Milan is offline Registered User

NFC-West best running game?

Steven Jackson and Frank Gore are tied for first in the NFL with rushing yards, one boasts 4.1YPC (Jackson) the other 4.6 YPC one 1 TD (Jackson) the other 3.

With fumbles though Gore has struggled, while Jackson has yet to fumble it.
    Jackson slightly has the edge over gore, maybe by 15 or so yards in all purpose yards....and I believe he's leading the NFL in all purpose yards.

So the question is, do you think the NFC-West has the best running game?

The other two RBs haven't done much, and one is injured, even though he didn't do much before his injury.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Re: NFC-West best running game?

I'll take the guy who doesn't give the ball to the other team.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I would rank them:
    1. Alexander
    2. Jackson
    3. Gore
    4. James

Until proven other wise Alexander is the man, he scores TD's. James is playing for a team that has a very weak O line or he would be right there with Jackson. All in all 4 very different but talented runners.

I would tend to agree that Alexander is the leader in this group. Saying that, Jackson is starting to show himself and with a few more plays designed to take advantage of his talent, who knows what might happen

:seasux:

Jseahawks is offline Registered User

I would say that right now, today , the Rams have the best running game. However, i think by the end of the season once Alexander gets healthy and the o'line starts to gel the Seahawks running game will move back to the top of the division.

bela is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Jseahawks View Post
    I would say that right now, today , the Rams have the best running game. However, i think by the end of the season once Alexander gets healthy and the o'line starts to gel the Seahawks running game will move back to the top of the division.
    I agree. I think everyone here knows what Alexander can do, but fact is this year he hasn't done jack.

Jackson continues to impress, and unexpectedly, so does Gore. James is performing exactly as most of us expected (no o-line -> no run).

The edge has to go to the Rams. Although in fairness, none of the NFC West teams possess what I'd call prolific rushing attacks. So realistically, the Rams are sort of "the best of the mediocre" right now. But hey, that's still the best right?

Milan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bela View Post
    I agree. I think everyone here knows what Alexander can do, but fact is this year he hasn't done jack.

Jackson continues to impress, and unexpectedly, so does Gore. James is performing exactly as most of us expected (no o-line -> no run).

The edge has to go to the Rams. Although in fairness, none of the NFC West teams possess what I'd call prolific rushing attacks. So realistically, the Rams are sort of "the best of the mediocre" right now. But hey, that's still the best right?

The NFC-West has the top two running backs in terms of yards...

LaRamsFanLongTime is offline Registered User

Ill take the running back that has helped lead his team to four victories over the one that has only lead them to 2. Its not just that Gore fumbles he fumbles at critical times.As far as TD's, it seems the Rams once they get to the goal line call Jacksons number once and If he dont make it they give up and try something else.
    Last edited by LaRamsFanLongTime; -10-09-2006 at 01:47 PM.
    LET'S GO DODGERS

bela is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Milan View Post
    The NFC-West has the top two running backs in terms of yards...
    While that stat is technically true, it’s incredibly misleading.

As a team, the Rams are ranked 17th in run offense averaging 106 yards per game. That is 1.0 yards better than a Seahawk team that lost 3/5ths of its O-line and its MVP running back to injuries.

Additionally, the Rams have played the 18th, 24th, 22nd, 14th and 15th ranked run defenses – for an average of 18.6. For comparison sake, the Seahawks have faced the 14th, 22nd, 9th and 6th ranked run Ds (avg 12.75), and averaged a whopping 1-yard per game less than the Rams. When the Rams did face a decent run D (14th ranked Detroit), Jackson gained a paltry 80 yards.

I’m not trying to rain on anyone’s party, nor am I trying to diminish Jackson's ability. My point is only that nobody in the league is fearful of any NFC West running attacks as they stand now – and that includes my beloved Seahawks.