Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    dgr828 is offline Registered User

Next Victim: San Diego Chargers(2nd Pre-season Game)

GOOD TO GET A WIN AGAINST "DA BEARS", THOUGH ONLY PRE-SEASON. IT'S UNFORTUNATE WHAT HAPPENED TO THEIR QB (GROSSMAN), HOPEFULLY HE HAS A SPEEDY RECOVERY.

NOW IT'S ON TO SAN DIEGO. THE FIRST OF TWO STRAIGHT GAMES ON THE ROAD(THE OTHER BEING IN DETRIOT).

WHO: SAN DIEGO CHARGERS

GAMETIME: AUGUST 21, 2005(SUNDAY-1 PM PST)

WHERE: QUALCOMM STADIUM - SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA

TV: CHECK LOCAL LISTINGS

GAMEPLAN: THE CHARGERS HAVE QB ISSUES(DREW BREES OR PHILLIP RIVERS), THE RAMS PROBABLY WILL GET A GOOD DOSE OF BOTH OF THEM.
    L.T.(LA DAINIAN TOMLINSON) DIDN'T PLAY AGAINST GREEN BAY IN THE CHARGERS FIRST PRE-SEASON GAME, SO HE'LL SURELY TRY TO START ON A GOOD NOTE AGAINST THE RAMS . STAND OUT TIGHT-END ANTONIO GATES IS A HOLD-OUT (CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS). KEENAN McCARDELL IS THEIR ONLY RECEIVER WORTH MENTIONING. THE DEFENSE(NO-NAMES), MOST NOTE WORTHY- DONNIE EDWARDS(ILB),QUENTIN JAMMER(CB), SAMMY DAVIS(CB). SPECIAL TEAMS- SAN DIEGO HAS A PRETTY GOOD PUNT RETURNER IN ERIC PARKER.
    AS FOR THEIR KICKER- NATE KAEDING- HE MISSED THREE STRAIGHT FIELD GOAL ATTEMPTS IN THEIR LOST LAST WEEK TO GREEN BAY. SAME PROBLEMS HE HAD IN THE (AFC)PLAY-OFFS LAST SEASON.

THE CHARGERS PLAY WHAT THEY CALL "MARTYBALL", NAMED FOR THEIR COACH'S(MARTY SCHOTTENHEIMER) CONSERVATIVE STYLE OF PLAY ON THE OFFENSE. NOTE: MARTY SCHOTTENHEIMER IS THE OLDER BROTHER OF RAMS SECONDARY COACH KURT SCHOTTENHEIMER.

HOPEFULLY MARC BULGER HAS A BETTER SHOWING THAN WHAT HE HAD AGAINST CHICAGO.
    WILL THIS BE #1 DRAFT PICK ALEX BARRONS' NFL DEBUT?
    LET'S SEE HOW WELL THE RAMS DEFENSE STANDS-UP TO "MARTYBALL''.

UNDERSTAND COACH MIKE MARTZ GAVE THE TEAM THE WEEK-END OFF, SO COME MONDAY, IT'LL BE "TIME TO GO TO WORK!" ONCE AGAIN.

--"LET'S BEAT DEM BOLTS!" GO RAMS
    Last edited by dgr828; -08-15-2005 at 01:22 AM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

glorify is offline Registered User

Thumbs down Re: Next Victim: San Diego Chargers(2nd Pre-season Game)

I'd like to welcome everyone from ClamRam to your Rival F2FA Chargers Site this week Glorify the Past...Live for the Present!

I have set up a thread for the game http://www.glorifythepast.com/forums...ead.php?t=6905
    Some of the guys will be over this week and we're looking forward to great convo.

The Bolts are coming off a loss against the Pack where Kaeding missed 3 field goals. LT will not play, nor will Antonio Gates (contract).

Here are some stats on both teams:
    Chargers Preseason Stats
    Rams Preseason Stats
    NFL Injury Report
    Last edited by glorify; -08-14-2005 at 05:55 PM.

Re: Next Victim: San Diego Chargers(2nd Pre-season Game)

http://www.glorifythepast.com/forums...2942#post72942

should take you to the correct thread on the chargers forum

daygoCHARGERS54 is offline Registered User

I can't wait for the game! I'll be there live! Been waiting for a Chargers home game since.....January (btw - they were showing your Rams game on the jumbotron before our playoff game started).

But this should be a pretty good game. Marshall Faulk is back in San Diego, but i think the Chargers should win. Shawne Merriman will be there, as well as Donnie Edwards (both of which weren't in Green Bay). Brees/Rivers/Lemon are all very capable of putting up numbers, while Nate Kaeding wont miss 3 FG's (he's going to come out of his slump!).

Should be a good game

Well, I dont think you will see very much from Marshall Faulk, he noramlly does not touch the ball till the season starts (Yes I know he had two carries of Friday ::shock:.

Anyhoo, here is looking for a good game all be it pre season

LA Rammer is online now Registered User

Yeah this is pre-season game no big deal, but this is a good chance to see if we have some new upcoming talent. And i know it's pre-season but Steven Jackson's 33 yarder shows we are going to have a tandem at running back. hope we don't give up to much to other team's scouts.

charger-man is offline Registered User

If you guys aren't familiar with the Chargers, there will be some names you will have never heard, but will most likely have big games.

1. Matt Wilhelm- a middle linebacker who plays 100%, he most likely get 2 quartes of playing time.

2. Michael Turner- 5th round draft pick in 03, this RB knows how to find holes and finish all his runs with forward progress. He had 8 carries for 70 yards vs. GB.

3. Darren Sproles- He had a lot of receptions last week and looked bretty shaky, but I think he will be electric on ST and on offense.

Those are three names to watch on the Chargers if you feel the game is to out of hand for the rams to catch up :moon:

But in all seriosity (is that a word) any electric players on your team, you think us bolt fans should keep an eye on?

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by charger-man
    If you guys aren't familiar with the Chargers, there will be some names you will have never heard, but will most likely have big games.

1. Matt Wilhelm- a middle linebacker who plays 100%, he most likely get 2 quartes of playing time.

2. Michael Turner- 5th round draft pick in 03, this RB knows how to find holes and finish all his runs with forward progress. He had 8 carries for 70 yards vs. GB.

3. Darren Sproles- He had a lot of receptions last week and looked bretty shaky, but I think he will be electric on ST and on offense.

Those are three names to watch on the Chargers if you feel the game is to out of hand for the rams to catch up :moon:

But in all seriosity (is that a word) any electric players on your team, you think us bolt fans should keep an eye on?
    Watch out for:

1. Kevin Curtis WR #83 - Our version of Tim Dwight, this is poised to be his "breakout" year as a third receiver. He'll burn any [third] cornerback in the league.

2. Shaun McDonald WR #84 - The fourth receiver, drafted in the same class as Curtis. He's got nearly the same speed and jukes reminiscent of Az Hakim [circa 1999].

3. Pisa Tinoisamoa WLB #50 - One of the young leaders of our defense, he'll be all over the field and can lay a wallop for a guy of his size. Think mini-Seau.

4. Trev Faulk MLB #57 - A second stringer who was brought in last season for special teams help, he's proven to be solid depth and ate the Bears up last week with 10+ tackles. I think he was the one that injured Rex Grossman.

5. Jimmy Kennedy #73 / Damione Lewis #92 DT - Both of these guys are former first-rounders who haven't lived up to expectations. Kennedy is expected to give a constant push up the middle while Lewis has some good inside moves.

charger-man is offline Registered User

okay thanks, I've heard a few of those guys. Like when DeAngelo hall classified Curtis as, "the fastest hite guy in football." Thanks for the insight.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

WHAT'S UP, CHARGER-MAN?
    THANKS FOR THE SCOUTING REPORT ON THE BOLTS PLAYERS. I'LL BE IN ATTENDENCE AT QUALCOMM FOR THE GAME, AND WILL DEFINITLY BE LOOKING OUT FOR THOSE ELECTRIC PLAYERS.

AS FOR THE ELECTRIC PLAYERS FOR THE RAMS:

#1. MARSHALL FAULK(28) -A SDSU ALUMNUS, MARSHALL IS ALWAYS WELL RECEIVED IN SAN DIEGO.
    SAME STYLE AS LA DAINIAN TOMLINSON, THREAT AS A RUNNER AS WELL AS A RECEIVER.

#2. STEVEN JACKSON(39) - MORE OF A BRUISING TYPE BACK ALSO WITH GOOD HANDS OUT OF THE BACKFIELD. STEVEN WILL BE THE RAMS STARTING RUNNING BACK FOR 2005.

#3. QBs MARC BULGER(10)/ JAIME MARTIN(11)/ RYAN FITZPATRICK(12)/ JEFF SMOKER(15) - MARC'S THE STARTER, THE BACK-UPS ARE SOLID.
    *(HEY!, WE'LL GIVE YOU JEFF SMOKER IN RETURN FOR PHILLIP RIVERS....THINK ABOUT IT!)

#4. WR - OUR ARSENAL. LOOK FOR ISAAC BRUCE(80)/ TORRY HOLT(81)/SHAUN McDONALD(84)/KEVIN CURTIS(83) - DON'T BLINK! OR YOU'LL MISS 'EM. THESE GUYS ARE QUICK.

#5. DEFENSE -LOOK FOR DE- LEONARD LITTLE(91)/LB-PISA TINOISAMOA(50)/CHRIS CLAIBORNE(51)/DEXTER COAKLEY(52)/FS- ADAM ARCHULETA(31)

#6. OFFENSIVE LINE - CHECK OUT LT- ORLANDO PACE(76) AND OUR #1 PICK IN THE DRAFT RT- ALEX BARRON(70).

WELL CHARGERMAN , THOSE ARE A FEW RAMS PLAYERS TO LOOK FOR ,WHEN SAINT LOUIS COMES TO TOWN.

THOUGH THEY MAY NOT BE ELECTRIC, THEY SURE ARE
    RAM TOUGH!!!

GOOD LUCK, SUNDAY! AND MAY THE BEST "RAMS" WIN! -D-GR8-28
    Last edited by dgr828; -08-18-2005 at 03:56 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

If Tomlinson plays the 1st Quarter of the game that will really test our Run D
    RamsFan16

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

okay thanks, I've heard a few of those guys. Like when DeAngelo hall classified Curtis as, "the fastest hite guy in football." Thanks for the insight.
    I could see why DeAngelo Hall would say that:
    http://www.clanram.com/forums/galler....php?i=188&c=2

.ramfan. is offline Registered User

Good news for the guys who have NFL Network. They will be showing the game LIVE on Sunday at 4. Could be wrong about the time though.

Anyways...

GO RAMS!!!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Is Antonio Gates going to play, or no? Last I heard he was holding out for a 3-4 year deal. I'd actually like to see him play against the Rams, because our defense had problems against quality receiving tight ends last season, and I'd like to see if that looks like it will change with the addition of Coakley/Claiborne and some more physical safeties.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

theodus69 is offline Registered User

No Injuries,paleeeeeeease!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast