Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    BigDaddyPace is offline Registered User

Re: New Outdoor Stadium by 2015 ?

Quote Originally Posted by theodus69 View Post
    Well, that might not happen. Rams will move where the money is and if the market is still open in L.A., you can bet the Rams will be on the move! At least you got a S.B. out of them there. And you will have them for another 8 yrs.
    On what basis can you possibly think that the Rams would ever move back to a place were that made them practice at a High School. Face it buddy, the Rams are staying in St. Louis. They just ended a 10 year run of sell outs on a game where STL still put 63000 fans in the seats. The Rams have received more support in STL then any other city prior.

As far as STL not being a "football" town, what kind of town is it? People allways point to the Cards and say it is a baseball town. But if you look beneath the surface, you'll see that know one in STL really cares about any other team or about baseball in general . High School football in St. Louis is king among HS sports (not baseball), right next to basketball.

Are the Cards the cities favorite team? Of course, they've been here since 1892, have 10 Championships, and here owned by the cities's biggest company. But other than them, no one cares about baseball in STL. They just care about the Cardinals. What about the Blues. Blues fans are some of the most rabid fans in the NHL. Is it a hockey town? What about the fact that St. Louis HS soccor consistantly puts teams into the USA Todays HS Top 50. Is it a soccor town?

The answer is that St. Louis is a SPORTS TOWN. Period. Beleive me. I'm from St.Louis. My family is a big time FOOTBALL FAMILY. My dad had season tickets for 20 years to the Big Red. My brother played college football, my other brother is a HS football coach, and I played HS football and am die hard Rams fan.

So don't use the fact that we have one of the greatest baseball franchises in history against us die hard football fans in St. Louis, because there are plenty of us.

GreatestShow99 is offline Registered User

Big plus-plus, Pace. Many people don't realize that STL had 3 different NFL teams in a 37 year span. And, the Cardinals have been an institution since the 1870's when they were known as the Brown Stockings..
    Last edited by GreatestShow99; -07-04-2007 at 10:47 PM.

Bud Light Guy is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyPace View Post
    On what basis can you possibly think that the Rams would ever move back to a place were that made them practice at a High School. Face it buddy, the Rams are staying in St. Louis. They just ended a 10 year run of sell outs on a game where STL still put 63000 fans in the seats. The Rams have received more support in STL then any other city prior.

As far as STL not being a "football" town, what kind of town is it? People allways point to the Cards and say it is a baseball town. But if you look beneath the surface, you'll see that know one in STL really cares about any other team or about baseball in general . High School football in St. Louis is king among HS sports (not baseball), right next to basketball.

Are the Cards the cities favorite team? Of course, they've been here since 1892, have 10 Championships, and here owned by the cities's biggest company. But other than them, no one cares about baseball in STL. They just care about the Cardinals. What about the Blues. Blues fans are some of the most rabid fans in the NHL. Is it a hockey town? What about the fact that St. Louis HS soccor consistantly puts teams into the USA Todays HS Top 50. Is it a soccor town?

The answer is that St. Louis is a SPORTS TOWN. Period. Beleive me. I'm from St.Louis. My family is a big time FOOTBALL FAMILY. My dad had season tickets for 20 years to the Big Red. My brother played college football, my other brother is a HS football coach, and I played HS football and am die hard Rams fan.

So don't use the fact that we have one of the greatest baseball franchises in history against us die hard football fans in St. Louis, because there are plenty of us.
    What does HS sports have anything to do with this conversation? There's no relevance what so ever. STL HS football is weak anyways compared to Rockhurst, Blue Springs, and Jeff City.

St. Louis is a baseball town in general. It's always been that way, and it's probably not gonna ever change simply because of what you already posted:

"Are the Cards the cities favorite team? Of course, they've been here since 1892, have 10 Championships, and here owned by the cities's biggest company."

BigDaddyPace is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Light Guy View Post
    What does HS sports have anything to do with this conversation? There's no relevance what so ever. STL HS football is weak anyways compared to Rockhurst, Blue Springs, and Jeff City.

St. Louis is a baseball town in general. It's always been that way, and it's probably not gonna ever change simply because of what you already posted:

"Are the Cards the cities favorite team? Of course, they've been here since 1892, have 10 Championships, and here owned by the cities's biggest company."
    BL, when you call it a baseball town, that entails the entire sport, not just the pros. It has everything to do witht this conversation because poeple are calling STL a baseball town. WHAT DOES KC HS SPORTS HAVE TO DO WITH THIS? BTW, who won state in 05? Thanks, try again.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    And apparently there aren't many of those "football fans" in STL, cause it's far, far to quiet during home games. Maybe if the made it an outdoor stadium and lowered the prices a bit more real fans would come...who knows...
    Maybe an outdoor stadium would make everybody a little less comfortable, a little more edgy, a little more awake and a lot more into the games.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestShow99
    Anaheim fans sure were the bestest fans in the world. Too bad they didn't show this kind of emotion 13 years ago..
    Believe it or not, some of us did. I was a season ticket holder to the bitter, tragic end. I loved the Rams as much in 1994 as I did in 1999 and as I do in 2007.

helorm341 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    And apparently there aren't many of those "football fans" in STL, cause it's far, far to quiet during home games. Maybe if the made it an outdoor stadium and lowered the prices a bit more real fans would come...who knows...
    There was only one game last year (and since they've been in st. louis for that matter) where it wasn't absolutely packed in the Dome with Rams fan. There was alot of poeple there, but alot of Bears fans. But we had just got done loseing six out of sven. Don't tell me the Rams fans are only there when the Rams are winning either. My dad has had season tickets since they came into town and 95-98 were terrible years and the Dome was still packed. The fans are loud in there. They're also smart to, i.e. not cheering on offensive snaps. Maybe it just doesn't come across well on TV.
    Last edited by helorm341; -07-05-2007 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by helorm341 View Post
    There was only one game last year (and since they've been in st. louis for that matter) where it wasn't absolutely packed in the Dome with Rams fan. There was alot of poeple there, but alot of Bears fans. But we had just got done loseing six out of seven.
    I don't want to pile on St. Louis fans because IMO they have given the Rams absolutely great support at home and away since 1995, but....that Bears game was a national disgrace that should never be repeated. There is absolutely NO excuse for the Ram offense to have to go to a silent count in their own crib because Bears fans were making too much noise for them to hear the count. Inexcusable and extremely embarrassing. I have to think St. Louis fans have too much pride to ever let that occur again.

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Maybe an outdoor stadium would make everybody a little less comfortable, a little more edgy, a little more awake and a lot more into the games.

Believe it or not, some of us did. I was a season ticket holder to the bitter, tragic end. I loved the Rams as much in 1994 as I did in 1999 and as I do in 2007.
    Don't get me wrong, my intention wasn't to disparage every L.A. Rams fan. I just get the red ass when someone questions our loyalty to the NFL. We shouldn't be at war with one another, we're all Ram fans, and I will continue to be one if they (God forbid) move again. Too many memories to just throw away at the sight of a moving van.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestShow99 View Post
    We shouldn't be at war with one another, we're all Ram fans, and I will continue to be one if they (God forbid) move again. Too many memories to just throw away at the sight of a moving van.
    I couldn't agree more.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Originally Posted by BigDaddyPace
    Just to clarify some things... The Rams weren't "made to practice at a High School." They practiced at Cal State Fullerton and before that at Blair Field in Long Beach, home of Cal State Long Beach. (then) After Georgia had her husband killed and took over the team, they moved to an in-season training facility called "Rams Park", in Anaheim. Hardly high schools. It was the Raiders that practiced at a Jr. High School when they were in LA. (The practice facility was in El Segundo) I know, it was MY old Jr. High!

...and saying that STL supports the Rams more than any other city prior is plain old bullS**t. If STL is such a great football town, what happened to the Cardinals? Look, as I've said before, I'm pretty sure the Rams are never returning to LA/OC, but it gets real old when I hear the "LA can't support football", or, "LA/OC isn't a sports town." The Rams had sellouts until the 1991 season. Attendance would often exceed 70,000, and before the coliseium was modified and seating reduced to 72,000, we could get 80,000, 90,000, and even a game over 100,000 in attendance in LA. Yeah, we didn't support The Rams.

Want more? As another example, in Octoctor of 1988, on a Friday night the Lakers sold out. On the following Saturday USC had 74,000 at the Coliseum. UCLA had 66,000at the Rose Bowl on the same day. That Saturday night, the LA Kings sold out at the Forum and 58,000 were at Dodger Stadium to watch Kirk Gibson hit his HR in game one of the World Series. Then on Sunday, the Rams sold out as did Dodger stadium for game two and then that Sunday night the Lakers again sold out. How many other cities could do that?

JUST THE FACTS.

