Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    LaRamsFanLongTime is offline Registered User

Re: New Outdoor Stadium by 2015 ?

I dont know if Georgia is that big of a factor anymore anyways. It sounds like she is just a figurehead. She sure as hell though ruined the LA Rams to get what she wanted. One day of amnesty from the lord and the law and she might make the list. Im kidding I think.

LET'S GO DODGERS

prof22693 is offline Registered User

Football is meant to be outside and is much better than a dome. They should design the stadium to make fans sound louder like the Seahawks. I go to Skins games all the time here, FedEx Field is really nice but then again Dan Snyder is so overpriced. But I do like the idea of an outdoor stadium. It should probably be a retractable dome. If we can make an outdoor stadium that amplifies the sound because of design, that would be awsome.

Bud Light Guy is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    You think attendance and the home crowd is bad now, just wait til they play outdoors and it's 30 degrees outside...
    Tell that to people at Arrowhead in December, or Green Bay for that matter.

"Football fans" will go to the games regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by theodus69 View Post
    That's why you bring them back to L.A. to a new stadium, Which I think the I.E. would be the perfect fit! Right by the Fontana 500. Easy access and a ton of fans! the Rams belong in L.A.!!!!!!!!
    LA has proven multiple times that they can't support a pro football team. Which is crazy considering LA is the biggest sports market, or one of them, in the country. Just says a lot for the fans that live there.

Quote Originally Posted by prof22693 View Post
    Football is meant to be outside and is much better than a dome. They should design the stadium to make fans sound louder like the Seahawks. I go to Skins games all the time here, FedEx Field is really nice but then again Dan Snyder is so overpriced. But I do like the idea of an outdoor stadium. It should probably be a retractable dome. If we can make an outdoor stadium that amplifies the sound because of design, that would be awsome.
    I'm gonna go on the record and say that Arrowhead, (not Seattle) is the loudest stadium in the NFL. "12th" man is retarded.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by itsguud View Post
    I think the biggest problem with out-door stadiums is rain, theres nothing worse then sitting sogged in a seat to watch a game for four hours, while it conitinuously poors on you and the fan in front you you blocks your view with an umbrella.
    It doesn't end with just blocking your view, it's when the person shifts position and tilts the umbrella releasing a small avalanche of water directly into your lap that I particularly dislike ...

I can just tell by the people on this board that home attendence will be low if the new stadium doesn't have a roof on it.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Light Guy View Post
    LA has proven multiple times that they can't support a pro football team. Which is crazy considering LA is the biggest sports market, or one of them, in the country. Just says a lot for the fans that live there.
    I have no desire to see the Rams return to LA, however, in fairness to LA, when Carroll Rosenbloom owned the team, attendance was very good. After his death Georgia took over and began selling off our better players (several to the hated whiners). This turn of events had a deleterious effect on attendance. How many of you remember Ram fans waving signs in front of tv cameras during games saying: "Georgia ... PLEASE SELL THE TEAM !!!!!!!!!"

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

And apparently there aren't many of those "football fans" in STL, cause it's far, far to quiet during home games. Maybe if the made it an outdoor stadium and lowered the prices a bit more real fans would come...who knows...

GreatestShow99 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    And apparently there aren't many of those "football fans" in STL, cause it's far, far to quiet during home games. Maybe if the made it an outdoor stadium and lowered the prices a bit more real fans would come...who knows...

Anaheim fans sure were the bestest fans in the world. Too bad they didn't show this kind of emotion 13 years ago..

I'm gonna go on the record and say that Arrowhead, (not Seattle) is the loudest stadium in the NFL. "12th" man is retarded.
    Arrowhead is the loudest and toughest, what I was trying to say was the way they designed the Seahawks' stadium is pretty cool and that it amplifies the sound.

Agreement there, just what I was gonna say. Not to mention Bears fans that go to the game when its freeeezing with 40-50 mph wind gusts in the snow.

general counsel is offline Registered User

arrowhead may be louder on a week to week basis win or lose, but there has NEVER been a louder stadium anywhere than the rams nfc title games at home, or for that matter the carolina playoff game at home that we lost. Those home games were pure bedlam and the opponents simply couldnt hear at all. Peak for peak, when winning, the Ed is the loudest stadium in the league. Of course, that isnt sustainable when we arent winning since we have nowhere near the long term generation to generation loyalty of the fans in kc, green bay, ny giants, eagles etc.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    arrowhead may be louder on a week to week basis win or lose, but there has NEVER been a louder stadium anywhere than the rams nfc title games at home, or for that matter the carolina playoff game at home that we lost. Those home games were pure bedlam and the opponents simply couldnt hear at all. Peak for peak, when winning, the Ed is the loudest stadium in the league. Of course, that isnt sustainable when we arent winning since we have nowhere near the long term generation to generation loyalty of the fans in kc, green bay, ny giants, eagles etc.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    too true. we've had a lot of fans give up. the monday night game against the bears was mostly BEARS fans. thats pathetic

GreatestShow99 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    arrowhead may be louder on a week to week basis win or lose, but there has NEVER been a louder stadium anywhere than the rams nfc title games at home, or for that matter the carolina playoff game at home that we lost. Those home games were pure bedlam and the opponents simply couldnt hear at all. Peak for peak, when winning, the Ed is the loudest stadium in the league. [B]Of course, that isnt sustainable when we arent winning since we have nowhere near the long term generation to generation loyalty of the fans in kc, green bay, ny giants, eagles etc.
    [B/]
    ramming speed to all

general counsel
    Exactly. The Rams don't have that history here yet. Give it time, it'll change.

Country is offline Registered User

Football belongs outdoors. Always has been. Let the teams in the AFL play indoors.
    I agree I hate watching games in the Dome on T.V.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast