RamWraith is offline Registered User

Newest St. Louis Ram Jason Brown scores big in the pocketboook and on the charisma sc

02.28.2009 6:59 pm

By: Jim Thomas
    St. Louis Post-Dispatch

The Rams’ new center, Jason Brown, held his introductory press conference Saturday evening at Rams Park, and as they say in the TV business _ he’s quite the sound bite.

Brown has a wife who’s about to become a dentist, just became $37.5 million richer, is glib as can be. . .and apparently the guy can block a little bit, too.

Some highlights from his media session:

_ On running back Steven Jackson: “I see film of Steven and I tell myself _ ’Wow!’ . . .We’ll have a dominating running game.”

_ On ending his tenure in Baltimore: “I was hoping to stay at home with the Ravens. . . .Unfortunately, there’s a separation between business and the personal side of football.”

_ On his St. Louis-based agents, Harold Lewis and Kevin Omell, who helped steer him to the Rams: “It’s funny. I was just thinking about Jerry Maquire, because they are my ambassadors of quan.”

That’s because the Rams showed him the money. The five-year deal pays Brown $20 million in the first two years and $24 over the first three years.

Brown said he could feel the “energy and radiance” coming off coach Steve Spagnuolo. He said the Rams will finish better than 8-8 in 2009, and said he can’t wait to get into the weight room. (The Rams’ official offseason conditioning program begins March 16.)

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Re: Newest St. Louis Ram Jason Brown scores big in the pocketboook and on the charism

Last statement is very bold, Mr. Brown! Atleast half of our fate lies in the execution of our offensive line being able to successfully hold blocks and make running lanes for our #1 playmaker. I don't want to say I agree with Jason as of right now, but I'm definitely excited like everyone else. This offensive line can really be turned around fast regardless if we take an OT with our first pick because there's a lot of depth in the later rounds (I think if Curry is available, we need to grab him.). Hopefully we'll be able to lock up a few extra positions in free agency so we can focus on primarily OL players, WR(s), etc, etc...

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams