Thread: New turf story

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

New turf story

New Turf At Dome
    As the Rams look forward to the 2005 season, they can look forward to a new playing surface. The FieldTurf playing surface is being installed in the Edward Jones Dome and will be in place by the August 12 preseason game versus the Chicago Bears. [Full Story]

My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

Re: New turf story

New Turf At Dome
    Monday, July 25, 2005

As the Rams look forward to the 2005 season, they can look forward to a new playing surface. The FieldTurf playing surface is being installed in the Edward Jones Dome and will be in place by the August 12 preseason game versus the Chicago Bears. Executive Vice President Bob Wallace was on hand during a press conference at the dome today where the installation is underway.

“We applaud the Convention and Visitor’s Commission and the Regional Sports Authority for ensuring that the new surface is installed in time for the start of the season. We look forward to an exciting 2005 season on the new turf,” said Wallace.

Coach Mike Martz added, “We’re excited about getting FieldTurf installed at the Edward Jones Dome and look forward to playing on it in a few weeks. I think it will help a lot of our veterans, reducing the wear and tear on their bodies. It’s much the same as playing on grass, and a majority of our players prefer playing on this instead of grass. FieldTurf is the same surface we practice on indoors at Rams Park,” said Coach Mike Martz.

The turf installation takes approximately three weeks as pieces are sewn together on site and filled with a special mixture of rounded silica sand, rubber granules and ground-up athletic shoe materials. Team logos, field, sideline and end zone markings are painted on after the pieces are joined together.

Work is being done by TTI Sports, one of FieldTurf’s St. Louis area installers.

FieldTurf has become the standard for artificial fields in the NFL, and this represents an upgrade in the Edward Jones Dome to make the Rams in the top tier of NFL stadiums.

Man, check the concrete its getting laid onto .................

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez
    Man, check the concrete its getting laid onto .................
    I saw that.Man how much give is that new field gonna have.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

well the one good thing is thats the same concrete thats at Rams Park and they have had the new turf there for a couple of years and its very soft to walk on . But man, that had to be hard landing on the old stuff. I remember running across it the first year they laid the old stuff and never thought it was that hard but it must have bedded down over the years.