Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Bud Light Guy is offline Registered User

Re: New Outdoor Stadium by 2015 ?

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    I have no desire to see the Rams return to LA, however, in fairness to LA, when Carroll Rosenbloom owned the team, attendance was very good. After his death Georgia took over and began selling off our better players (several to the hated whiners). This turn of events had a deleterious effect on attendance. How many of you remember Ram fans waving signs in front of tv cameras during games saying: "Georgia ... PLEASE SELL THE TEAM !!!!!!!!!"
    I'm also talking about the Raiders as well. LA is not a town for football for whatever reason I dont know.

Quote Originally Posted by prof22693 View Post
    Arrowhead is the loudest and toughest, what I was trying to say was the way they designed the Seahawks' stadium is pretty cool and that it amplifies the sound.

Agreement there, just what I was gonna say. Not to mention Bears fans that go to the game when its freeeezing with 40-50 mph wind gusts in the snow.
    "Bowl" shaped like stadiums will do that. Seattle actually could have more people in it and could be louder but the way it's designed it cuts down the number of people they could possibly house in there.

Chicago weather in DEC sucks. That wind coming off of Lake Mich really sucks. My grandma has had season tix to the Bears ever since Halas was coach a long time ago, and I've been to many games in DEC simply because my grandma will give them to me because she doesnt wanna sit in the cold anymore because shes too old for that which I don't blame her, so me and a buddy will go up there for a couple games a year. I really like the old soldier field better than that crappy ass spaceship that landed in between the columns (what they have now).

I've been to many Bears/Packers and Chiefs/Broncos games. Rivalries like that reall make the atmosphere at the game really fun and exciting.
    Last edited by Bud Light Guy; -07-02-2007 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestShow99 View Post
    Exactly. The Rams don't have that history here yet. Give it time, it'll change.
    I still love the fact that you're guy still hasn't scored yet.

GreatestShow99 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Light Guy View Post
    I still love the fact that you're guy still hasn't scored yet.
    :l:r

LaRamsFanLongTime is offline Registered User

I'm also talking about the Raiders as well. LA is not a town for football for whatever reason I dont know.
    Raiders fans love them or want to deport them all to a Raider Island are a pretty loyal bunch. There merchandise is always a top seller. Al Davis just was and is an a-hole. Think about when they play the Chargers half the stadium or more is Raiders fans.

L.A is a football town that got jacked by two greedy arrogant owners that had their own agenda. One of them I beleive to be a murdering wench that should be in Prison. There is alot of die hard fans here.

St Louis is far less of a football town then L.A if you ask me and they have a team. When I was hooting and hollering at the Rams and Saints games people were looking at me like I was nuts. I had only one beer and was suffering a little from a Jakes Steaks prime rib and Guiness Hangover so how obnoxious could I have been? The Rams barely start to slip in St Louis and the fans start jumping. I mean cmon the players noticed last year that the fans had abandoned them, 8-8 or not they were right on the cusp of making the playoffs last year. Could you ever imagine the cubs having more fans at a Cardinals home game then the Cards???

I do beleive that the Rams should stay in St Louis though. That is where the glory returned and yes that dome at one time was the loudest in pro football. Opposing teams said it was one of the best home crowds they had ever witnessed. I just hope that the stadium returns to that level and the fans stay a little more loyal during rocky patches. I do not see an owner from Colorado moving the team though I mean they already have the Broncos talk about die hards.
    Last edited by LaRamsFanLongTime; -07-03-2007 at 05:18 AM.
    LET'S GO DODGERS

Quote Originally Posted by LaRamsFanLongTime View Post
    Raiders fans love them or want to deport them all to a Raider Island are a pretty loyal bunch. There merchandise is always a top seller. Al Davis just was and is an a-hole. Think about when they play the Chargers half the stadium or more is Raiders fans.

L.A is a football town that got jacked by two greedy arrogant owners that had their own agenda. One of them I beleive to be a murdering wench that should be in Prison. There is alot of die hard fans here.

St Louis is far less of a football town then L.A if you ask me and they have a team. When I was hooting and hollering at the Rams and Saints games people were looking at me like I was nuts. I had only one beer and was suffering a little from a Jakes Steaks prime rib and Guiness Hangover so how obnoxious could I have been? The Rams barely start to slip in St Louis and the fans start jumping. I mean cmon the players noticed last year that the fans had abandoned them, 8-8 or not they were right on the cusp of making the playoffs last year. Could you ever imagine the cubs having more fans at a Cardinals home game then the Cards???

I do beleive that the Rams should stay in St Louis though. That is where the glory returned and yes that dome at one time was the loudest in pro football. Opposing teams said it was one of the best home crowds they had ever witnessed. I just hope that the stadium returns to that level and the fans stay a little more loyal during rocky patches. I do not see an owner from Colorado moving the team though I mean they already have the Broncos talk about die hards.
    Chargers have the worst fan base in the NFL next to the Buffalo Bills

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Chargers have the worst fan base in the NFL next to the Buffalo Bills
    I can't speak about New York fans in Buffalo, but I think you're way off base on the Charger fan base thing. Maybe the Bud light is gettin' to you fella.... it would me. Calling that sewage water beer is like calling St. Louis a football town.

The LA vs. St. Louis debate is always based on what the fans where doing at the time of the move. Georgia created that mess. Make no mistake about that. When the Rams were in Los Angeles, they were THE BIGGEST game in town. They were bigger then the Dodgers and bigger than the Lakers. The fans were as good as any in the league. Don't let the east-coast we-know-everything-about-football bias try to tell you otherwise. I was there.

I say, let's move the Rams back to Los Angeles and move the Raiders to St. Louis. That way, Misery gets a football team and an indoor arena that will directly compete with the Chiefs, and the Rams come home to big crowds and great weather, played OUTDOORS.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

THEFIELDGOAL is offline Registered User

Bottomline is that a new stadium is great and all. But given the spoiled climate of a dome environment. The true environment might not sit well with the average fan. The diehards will love the true feel of the game on grass and mother natures sun beams. But the Dome has been the trademark of the Rams since there arrival to the city.
    It has become a league wide presence and it is the St Louis image.
    Given the weather climates in the winter months, I think a retractable roof would be
    in the financial long term goals of the team concerning revenue and keeping all fans interested in the atmosphere of the NFL landscape. We as fans have never experienced the rigid cold of Lambeau or the extreme New England ice.
    Anaheim and Dome life have been good for all these years.
    So i would go with the retractable roof mindset.
    THE FIELD GOAL

[quote=RAMFANRAIDERHATER;177875]When the Rams were in Los Angeles, they were THE BIGGEST game in town. They were bigger then the Dodgers and bigger than the Lakers.ote]

Uhhhh that is definetly not true......at all.

Quote Originally Posted by THEFIELDGOAL View Post
    Bottomline is that a new stadium is great and all. But given the spoiled climate of a dome environment. The true environment might not sit well with the average fan. The diehards will love the true feel of the game on grass and mother natures sun beams. But the Dome has been the trademark of the Rams since there arrival to the city.
    It has become a league wide presence and it is the St Louis image.
    Given the weather climates in the winter months, I think a retractable roof would be
    in the financial long term goals of the team concerning revenue and keeping all fans interested in the atmosphere of the NFL landscape. We as fans have never experienced the rigid cold of Lambeau or the extreme New England ice.
    Anaheim and Dome life have been good for all these years.
    So i would go with the retractable roof mindset.
    Alot of the fans in STL are wimps. Why would anyone want to have a roof?!?!?! Football is supposed to be played OUTDOORS!!!!!!, period. During the KC game last season, many people were just talking on their cell phones and just going on with their merry way and not paying attention to the game while Chiefs fans were taking over the house so much that STL Olinemen were making false starts (cough,,,,,Barron,,,,,cough) because of the noise KC fans made while they were on defense. Many STL players after the game called it a disgrace and said that it seemed like it was an away game.

To be honest I dont care what kinda fan you are that is the worst slam that a city can have when it comes to a team's fanbase.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Roadster, Hardtop, or convertible.

If everyone were to think about it, the convertible would be the best way to go.

Open roof for the majority of games. Closed roof for the times there is extreme weather, as well as for other functions.

Some of the posts seem to ask "Why a dome?" Well, being from the area, I can tell you. Saint Louis is in an area where the weather is unpredictable. In the old Busch Stadium, it wasn't that uncommon for the temperatures on the field to reach over 120 degrees, even into October. In January, it's possible to be at 20 below. 140+ degrees of difference during the football season. Add the possibility of ice storms dropping 5 inches of ice (similar to what Springfield had last January), severe thunderstorms dropping softball-sized hailstones, as well as the "St. Louis Air", and a dome DOES make sense. However, the majority of game days wouldn't have such extremes, making an open stadium desirable. The retractable roof would be the best compromise.

As for moving the team to California...WHY? Rams fans are scattered all across the world, with the majority being in the US. St. Louis is in a central location, meaning more fans can actually make it to the games. I know, you California fans feel slighted...just like Brooklyn did when the Dodgers moved west. Look at it this way...the east had the Rams for a few years, then LA had the Rams for a long time. It's OUR turn now. When our turn is over in 25 years, then it's Scotland's turn. I hear Dez has been begging for almost 20 years for the team to move to Edinburgh.

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mikhal5569 View Post
    You can take back the Raiders if you want? But we plan on keeping our Rams.
    Well, that might not happen. Rams will move where the money is and if the market is still open in L.A., you can bet the Rams will be on the move! At least you got a S.B. out of them there. And you will have them for another 8 yrs.
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

[QUOTE=Bud Light Guy;177895]
    Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    When the Rams were in Los Angeles, they were THE BIGGEST game in town. They were bigger then the Dodgers and bigger than the Lakers.ote]

Uhhhh that is definetly not true......at all.
    It's a fact, without question. I'm talking about the late 50's and 60's, and even into the 70's. Ram fans were without a doubt, fanatics. The Lakers and the NBA were nothing compared to football in LA. The Dodger fanbase was growing, but not nearly as fanatical as the Ram fans. If it's not true, why are there still so many Ram fans in the LA/OC area? I went to the Charger game in SD last year, and I think that about 30% of the fans were Ram fans. ...and the Rams have been gone for over a decade.

We can agree to disagree but I know what I saw and experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    As for moving the team to California...WHY? Rams fans are scattered all across the world, with the majority being in the US. St. Louis is in a central location, meaning more fans can actually make it to the games. I know, you California fans feel slighted...just like Brooklyn did when the Dodgers moved west. Look at it this way...the east had the Rams for a few years, then LA had the Rams for a long time. It's OUR turn now. When our turn is over in 25 years, then it's Scotland's turn. I hear Dez has been begging for almost 20 years for the team to move to Edinburgh.
    Whenever I mention a move back to LA/OC, I'm doing it tongue-in-cheek, or course. I know the Rams will never return home. It would be an admittance to failure and a bad business decision, something Ms. Frontandreary would never admit to, true or not. But is Cleveland considered "east"? I always thought of Cleveland as more mid-west.

Well, anyway, when you're done with them, please return them to us. Thank you.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Alot of the fans in STL are wimps. Why would anyone want to have a roof?!?!?! Football is supposed to be played OUTDOORS!!!!!!, period. During the KC game last season, many people were just talking on their cell phones and just going on with their merry way and not paying attention to the game while Chiefs fans were taking over the house so much that STL Olinemen were making false starts (cough,,,,,Barron,,,,,cough) because of the noise KC fans made while they were on defense. Many STL players after the game called it a disgrace and said that it seemed like it was an away game.

To be honest I dont care what kinda fan you are that is the worst slam that a city can have when it comes to a team's fanbase.
    Who says football is supposed to be played outdoors? YOU,it's 2007 and retractable roof stadiums are the way most teams will be going from now on ,it makes sense,weather will not decide a game and as far as the St. Louis players go,the disgrace was the way they were playing not the way the fans acted.you should be at a Giants game when they are playing badly,the fans are nuts they threaten players throw things at them and at the very least flip them the bird,and if your rooting for the other team make sure you bring friends,you will need them.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast