View Poll Results: Who do YOU think will finish LAST in the NFC WEST next year?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Seagulls

32 35.96%
  • Cardinals

12 13.48%

11 12.36%
  • You say Rams you get a bathroom beatdown!

34 38.20%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    TheRammer Guest

NFC WEST anyone?

I love to see our division rivals going through turmoil... all of them have QB issues or some other major type of issues.. I DO HOPE THE SEAGULLS FAIL TO SIGN MARSHALL! The question is: so far who do you think looks better or the worst in the NFC WEST so far after the season/pre-draft/in FA so far?

Personally I do think we are moving foward against our rivals.. while they are still standing still or being downgraded...
    Last edited by TheRammer; -03-09-2010 at 08:40 PM. Reason: SPELLING

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Re: NFC WEST anyone?

W/ the additions of Feeley and Robbins, I don't think the Rams are really moving forward at a registerable (yeah, I know) speed. When the draft comes and the Rams make some secondary type moves, maybe I can get on board.

Seattle has the 6th, 14th and 40th picks. They could get Clausen, a great OT and their RB of the future to facilitate their rebuilding.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

not really replying to the questions asked..for next season atleast..but for the near future i see over the next few years it being..

Niners- the team to beat..they are moving in the right direction..have had a decent D for a few years now..even before Singletary was made HC their D was decent.they do have some holes this off-season there tho..and it would be interesting to see how they would cope if Willis missed any games through injury.
    they also have two 1st rounders..if they can get one of the top OT`s to play opposite Staley..resign the likes of David Baas..their line could be pretty good. they have some people to make plays in the air and on the ground..a lot depends on if Alex Smith can continue to improve after his bad start in the NFL or if not..who they replace him with.

Cards..a wild card entry..theyve lost a lot of talent this offseason..more than any other team has in an off-season in many years..IMO. (we had a lot of big names leave last off-season but not big players anymore who are in their prime the way the Cards have) how they replace that much talent is key..they could remain the team to beat or they could sink back into bottom dwellers..they do have a decent HC and seem to have become pretty astute at drafting in recent years tho.

Rams-i think we are on the rise but its just a question of how long it will take to get to the top again..it isnt likely to be this year..but maybe the next.

Seahawks- they are where we were when Spags came in really..a squad with a couple of good youngsters but mostly former good-great players still earning large contracts they can no longer justify...they have some really good young linebackers who could get even better if Curry becomes the player many expected him to be..but not much else looking ahead to the future on D..a couple of decent middle of the road players but nothing special.. on the O apart from Carlson..i dont see anyone currently on their roster who should be there for much longer..so big overhaul is needed there. they do have two 1st rounders that could go a way to helping them restore some quality to their roster.
    but.. 1) having two 1st round picks does not guarantee selecting two good players 2) they need more than two good players anyway.
    they also have a new shake-up in their Coaching staff..although Pete Carroll is a bit too Ra-Ra for me..he wasnt that bad in his last spell as a HC in the NFL with the Pats (being the HC sandwiched between Parcells and Belichick )..and with the experience from last time out i did think he could evolve into a good coach in the NFL next time around..im not sure Seattle is the right fit for him. he will have his work cut out overhauling that age-ing team and im just not sure he`s upto the task.
    Last edited by Ramblin` Ram; -03-09-2010 at 10:11 PM.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

id say bottom place is between the Rams and the Seahawks. Id love to be able to say that there is no way the Rams can finish last, but with a lackluster free agency (because of the lack of any decent available players) there hasnt been much improvement in the team so far. Obviously the draft will be a big deal in deciding this, but at the moment its a two horse race, with the Rams in front.

Ahmedrams81 is offline Registered User

I am a very optimistic and die hard rams fan, but I also am realistic. I think we would be honestly lucky to win 4 games next year. We have so much rebuilding to do adn teams like the 9ers and the cards are pretty well established. I can't help but think of the Miami Dolphins a few years back. From 1-15 to 11-5 and division champs in a tough division. I think the first few weeks of the next season will set the tempo. If we can come out and win our first couple games, we can change that mentality in the locker room to a winning one. If we come out like last year and get blown out 28-0 in week one, then surely the rest of our season will be going downhill. We have a lot of potential, we just need the right mindset.

shower beers is offline Registered User

I think the Cardinals peaked last year and are on their way down again. Boldin, Dansby, Rolle and Warner are all gone. That's a crippling blow from which I don't think they'll recover.

The Seahawks are entirely too old all across the field. They have two first round picks and another early second to turn it around this year. I think this draft is the make-or-break draft for them, in terms of rebuilding. It will be interesting to see how Carroll does.

The ***** are on their way up if they can shore up their secondary and bring consistency to their QB position. Two first round picks this year leave the door wide open for them to run away with the division.

The Rams' FO definitely turned the team back into the right direction, but we're playing with a team that's way too inexperienced and devoid of talent to win this division. Another solid draft will definitely put us in the right direction down the road, but if one thinks it's going to be this year, they are sadly mistaken.

I have the Cardinals taking the division one more year, the *****, seahawks and rams.

laram0 is online now Superbowl MVP

Last place in the NFC WEST will be battled out between the Cards, Seaslugs and us.

That leaves my favorite to win the West......drum roll please........

I can't say it! &^%*&%^!

helorm341 is offline Registered User

Considering the only team that wasn't bad last year was the Cardinals and they lost numerous key peices to their team (Including, obviously, the most important one....), I think we got worse unless someone really steps it up this year.

It really is the NFCWorst

Warner4prez is offline Registered User

When Leinart stepped in, the Cardinals didn't have a clue what they were doing. I expect that trend to continue as he takes the reigns this year. I'm halfways expecting them to gradually turn into a run first team now that Kurt is out of the picture. Leinart can't run that wide open pass attack.

The Seachickens are very old, and they will be trying to find their new identity with a few rookies at key positions...likely WR and HB. Pete will be trying to put his stamp on this team in his first year and who knows where it will go? Hopefully nowhere good.

The Whiners are the biggest cause for concern. They've been doing it right (minus David Carr). The offense can score, maybe not in bunches, but their defense is definately able to make them contenders on their own. Hopefully their DB's are losing a step as I think many of them are getting old.

The Rams are still working on it. Winning a couple of division games is definately doable if not just plain necessary. We will have the weakest schedule we'll likely ever see, so it's important we take advantage of that and pull out at least 4 wins which would make me very happy.

I voted Cardinals though, just to avoid voting for the Rams ;-)

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Can't say until the draft, but so far I can't say that I see much reason to expect us to be significantly more competitive. And I hate saying that.

helorm341 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Warner4prez View Post
    When Leinart stepped in, the Cardinals didn't have a clue what they were doing. I expect that trend to continue as he takes the reigns this year. I'm halfways expecting them to gradually turn into a run first team now that Kurt is out of the picture. Leinart can't run that wide open pass attack.

The Seachickens are very old, and they will be trying to find their new identity with a few rookies at key positions...likely WR and HB. Pete will be trying to put his stamp on this team in his first year and who knows where it will go? Hopefully nowhere good.

The Whiners are the biggest cause for concern. They've been doing it right (minus David Carr). The offense can score, maybe not in bunches, but their defense is definately able to make them contenders on their own. Hopefully their DB's are losing a step as I think many of them are getting old.

The Rams are still working on it. Winning a couple of division games is definately doable if not just plain necessary. We will have the weakest schedule we'll likely ever see, so it's important we take advantage of that and pull out at least 4 wins which would make me very happy.

I voted Cardinals though, just to avoid voting for the Rams ;-)
    The niners do have a nice nucleus but their surrounding talent just isn't there yet to make them a good team. And obviously they are still missing that franchise QB. I see them winnign the divison because they are the only above average team we have but the team they face in the playoffs will just be getting a free bye week..

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is online now Registered User

As much as I hate to say it, I don't see the Rams getting off the mat for a few years. The only saving grace is that the rest of the division is bad to mediocre. It won't be that we're catching up with them as much as they're coming down to us.

For the first time in a long time, I'm not very excited about the upcoming year. This team is so devoid of talent, it will be a long haul getting back to a winning team. ...and that's if we don't blow the next couple of drafts. It could be longer.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

bigredman is offline Registered User

I see the Seahawks and Rams battling for the last place next year. I picked the Rams to come in third simply because I need to have something to root for next year and I see the Seahawks degenerating to where we were last year.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RealRam is online now Registered User

Great to see you Big Red! Gran hombre rojo. Un abrazo con mis mejores deseos amigo.

I'll try with my best optimism and say that the Rams will fight for 2nd place. The Squawks in 3rd with their new HC. Uh, oh ... either Arizona or Friskies at 1st and 4th place? Wow. Strange days indeed.

It'd be so strange not to see the Rams in the cellar though!

TheRammer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Last place in the NFC WEST will be battled out between the Cards, Seaslugs and us.

That leaves my favorite to win the West......drum roll please........

I can't say it! &^%*&%^!
    Blasphemy!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast