Alec22 is offline Registered User

New Sporting News Article

Tuesday, October 13, 2009
    Posted By Michael Tunison

"Could the impossible implosion happen again? Just last year the football world was transfixed by the historical ineptitude that permitted the Lions to finish an unprecedented 0-16. But the St. Louis Rams appear primed to match that disgraceful benchmark, and maybe even look worse doing so.

Granted, it's still early. And, frankly, going 0-16 is more remarkable than it sounds. All it takes to snap is catching a team in a flat performance or creating a few freak turnovers. But if anyone has the potential this year, without a doubt it's St. Louis. Through five games last year, that winless Lions team amassed a point differential of -83, though they came within two points (and some would say were hosed by questionable officiating) of stealing a win against the eventual division champion Minnesota Vikings. This year's Rams team, meanwhile, through five games has already been shutout twice and has a point differential of -112. Yes, they look worse than The Worst Team Ever.

Rams fans, if they can pretend they're not actually distressed about the Cardinals exit from the National League playoffs, would argue there are signs that their team easily has a victory in them. After all, the Rams outgained the Vikings this past Sunday (even if a lot of that was garbage time yardage), but were bedeviled by three red zone turnovers. Moreover, Kyle Boller will no longer be the starter, allowing Marc Bulger -- who, unlike Boller, has made displays of competency in his career -- to return under center, not that he's been particularly dazzling in the chances he's gotten this year anyway.

The thing is, looking at the Rams schedule, they may have already squandered one of their best opportunities at getting into the win column (much like the Lions did with the Vikings early last season), the Week 2 game in Washington, where the 'Skins gave them a chance at a game-winning drive. Six of the Rams' final 11 games are against teams currently .500 or better. Of the remaining five games, three of them are on the road. That leaves home games against division rival Seattle (which suffered a few setbacks that can be pinned on Matt Hasselbeck's injury) and an always potentially explosive Texans team.

In fact, the key to whether the Rams become the next 0-16 punchline could be a Nov. 1 matchup in Detroit. The Lions, having shown signs of life in recent weeks by beating the Redskins and hanging with the Vikings, Bears and Steelers, have an opportunity as a franchise to get past the opprobrious distinction of a winless season by passing that burden onto someone else. No doubt they'd be all too happy to share that misery."

To me it seems like this guy has watched about 3 min. of rams film this year and about 30min of stat sheets...

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Re: New Sporting News Article

they don't know what they are talking about. You read this here first! The Rams will win the rest of their games and make a playoff appearance!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

RebelYell is offline Registered User

0-5 and people still think the Rams deserve respect? I remember when the media was blasted because they predicted 4-5 wins.

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

I take it as a personal insult that the "writer" should suggest I would have feelings first about the Cardinals in the playoffs than about the Rams. I hardly follow baseball. Guess I have comitted the ultimate sin of living near St.Louis, there for I *must* be a huge Cardinal fan first and football fan second.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenWing View Post
    I take it as a personal insult that the "writer" should suggest I would have feelings first about the Cardinals in the playoffs than about the Rams. I hardly follow baseball. Guess I have comitted the ultimate sin of living near St.Louis, there for I *must* be a huge Cardinal fan first and football fan second.
    Yeah, he makes a lot of assumptions doesn't he? I'm sure he'll be rooting against the Rams to go winless so he can be right. I think he's going to be disappointed.

molar_pistol is offline Registered User

like this guy is saying anything new and not just repeating the garbage you hear on espn every time the rams are mentioned..

blood85 is offline Registered User

There are 11 more games to go, an injury here, a fumble recovery there, an interception....anything can happen, anything.

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by blood85 View Post
    There are 11 more games to go, an injury here, a fumble recovery there, an interception....anything can happen, anything.

I hope something happens.

The sooner the better.
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

eldfan is offline Registered User

Unfortunately the rams will continued to hear thing like this, 15 loses in a row and counting. Allot of writers are rooting for this. The rams just going to have to man up and get a win and put this kind of mess to bed.
    :ramlogo:

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

This is why the Sporting News is a failing publication. Enough said!

Go Rams!