Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    bigredman is offline Registered User

Re: NFC West Offseason Ticker

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    Anybody know what this guy (Cox) is all about? He any good???
    Cox was a college teammate of Head Coach Scott Linehan at the University of Idaho and worked with Linehan at Idaho and at the University of Louisville. He has coached linebackers at Michigan state since 2003.

Now he's just making jobs up to hire his buddies. All I have to say is you better win surrounded by your friends, because if you turn out the stinker you did last year (overall picture), and its flash in the Pansville for first and last time NFL head coach Linehan.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Brain Daddy is offline Registered User

Some Niners stuff

2/26 - CBs Sammy Davis and Donald Strickland released. Strickland is expected to re-sign.

2/27 - Bryant Young re-signed for 1 year

2/28 - QBs Coach Jim Hostler named Offensive Coordinator

Whoops, already there. D'oh!
    Last edited by Brain Daddy; -03-01-2007 at 02:36 PM. Reason: not checking the ticker first

I didn't buy him as a quarterback. He's just so stiff, especially when he drops back to pass. Really stiff. He reminds me of Kurt Warner.
    -- Kevan Barlow on Adam Sandler's performance in The Longest Yard

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Two of those were already on the ticker! Gotta look at the first post, BD!

bigredman is offline Registered User

AvengerRam....far be it from me to suggest how to run your stuff...but I'm going to anyway!

This thread is going to derail bigtime if you don't moderate it. I submit to you that your idea is a great one...but execution is flawed...have those that wish to contribute IM you with news and YOU keep us posted with a thread that is closed to everyone, but opened by you to keep us updated with contributions submitted to you. Basically, I click on your thread, I read YOUR updates (giving credit to whomever contributes). I love the idea of a centralized thread we can go to for up to date Ram transactions and those affecting our division. I don't know if the egos on here will allow you to filter it through your thread as opposed to announcing under their own thread. Did I say egos? I mean well meaning but want the sole credit for breaking the news buddies!

BTW...how in the hell did you get 15 rep power and six gold thingies? I mean sheeeesh....you MODS have got to sprinkle some of the wealth to us underlings. Come on. Am I really nine rep points and three gold thingies under you? Am I that pathetic?
    Last edited by bigredman; -03-01-2007 at 09:13 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman View Post
    This thread is going to derail bigtime if you don't moderate it. I submit to you that your idea is a great one...but execution is flawed...have those that wish to contribute IM you with news and YOU keep us posted with a thread that is closed to everyone, but opened by you to keep us updated with contributions submitted to you.
    I think that's a good idea. We see something not on the ticker, we hit up AV with a PM and let him know and he updates it.

3/1 - Niners release WR Antonio Bryant

I didn't buy him as a quarterback. He's just so stiff, especially when he drops back to pass. Really stiff. He reminds me of Kurt Warner.

Well, this ticker is a "work in progress," so I may need to tweak it a bit. The real goal, though, is to give the more casual fans a quick place to check in and get caught up with the offseason happenings.

itsguud is offline Registered User

I appriciate this thread!... Maybe I'm the only one, but keep it coming AV. Ahhh, how do I get the Rep power and Gold watch-ya-ma-call-its-thing-ama-jiggers?

Milan is offline Registered User

The Niners signed Ashlie Lelie.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Well, this ticker is a "work in progress," so I may need to tweak it a bit. The real goal, though, is to give the more casual fans a quick place to check in and get caught up with the offseason happenings.
    AV, the ticker is an excellent and perfect idea. It does just what you said, allows the casual fan a quick place to see what's been going on. Even though I don't consider myself as a casual fan I still refer to the ticker quite often.

Again, thanks alot!

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Banta-Cain just signed with the whiners. Not a shocker as he went to school at Cal

GreatestShow99 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    Banta-Cain just signed with the whiners. Not a shocker as he went to school at Cal
    And he was a ***** fan growing up...

marccat is offline Registered User

Thanks AvengerRam and all you others. This is most definetly what I love about this gridiron cathouse! One way or another ya get want ya want out of it.I believe our div. has come up the most, and I do see a lot of thumpin all over each other this yr. so boot up and suit up and lets get busy. Take the west and the rest--yeah buddy!!

AV, I'd like to point out that when we traded our 2nd round pick to Indy, we got their #1 next year as well as one of their 4th rounders this year. When you consider the overall net effect, we basically gave up a 2nd to move up into the 1st to take Staley, which isn't that big of a risk.

Perhaps, though I have to say that Staley in most drafts is not a first round pick. This year there was a paper thin class at OT, so the Niners did what they had to. Still, I think the price was a bit high.

Didn't see it in the ticker, so I thought I'd add that on 6/11 the Niners officially signed former Eagles' DLineman Sam Rayburn to a 1 year deal. The contract was for the vet minimum with an undisclosed bonus. Rayburn will backup LE and NT.

Regarding Oliver, I think his injury could be a blessing in disguise. Including Rayburn (who agreed to, but didn't sign, the contract the day Oliver was injured), there were 9 linemen who had a shot at making the roster. It's unlikely that the team will keep that many. I can't see them keeping more than 7. That means 2 players get cut.

Oliver started last year when the team moved to a 4-3 and was part of the team's midseason turnaround. In the 3-4, which the team plans to use this year, Oliver struggled. It's unlikely he would have started, and with the emphasis on the 3-4, I think he would have been 1 of the 2 players cut (the other being Sopoaga). Either that or someone who's a better fit for the scheme, maybe at another position such as LB, ends up cut so Oliver stays around as an insurance policy. Since he's on IR now, he doesn't take up a roster spot and can hang around for one more year and continue to improve once he's better.

Rayburn was looking to sign a small 1 year contract, have a great year, and then get his payday. If Oliver can step it up and who he has the ability as a 3-4 end, the team can basically just let Rayburn go and keep Oliver around instead.

Wow, that turned into a book. Sorry 'bout that. :x

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast