Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    charger-man is offline Registered User

Re: Next Victim: San Diego Chargers(2nd Pre-season Game)

Quote Originally Posted by dgr828
    WHAT'S UP, CHARGER-MAN?
    THANKS FOR THE SCOUTING REPORT ON THE BOLTS PLAYERS. I'LL BE IN ATTENDENCE AT QUALCOMM FOR THE GAME, AND WILL DEFINITLY BE LOOKING OUT FOR THOSE ELECTRIC PLAYERS.

AS FOR THE ELECTRIC PLAYERS FOR THE RAMS:

#1. MARSHALL FAULK(28) -A SDSU ALUMNUS, MARSHALL IS ALWAYS WELL RECEIVED IN SAN DIEGO.
    SAME STYLE AS LA DAINIAN TOMLINSON, THREAT AS A RUNNER AS WELL AS A RECEIVER.

#2. STEPHEN JACKSON(39) - MORE OF A BRUISING TYPE BACK ALSO WITH GOOD HANDS OUT OF THE BACKFIELD. STEPHEN WILL BE THE RAMS STARTING RUNNING BACK FOR 2005.

#3. QBs MARC BULGER(10)/ JAIME MARTIN(11)/ RYAN FITZPATRICK(12)/ JEFF SMOKER(15) - MARC'S THE STARTER, THE BACK-UPS ARE SOLID.
    *(HEY!, WE'LL GIVE YOU JEFF SMOKER IN RETURN FOR PHILLIP RIVERS....THINK ABOUT IT!)

#4. WR - OUR ARSENAL. LOOK FOR ISAAC BRUCE(80)/ TORRY HOLT(81)/SHAUN McDONALD(84)/KEVIN CURTIS(83) - DON'T BLINK! OR YOU'LL MISS 'EM. THESE GUYS ARE QUICK.

#5. DEFENSE -LOOK FOR DE- LEONARD LITTLE(91)/LB-PISA TINOISAMOA(50)/CHRIS CLAIBORNE(51)/DEXTER COAKLEY(52)/FS- ADAM ARCHULETA(31)

#6. OFFENSIVE LINE - CHECK OUT LT- ORLANDO PACE(76) AND OUR #1 PICK IN THE DRAFT RT- ALEX BARRON(70).

WELL CHARGERMAN , THOSE ARE A FEW RAMS PLAYERS TO LOOK FOR ,WHEN SAINT LOUIS COMES TO TOWN.

THOUGH THEY MAY NOT BE ELECTRIC, THEY SURE ARE
    RAM TOUGH!!!

GOOD LUCK, SUNDAY! AND MAY THE BEST "RAMS" WIN! -D-GR8-28
    Hmmm...I see you're an old L.A. Rams fan am I correct? Anyway we at GTP are having a little tailgate before the game, so if you go to section A4, you'll see us. For more information on those attending the game go to the GTP official Rams vs. Bolts thread to check it out!!

I didn't know you guys got Claiborne!! I think he broke out last year, he was a good player for the Vikes. Adam Archuleta really has to show me something, in 03 he was great, but in the games I watched of him last year his play kind of declined. We'll see what's in store for him in 05.

If Tomlinson plays the 1st Quarter of the game that will really test our Run D
    It's unlikely he'll play, he didn't play last game because Marty doesn't want to risk him during injury. If he plays at all I think he'll get about 1 series tops. He'll get most of his work Game 3 vs. the Vikes.

I could see why DeAngelo Hall would say that:
    http://www.clanram.com/forums/galler....php?i=188&c=2
    Haha, that's pretty funny, I guess DeAngleo has some excuses uup his sleeve then!

Is Antonio Gates going to play, or no? Last I heard he was holding out for a 3-4 year deal. I'd actually like to see him play against the Rams, because our defense had problems against quality receiving tight ends last season, and I'd like to see if that looks like it will change with the addition of Coakley/Claiborne and some more physical safeties.
    He is still in his holdout and as far as I know, nothing has progressed. Even if he comes back tomorrow for TC, it is VERY unlikely he'll lace em up for Saturday's game, sorry.

No Injuries,paleeeeeeease!
    ^^^Ditto!

Besides LT and Gates almost all of our players will be ready to go for Saturday's game and it will be a test for both teams. Hopefully you guys don't play your starters twice as long as we did like the cheating packers!

Just got news that LT will play about 6 snaps in Sunday's game, so your run D will be tested!

thoey is offline Registered User

Bring it! Trial by fire is the only way we'll know how good (or not) they are going to be. I only wish it was more than 6 plays...
    This space for rent...

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by thoey
    Bring it! Trial by fire is the only way we'll know how good (or not) they are going to be. I only wish it was more than 6 plays...
    Exactly. I'd love to see LT play the entire game. He'd be a much better barometer for our run D than some camp body.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

I'm looking forward to see how we do against the 3-4 D. Our O-line better have their heads on straight, cause it will look much different than what the Bears put up. We're going to see, I believe, 4 games of 3-4 this year (Dallas, Houston, and SF x 2) so it'll be nice to get an on-field look at it in San Diego.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    Exactly. I'd love to see LT play the entire game. He'd be a much better barometer for our run D than some camp body.
    Micael Turner and Darren Sproles are by no means "camp bodies." They are the real deal, not a walk in the park type backups. I guess you'll find that out first han in a couple days though.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Former Los Angeles Chargers vs. The Former Los Angeles Rams! Empty Coliseum Packed house at Qualcomm. Am I missing anything? Nahhh! I'll be there wearing my white Faulk Jersey. I concur "no injuries please!:football: :football: :football: :football:

Quote Originally Posted by charger-man
    Micael Turner and Darren Sproles are by no means "camp bodies." They are the real deal, not a walk in the park type backups. I guess you'll find that out first han in a couple days though.
    Yea, nothing strikes fear in the hearts of DCs like the names, Michael Turner and Darren Sproles. :drunk: Whatever will our defense do when all 170 lbs of Rolling Thunder Sproles slams into them?

As I said, I'd prefer Marty leave in LT as long as possible so our run D can get a better idea of where they stand.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Sproles is a serviceable back. I wouldn't play LT till the last game of the season. The Rams really didn't use Faulk much in preseason.

I want to see how the Rams secondary responds to the Chargers air attack. With or without Gates.

glorify is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    Is Antonio Gates going to play, or no? Last I heard he was holding out for a 3-4 year deal. I'd actually like to see him play against the Rams, because our defense had problems against quality receiving tight ends last season, and I'd like to see if that looks like it will change with the addition of Coakley/Claiborne and some more physical safeties.
    Gates will report by Sunday but won't play in the game. Ryan Krause (the best back up TE you've never heard of) will get some reps in. He's a monster.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12