Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamWraith is offline Registered User

New Turf Installed At Edward Jones Dome

created: 7/21/2005

ST. LOUIS (AP) -- With the NFL exhibition season just a few weeks away, the new turf is going in at the Edward Jones Dome in St. Louis.

The Rams had complained that the old turf was too hard and was endangering players. The new FieldTurf installation will take about three weeks as pieces are sewn together on site and filled with a special mixture of rounded silica sand, rubber granules and ground-up athletic shoe materials.

Team logos, end zone markers and other markers will be pained on after the pieces are joined together and filled.

The first game on the new turf will be a preseason game August 12th when the Rams host the Chicago Bears.

Masspatsfan12 Guest

Re: New Turf Installed At Edward Jones Dome

thats cool, that way there wont be anymore complaints from the players/media about it.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but this marks the official death of AstroTurf, yes?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Marshall1 Guest

Any pictures on the new carpet?

RealRam is offline Registered User

Better play, less injuries (hopefully). I think the Rams will feel proud of the new home improvement and make it their advantage, even if slight.

Masspatsfan12 Guest

I would like to see if the rams get a new stadium to have it outdoors. I mean thats the way football was suppoused to be played, but then again thats just my opinion.

RAMarkable is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Masspatsfan12
    I would like to see if the rams get a new stadium to have it outdoors. I mean thats the way football was suppoused to be played, but then again thats just my opinion.
    Hmmm... And if man were meant to fly he would have been created with wings.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but this marks the official death of AstroTurf, yes?
    Don't the Colts still have it?

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Disco Man
    Don't the Colts still have it?
    I thought they took their's out a couple of months ago?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

ramsfan1975 Guest

they did.....

RealRam is offline Registered User

Masspatsfan12, yes, there was once a time when ALL teams played on open fields and natural turf. And it was GOOD. The mud, the grass, the blood: football.

You'd have players all dirty with chunks of real estate stuck in their facemask; in the bitter winter you'd see frozen fans in the bleachers, all wrapped up in parkas and blankets and half-covered by falling snow.

I miss those stadiums. I miss those days. Times change.

Okay then. Let's get this thing started! *Official's whistle blows loud'n clear!* :angryram:

GO RAMS!

GameTime Guest

The Dome is fine. I havent seen to many games in an outdoor stadium though. I wouldnt mind a retractable dome. Either way, its not happening. Too many suits go the games and dont want to be cold or wet.

DJRamFan Guest

I've only ever seen games outdoors and I can't imagine it anyway else. I'm looking forward to a trip to the Ed at some point, but something about the cold makes it feel like a football game.

So the turf will be in, now, can it stop the ran and defend against the pass, we need that too.

maineram Guest

I've seen about 12 games total, all at Foxborough stadium. Seeing the Rams at home at the Ed is going to be priceless to me.
    I've played on that fieldturf, indoors at a sports complex for my flag football team for the past 3 years. There is no comparison from grass to that stuff. Now it's no doubt a drop from the astro-turf, but much quicker/faster on that stuff than grass. Cutting on a dime on fieldturf is no problem, and it is quite forgiving when you land on it. I made the mistake of wearing shorts though my first game, and needed stitches almost in quite a few places from the grasslike/needlelike fibers.
    I would bet the Greatest Show on Turf can survive on fieldturf as it did on astroturf.

Maineram -

.ramfan. is offline Registered User

"The Greatest Show on Fieldturf."

Sounds good!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast