Thread: News!

RamWraith is offline Registered User

News!

Not what we needed right now. You all might want to check out the USA Today. I am sure they ahve saving this article

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/r...12-07-rift.htm

Atlas is offline Registered User
    Bristol Tennessee, but I wish I were in Germany.
    I'm sorry to say this, but it doesn't surprise me. I always thought that the Rams were taking a step down in losing Vermeil. Don't get me wrong. Martz has a good head on his shoulders. But, he's no Dick Vermeil. Martz is way too head strong and allows his pride to interfere with his decisions. The Rams would have beaten Tampa had he let Faulk get the ball more.

I can't say I know all the details of this "problem" Martz is having, but I just don't think this would happening with Vermeil at the helm. He built the Rams with a great offensive coordinator in Martz. In my opinion, Martz isn't the head coach that Vermeil is. He has a great offensive mind, but not the temperament or political savvy to handle the balance of power that is needed to be head coach. He doesn't seem very good at compromise. :upset:
    "I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle... victorious."

{Vince Lombardi}

djccon is offline Registered User
    If one of the two has to go, I would prefer it to be Martz. I firmly believe it was ARMEY who put together the talent that allowed Vermiel to win the bowl. Remember, Armey and Zygmunt essentially had to threaten Vermiel's job to get him to give up on Tony Blanks [sic]. I think Martz is accomplishing the same things Siefert did with the whiners...taking superior talent and staying out of the way just enough to allow continued success.

I'm not a Martz fan ass a head coach. I thought he was the best O.C. in the business, but I think he has lots and lots to learn as a head coach.

This definitely is an unneeded distraction!

RealRam is offline Registered User

Smile DO WHAT'S RIGHT...

In effect, once you reach a high status of success, pesky problems begin to flare up. Foolish problems, imaginary, unnecessary --or, psychosomatic if you will-- type of ailments.

It is an integral part of leadership within an organization made up of several leaders, managers, owners, vice-presidents, etc. Call it ego, greed, immaturity, professional or personal insecurity. Selfishness.

It is a typical study in the character of power Vs... the power of character. They know it (lest they be true leaders). And the solution is simply to come down from a presumed throne and to be honest, to level with each other regardless of who is "right."

The tragedy, of course, is when one of the parties cannot see.

"Isn't a pitty, now isn't a shame,
    how we break each other's heart and cause each other pain?
    How we take each other's love, without thinking anymore,
    forgetting to give back, now isn't it a pity?
    " G. Harrison

In the great scheme of things, be it among great corporations, amateur or professional sport enterprises --or in the marvelous mystery of marriage, in times of war and in times of peace, it is all a part of THE GAME, namely, to do what is RIGHT.

Indeed, we don't need that right now, it is a distraction.
    So in order to carry on, GO RAMS!!!
    Last edited by RealRam; -12-07-2001 at 07:23 PM.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Cool M.M.M.

Say, I forgot to mention... I don't want Coach Martz to go! That would be a terrible mind to waste! He may be "Mad Mike Martz" but he's been great!

His ways have been tough but effective. I believe the Rams management, coaches, players and fans understand him better now -- and many today actually like him! I do! Kurt Warner does! Lovie Smith, Ernie Conwell, etc.3x...

Let's give it a go, ALL THE WAY! I call it, "winning 3-M: the Mike Martz Method."
    Come on Mikeee! GO RAMS!!! :evil: