Who will emerge as the next hard hitting safety that strikes fear in the heart of Ram opponets carrying the football? Lyle,Bush,Coady,Bowen..? I don't think anyone of these four really scare anybody. Then, may I suggest a player that will be drafted on Sat. April 21st that many people will have never heard of, Jarrod Cooper from Kansas State. First, here's a little bit'o info:

Jarrod Cooper
Safety
Kansas State
6-1/215
40: 4.55

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Sporting News War Room
Grade: 6.5

Strengths: Is a natural athlete with a track background. Has good speed and great intensity. Loves to charge the line and make the big hit. Is tremendously aggressive, especially against the run. Will make a lot of plays in run support even when lining up 10-12 yards off the ball. Has the speed and quickness to play in coverage and is natural in his movement.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

This kid could be the next John Lynch. At the scouting combine, Jarrod weighed in at 222 pounds ; ran a 4.45 40 yd dash ; and had a 42" vertical jump. These are astounding numbers for a safety. I think he's the exact player that Mr. Lovie is looking for in his "cover-2" scheme. The only weakness I've read about is that he could use some improvement in pass coverage. Well, in the the "cover-2" scheme, he would be starting in a deep zone and then he would be reading and reacting to the ball.He wouldn't be covering players man-on-man. His above average speed would allow him to charge the LOF for running plays or make a play on the ball anywhere on the field because of his speed and range. And with a 220 pound frame, he would be punish offensive players and leave some painful memories with them.
If the Rams were lucky enough to secure a playmaking LB and a top rated DT with their first 2 picks in the 1st round (providing the KC/Green deal goes through), Cooper might be available in the 2nd round. IMO, he would be available because many scouts have him ranked as the 3rd or 4th best safety available. However, because of his impressive showing at the combine, he may end up higher on most draft boards. ( This may have been better suited for the "Draft" section ) So sorry. Thanks for reading.

Sco