sosa39rams is offline Registered User

New WR? Brandon McRae who?

Brandon McRae was an undrafted rookie, so I guess the rams decided to take a flier on him.

Looks like a pretty good one aswell. This guy is a monster and brings something new to the table.

Lets get a better look at "BMac".

YouTube - Brandon McRae

Also, the Rams took a flier on Dominique Curry, who also looked impressive from some highlights.

I dont even want to see the WR camp battle. I know somebody has to go but im not sure who.

I mean we have so many to choose from, Laurent Robinson, Brooks Foster, Donnie Avery, Mardy Gilyard, Keenan Burton, Danny Amendola, Brandon Gibson, Dominique Curry, Brandon McRae.

Who will be choosen and how many WR's will we keep? What will we do with the rest?
    Last edited by sosa39rams; -07-21-2010 at 11:27 PM.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Re: New WR? Brandon McRae who?

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I mean we have so many to choose from, Laurent Robinson, Donnie Avery, Mardy Gilyard, Keenan Burton, Danny Amendola, Brandon Gibson, Dominique Curry, Brandon McRae.

Who will be choosen and how many WR's will we keep? What will we do with the rest?
    Robinson, Avery, Amendola, Gibson, Gilyard, and McRae.

Practice Squad for Curry, the rest let go.
    I believe!

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

We keep them all I say, cause we need the depth. Interesting seeing this in the fact that steven jackson actually called him out specifically saying he is liking the talent he has brung. I was excited about gillyard but the more I see of brandon mcrae I'm likin him a lot too. I'm pretty excited to see what happens this year with all these recievers we have a couple potential number one recievers.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

lol what have you really seen of McRae besides a few highlight videos designed to make him look good.

I'm anxious to see if the big plays keep coming once the pads come on an our corners can lay hands on him.

I am also really confused about the Steven Jackson statement saying " Watch out for #15 and #83, not sure of there names but there looking good".

Im starting to think one of them might start.

Oh My! I knew I forgot someone, and just added him in. Brooks Foster, what about him? Hes technically a rookie too!

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bralidore(RAMMODE) View Post
    lol what have you really seen of McRae besides a few highlight videos designed to make him look good.

I'm anxious to see if the big plays keep coming once the pads come on an our corners can lay hands on him.
    Well I haven't seen anything more than that video I was more or less talkin about seeing that video then hearing steven jackson saying he likes what he sees. So I haven't seen more than those highlights and from reading his stats in 6'4" 205lbs is what I based that off of.

Warner4prez is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    Robinson, Avery, Amendola, Gibson, Gilyard, and McRae.

Practice Squad for Curry, the rest let go.
    I like those first five, but it's that sixth spot that I'm torn on. I'd like to see McRae, because he's the tall guy and has some speed I believe, Foster would be good to see there because I think he's the toughest of all our receivers (23 reps!) I'd wouldn't mind seeing Burton either. He may be injured often, but I think he runs pretty solid routes and he's a solid pass catcher.

We might only see 5 wideouts though because I don't see them bumping one of our 4 TE's to the practice squad. Fells will stay, Bajema will stay as a situational blocker, Uh-Oh is a guy that they really like to probably usurp Fells next season and I don't think they risk losing Onobun to another team by leaving him on the PS.

WR corps is still the most frustrating/intriguing battle on the team.

molar_pistol is offline Registered User

i think amendola is out, replaced by gilyard, i like foster but he seems to get hurt a lot.

Harry S. Truman is offline Registered User

McRae's pros and cons..

Pros: He's a very fluid route runner, has good size for a receiver. Adjusts nicely to underthrown balls, and is relatively quick. Granted, he's not track star quick, but he's deceptive with his speed and shiftability.

Cons: Coming off a broken leg in 2008, which really put a hammer into his production last year. He drops way too many easy catches, and doesn't respond well to pressure.

Practice Squad fodder me thinks.