Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: The Next Rams Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    I'll add another name to the list:

Mike Singletary
    You mean the one working on his third actual year as a pro football coach, working with the linebackers in San Fran? I think I'd prefer someone with at least some coordinator experience.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User
    Marshall Faulk

Tell me some one that has more knowledge of the game
    Last edited by Nick; -10-28-2005 at 12:21 AM.

RealRam is offline Registered User

The Marshall is extremely knowledgable, of course -- rest assured he knows more than a couple of head coaches, or three -- but then, it takes considerably more than just knowing your O's and X's.

Our Marshall man once replied to Steve Sabol (during an interview that was part of an NFL highlight film on Rams No. 28) ... regarding the possibility of Faulk considering coaching ...

"No", Superman said with his amiable smile, and he made reference to the fact that he probably wouldn't be able to put up with players not being detailed, dedidated, etc. [I cannot recall the exact response but it was clear it was out of the question.]

:clanram:

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User
    As far as Singletary, You don't want ANYONE from the Niners...

That like the thinking that brought us Marmie.

Herm Edwards? Come on, the guy is on the precipice of getting Fired. Last year, he sacrificed his Offensive Coordinator after a bad year.

Last edited by Nick; -10-28-2005 at 12:16 PM.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

How about Mike Zimmer, current Defensive Coordinator for the Cowboys.

RAMarkable is online now Registered User

Herm Edwards? Come on, the guy is on the precipice of getting Fired. Last year, he sacrificed his Offensive Coordinator after a bad year.

Dear Mr. Soprano:
    The reason Herm Edwards is going to be fired is because he can't keep Chad Pennington healthy and nobody can win with the likes of Testaverde. This in no way takes away from his abilities as a HC; not to mention he was schooled in the Kiffin/Dungy defensive system and would be a welcome addition to the Rams should we be fortunate enough to get him. He is certainly young enough to learn from any mistakes he has made in NY and will more than likely be much more successful at his second HC position than the first. All he needs is a decent offense and that is what the Rams can provide. And, as another poster mentioned, he is quite the motivator and his players like playing for him. Sounds good to me how about YOU?

WHAT SAY YE?

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Just don't hire any of these guys.

I can't stand any of them!!!

Brian Billick - Despise listening to him

Jon Gruden - Chucky - enough said

Jim Mora Jr. - Ammonia sniffer

Mike Shanahan - He is very goofy looking

Jeff Fisher - His mustache; it's disgusting

THEFIELDGOAL is offline Registered User

Let's give Coach Vitt a break and a chance of a lifetime. He has impressed me. He has more balance and it seems he has the support right off the bat. He was in the process of an upset vs the Colts. If it was not for Bulger leaving, I think he would have earn his first win with a huge upset. But he seems to have character. And he will do a good job. If he can get this team to 4-4 before the bye with the second squad. That will be impressive.
    About the FO . Hey business is business and sometimes people burn bridges and never get rebuilt. So whatever happens i support the organization on making the right call when that time comes. Until then go Rams!!
    THE FIELD GOAL

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by THEFIELDGOAL
    He has more balance
    If you're referring to the offense, that's probably Steve Fairchild's doing.

Obviously, Vitt has seen and done almost everything in the NFL and after this he will have seen and done it all. Everything that is, except for coaching offense, a task he will leave in the hands of offensive coordinator Steve Fairchild.

“We have got great offensive coaches,” Vitt said. “Mike involves our offensive coaches every week in the game planning. Steve Fairchild has done a lot of Scripting in our minicamps, in our OTAs and in training camp. All of these guys on the offensive staff have been in this system for a long time. And this system has been highly successful for a long time with a lot of moving parts. Steve is excited about the challenge. Our offensive coaches blend well together.”

That means Vitt will have as much involvement in the offense as Martz did with the defense, which is to say somewhere between little and none.

“I have nothing to do with this offense,” Vitt said. “This offense has been very, very good way long before I got here.”
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123