WOW!" as they walk in, with some elements of art-deco influence like the lines of the Chrysler building. Modern, yet awe-inspiring. Let me see if I can 'photo-hack' a quick sketch...

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestShow99 View Post
    Every city has its fair share of "so-called fans". Yes, even the great NFL city Green Bay, Wisconsin. This isn't new. I'm against domes, BTW. Football is meant to be played outdoors.
    I respect your dome opinion, but if I'm dropping the money it cost to attend a game I don't want 50mph winds blowing the ball all over,I don't want to sit in a driving rainstorm and I am really not in favor of looking over snowbanks to see the field.I want to see a good football game played in good conditions and may the best team win on that day and not have the outcome dictated by the weather.if you play in a 4 season part of the country than a retractable roof is the way to go,if the weather is good then you leave it open,very simple concept.

itsguud is offline Registered User

I think the biggest problem with out-door stadiums is rain, theres nothing worse then sitting sogged in a seat to watch a game for four hours, while it conitinuously poors on you and the fan in front you you blocks your view with an umbrella.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Here's what I had in mind. The Arch would have to be directly behind the main entrance for effect. The arch on the dome itself pays homage to the original '95 logo of the Rams, while the red brick exterior exemplifies the strength of the team, as well as how all the individual pieces fit together to accomplish one goal, making a solid structure from individual parts. The huge marble columns are the 'awe' factor. The fountains to each side would be engraved with the names of the players of the original Rams and Cardinals teams (can't forget the history of the Cards...it is St. Louis). The two large trees out front would have to be of a type that grows to 70-100 feet at maturity, which is what I intended the picture to show. Between the columns and doors would be busts of the 'greats', i.e., Waterfield, Faulk, Dickerson, etc. Of course, the dome's arch would have to be made of stainless steel, to match the Arch. The marble in the columns would be Carthage Marble, from SW Missouri (the same stuff the Capital in Jefferson City is made from). The inside of the dome would also be adorned with architectural touches of stainless steel, marble, and brick. The seating would be done in the same shade of blue as the '60's Rams uniforms (from the blue and white era).
    The dome roof would be set on the same arc as the dome's arch. When recessed, the two halves would retact to the sides of the building, where twin coutyards would be built between the retraction points and the building walls. In addition, the cieling would have a 'Fremont Street Experience' type light show. (For those not familiar with the reference....that's the blocks-long canopy in Las Vegas that has the kick-butt light shows every night...) This could be used to augment the supersize HDTV displays...imagine seeing an instant replay of a TD on THAT!
    The turf would be able to be covered by a retractable cover that rolls up under the seats at the endzones.

OK, so I'm dreaming...but it'd be cool.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Outdoor Stadium by 2015 ?-stadiumcopy.jpg  

theodus69 is offline Registered User

That's why you bring them back to L.A. to a new stadium, Which I think the I.E. would be the perfect fit! Right by the Fontana 500. Easy access and a ton of fans! the Rams belong in L.A.!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by theodus69; -07-01-2007 at 02:25 PM.
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by theodus69 View Post
    That's why you bring them back to L.A. to a new stadium, Which I think the I.E. would be the perfect fit! Right by the Fontana 500. Easy access and a ton of fans! the Rams belong in L.A.!!!!!!!!
    You can take back the Raiders if you want? But we plan on keeping our Rams.

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

One thing an outdoor stadium might do is drive away some of the corporate seat holders that have the prime lower seats that they don't use.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    Stan is part owner of the Rams. He also owns the Denver Nuggets, and the Colorado Avalanche. Here is the wiki info on Stan for you Varg.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E._Stanley_Kroenke
    thank you...that is quite interesting.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    thank you...that is quite interesting.
    I met Stan Kroenke in 2002 and I didn't really know who he was at the time. Naturally, I researched who he was and I was disappointed in myself later for not knowing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    I met Stan Kroenke in 2002 and I didn't really know who he was at the time. Naturally, I researched who he was and I was disappointed in myself later for not knowing.
    Alpha, where did you meet him and was he a nice guy, he seems to be pretty cool in the few interviews that i have seen.

PHAT-MONEY Guest

i think it would effect our players, we are so used to playing in a dome and it would be like playing away games all season, besides the ED is only 12 years old. 1995-2007. i think.. anyway you see stadiums like lambeau field and the black hole (raider stadium) been around for like 70 years, and still arent even talking about a new stadium. I love the ED and i want to continue playing in it.
    Last edited by PHAT-MONEY; -07-02-2007 at 09:15 AM. Reason: MY Bad i had a typo.

Quote Originally Posted by PHAT-MONEY View Post
    i think it would effect our players, we are so used to playing in a dome and it would be like playing away games all season, besides the ED is only 17 years old. 1995-2007. i think.. anyway you see stadiums like lambeau field and the black hole (raider stadium) been around for like 70 years, and still arent even talking about a new stadium. I love the ED and i want to continue playing in it.
    it would be a whole different team by then, but since this team is built for a dome, they would have to take that into consideration draft wise 4 to 5 years from now if it should happen.I agree with you PHAT,I love the dome and think it's just fine.

GreatestShow99 is offline Registered User

The County Coliseum (Oakland) was built in 1966. I think they're the last of the cookie cutter stadiums built in the '60's.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    Again, sorry if I am being incredibly ignorant, but I can see a guy like him wanting to win more and do more things for the team than Georgia Frontiere. I'm not sure if she's the greatest and from what I hear with all the jokes on this board about her from BRM I can assume she's not so great lol. So, when this guy becomes the owner of the team, it'll be really interesting to see what direction this team goes in. Does a new owner make that much a of a difference? Or a GM?

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast