Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: NFC Defensive Player of the Month is....

Great News He Deserves It, He Has Played Well And Looks To Be Back At 100%.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

I'm glad to see Arch's fans have turned up, and let me add my congratulations. My question is this.....where is the "Arch is done" crowd? You know who you are.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I was one of them. Arch didn't play up to his expectations well, ever. Has he before this year? Don't think so. I know his back was a factor last year, but his coverage skills have always been suspect until this year.

He worked on his weaknesses which I'm very grateful.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Arch didn't play up to his expectations well, ever. Has he before this year? Don't think so
    What kind of expectations have you had? In 2004 (with a bad back), he finished 7th among NFC DBs in tackles. In 2003, he led the NFC DBs in tackles per game at 5.53. In 2002 he was 2nd in the league for DB tackles. I don't know that we can truly expect more. He's playing at the top of the league and has since day 1.

My opinion is the back issues were amplified last year, because he is always around the ball. He gets to the ball more than any player on the D, so when there is a missed tackle, it was usually Arch.....which makes sense as he was the only player last year that consistently got to the ball.

Despite his 3 picks in 61 games, I think we're lucky to have him in our secondary.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Tackling was never the issue with me, it was getting torched deep in coverage every time is what was unsettling.

There's more to a DB than just tackling.

You asked who the skeptics were and I manned up and said I was. Still am. He had a great break on the ball for that touchdown interception and his speed is outstanding. I'm all for improvement and Arch has improved tremendously. C'mon, who could forget the INT he dropped last year that would have sealed a playoff spot and would have buried the Jets? Since then, he's really come on and improved dramatically.
    Last edited by txramsfan; -09-29-2005 at 11:17 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12