• Sam Bradford

10 9.62%
  • Someone else (who?)

2 1.92%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Aussie is offline Registered User

Re: Next Ram to Make His First Pro Bowl

I went with O.J.
    He has shown over the last few years he can consistently perform at a high level.
    1 good rookie season by Lauranitis was not enough for me to get the nod over O.J
    There mat be some bolters though...
    Gilyard as KR/PR?
    Sam Bradford may light it up
    Ron Bartell may create his own island...

you never know what this season could hold

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    Barron, if you are correct on your 13 sack projection on Chris Long i will personally commend you as Leading Psychic on the Board. I sure hope you are correct, that is a very bold projection.

I voted for laurianitis, but with the quality (or lack thereof) of the rams defense, that could be wishful thinking, even though he will deserve it.

I fear that the correct answer is oj atogwe, with 8 ints for a contending team after we lose him with no compensation. I hope that is not the case.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesson View Post
    I didn't mean 13 sacks, but I meant more along the line of 7 sacks or 8 sacks. If he has that much, I consider that on an All Pro level.
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    Are you BarronWade's alternate account?
    Let me clear someting up i do not have an alternate account lol

And about that prediction i stand by it. I saw enuff in his play last year that leads me to believe he can get to the QB.

I made a prediction after the combine and i said if the Rams cant get a good back up RB through the draft they wont reach in the later rounds and will just sign Westbrook now itz still in progress and remember they called him after Jahvid Best was off the board.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    Gotta be Jason Brown IMO he is the best center in the NFC and maybe the league and the Stats prove it.

If OJ plays like 09 and we put together a halfway decent record it would be a huge snub if he didn't make the pro bowl. You know OJ tackle numbers will be high and he will be at the top when it comes to forcing and recovering fumbles at the safety position. If he can get 6+ INTs he should definately make the pro bowl. I could still see him getting snubed like when Ken Hamlin (hows he doing now ) got the nod over him a couple years back. Its a glorified popularity contest.

It is going to be tough for Laurantis to beat out Patrick Willis, Jon Beason, and Johnathan Vilma especially if those teams have a great records. He would still be third on my list.

Donnie Jones is my 4th. Even though he has been a pro bowl caliber punter. Since he is a punter the only way he gets voted in is if the Rams win games. ITS A POPULARITY CONTEST.

Chris Long my 5th choice has the toughest road. Not only is he going to have to get double digit sacks which is extremely hard. He is going against perennial pro bowlers like Julius Peppers, Jared Allen, Will Smith, Trent Cole, and the Giants DEs.

Wild Card of course is Sam Bradford. If the Rams win 9 plus games Sam Bradford has to be a pro bowler and Spags has to be coach of the year. Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees are locks barring Injury IMO. If the Rams win 9 plus game likely making the playoffs I would have to believe Sammy has done something to vault him past Old Man Farve and Tony Romo
    If sam gets us to 9 wins ill carry him to the pro bowl on my back lol (yes I know that's gonna be hard since its in hawaii). I mean seriously if he were to win 9+ for us I'm pretty sure everyone will bow down to his feet lol.

RamsFanLSUMan is offline Registered User

"The Road Warrior" James Laurinaitis.

peramoure is offline Registered User

I think the fact that nobody picked Jason Smith speaks volumes about what Rams fans think about him. Despite all of the talk, I don't think we believe in him as a whole considering his draft position. I mean, 14 people picked Chris Long and the guy has done next to nothing at the position. Hmm.

SanDog is offline Registered User

I'll go with JL as well on the defensive side. 120 tackles and 2 sacks is a pretty good start as a rook. Big school, everyone knows who he is. He'll need team defensive improvement around him, but that is possible.

On offense this team was so bad last season that if they turn it around you could see several ride the shock into the pro bowl. I'll go with a longshot, though, in Fells. He was solid last year, and we're going to have a QB who looks for the TE. He should win the job and getting the dump off passes from Bradford will be a big benefit to him.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by peramoure View Post
    I think the fact that nobody picked Jason Smith speaks volumes about what Rams fans think about him. Despite all of the talk, I don't think we believe in him as a whole considering his draft position. I mean, 14 people picked Chris Long and the guy has done next to nothing at the position. Hmm.
    I can't speak for anyone else, but for me, that's not an accurate interpretation.

Pro Bowl OT is a very hard club to break into. For years, if you played in the NFC and your name wasn't Pace or Jones, you were going to have a tough time breaking into the club.

Other players can get in based upon stats. For example, if Long gets 10+ sacks, he'll have a great chance of making it to the Pro Bowl. For an OT on a non-contending team, it will be much harder to get noticed.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

Seeing as we have very little to go off of one Smith except the strides he was taking before his unfortunate concussion, I don't see how anybody can have an opinion on him really. What basis do you have on that opinion? He struggles early with a very tough schedule as a rookie. As time went on he started to get it. Just because I don't think he's going to make the Pro Bowl as a LT in his second year (not mentioning the fact that he hasn't completed a full year) is not saying I don't like or believe in the guy. It's just saying I don't think he's going to be the 1st 2nd or 3rd best LT in the NFC next year...

Way to jump to a ridiculous conclusion peramoure.

I thought Chris Long's late season surge warrants me thinking he could have a pro bowl year next year...

tank_dogg06 is offline Registered User

James Laurinaitis

Reason: I'm an Ohio State homer! (Seriously but also kidding)

As much hype as A.J. Hawk had coming out of college, His NFL career will be nothing compared to James when all is said and done. Little Animal might just be one of the best LB's to come out of Ohio State in history.

Quote Originally Posted by peramoure View Post
    That defintly not true just because he doesn't make the pro bowl doesn't mean he isn't pro bowl caliber. Nobody had picked him because he does play on a line that needs to see improvement this year (and I think they will with the additions/subtraction of players) so he isn't as easily reconized as say j. Laur blowing up with a bunch of tackles or sam bradford winning our last 3 seasons combined which is still a losing record with only 6 wins. So that's why I said bradford instead of jason smith has nothing to do with him or my confidence in him. I would said I'm actually pretty excited about him just not as much as bradford if he wins 8 games.

chucknbob is offline Registered User

Has to be James Laurinaitis, and OJ is a close second. That being said, unless we can get a decent enough defense around these guys for someone to notice the Rams defense as a whole, they're going nowhere.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

J Lau will defintely get my vote. Don't see OJ being a factor this year, especially after coming off an injury plagued 2009. Maybe this is Chris Longs year....That would be nice!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TakeSuh is offline Registered User

suh... oh wait...

thickandthin is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TakeSuh View Post
    suh... oh wait...
    oh gosh you're hilarious!

but anyway, it's gotta be Animal junior, I would've gone with OJ but I just don't see us signing him back this year sadly ='(

What I'm hoping for in chris long to get more sacks than suh this so takesuh won't cut his wrist lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12