John Shaw first thought to break the Anaheim lease he would have to prove hardship.
    ...and how do you prove hardship? By having a low attendance. How do you get a low attendance? By having a piss poor team. How do you get a piss poor team? By not being very active in plan b players. That is why the decline from being 45 minutes from being in the Super Bowl in 1989 to just 2 years later swimming with one of the worst teams in the NFL. While the Whiners reloaded in Plan B players, we started losing key players to plan B. So when I hear "There were more **** fans at the big A than Ram fans". That may have been true, FOR ONE or TWO YEARS. ...in the end. The Rams announced they were moving from Anahiem and it was the 5th season in a row of just winning an average of 5 games. But the final years are what others use as ammo when talking about us as fans. You say the Rams just completed a 10-yer run of sellouts. Well, you failed to mention that in 1998 the last two RAM home games in St. Louis had 17,000 no-shows. WITH PAID TICKETS. But the RAM FAITHFUL in STL decided to stay home. By your definition, it's obvious that St. Louis can't support their team. Anyway, enjoy them while you have them, you never know when it's going to end. But if they leave, I'm sure you'll continue to be a faithful Ram fan as many of the old LA fans have been.
    Last edited by RAMFANRAIDERHATER; -07-05-2007 at 06:15 PM.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    Originally Posted by BigDaddyPace

Just to clarify some things... The Rams weren't "made to practice at a High School." They practiced at Cal State Fullerton and before that at Blair Field in Long Beach, home of Cal State Long Beach. (then) After Georgia had her husband killed and took over the team, they moved to an in-season training facility called "Rams Park", in Anaheim. Hardly high schools. It was the Raiders that practiced at a Jr. High School when they were in LA. (The practice facility was in El Segundo) I know, it was MY old Jr. High!

...and saying that STL supports the Rams more than any other city prior is plain old bullS**t. If STL is such a great football town, what happened to the Cardinals? Look, as I've said before, I'm pretty sure the Rams are never returning to LA/OC, but it gets real old when I hear the "LA can't support football", or, "LA/OC isn't a sports town." The Rams had sellouts until the 1991 season. Attendance would often exceed 70,000, and before the coliseium was modified and seating reduced to 72,000, we could get 80,000, 90,000, and even a game over 100,000 in attendance in LA. Yeah, we didn't support The Rams.

Want more? As another example, in Octoctor of 1988, on a Friday night the Lakers sold out. On the following Saturday USC had 74,000 at the Coliseum. UCLA had 66,000at the Rose Bowl on the same day. That Saturday night, the LA Kings sold out at the Forum and 58,000 were at Dodger Stadium to watch Kirk Gibson hit his HR in game one of the World Series. Then on Sunday, the Rams sold out as did Dodger stadium for game two and then that Sunday night the Lakers again sold out. How many other cities could do that?

JUST THE FACTS.

John Shaw first thought to break the Anaheim lease he would have to prove hardship.
    ...and how do you prove hardship? By having a low attendance. How do you get a low attendance? By having a piss poor team. How do you get a piss poor team? By not being very active in plan b players. That is why the decline from being 45 minutes from being in the Super Bowl in 1989 to just 2 years later swimming with one of the worst teams in the NFL. While the Whiners reloaded in Plan B players, we started losing key players to plan B. So when I hear "There were more **** fans at the big A than Ram fans". That may have been true, FOR ONE or TWO YEARS. ...in the end. The Rams announced they were moving from Anahiem and it was the 5th season in a row of just winning an average of 5 games. But the final years are what others use as ammo when talking about us as fans. You say the Rams just completed a 10-yer run of sellouts. Well, you failed to mention that in 1998 the last two RAM home games in St. Louis had 17,000 no-shows. WITH PAID TICKETS. But the RAM FAITHFUL in STL decided to stay home. By your definition, it's obvious that St. Louis can't support their team. Anyway, enjoy them while you have them, you never know when it's going to end. But if they leave, I'm sure you'll continue to be a faithful Ram fan as many of the old LA fans have been.
    What happened was Bill Bidwell. He wanted a new stadium, and when he didn't get one, high tailed out of STL. It wasn't the fans' fault that they had a greedy, incompetent owner.
    And, guess what, it took him 18 years to finally get one. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't thank the late Tom Eagleton and the CVC for bringing the NFL back to STL.

LaRamsFanLongTime is offline Registered User

Chargers have the worst fan base in the NFL next to the Buffalo Bills
    I live in So-CAL about 45 minutes from san Diego their fan base is pretty strong and grows everyday. You cannot go anywhere in my area and not see Chargers fans.
    LET'S GO DODGERS

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345