Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: NFC West Offseason Ticker

Quote Originally Posted by BD
    1 of the 2 players cut (the other being Sopoaga)
    So you figure Nolan's ready to give up on I.S.? He played well at the end of the year......is he not set up for a break out year? Or is he just not that good?

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Brain Daddy is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    So you figure Nolan's ready to give up on I.S.? He played well at the end of the year......is he not set up for a break out year? Or is he just not that good?
    I think there's a good chance he could be let go. The last two seasons he was supposedly poised to have a breakout year, so I'm somewhat skeptical. He'll have this training camp to show himself. I really hope he can, because the guy is monstrous. The only person on the team stronger than Sopoaga is Larry Allen.

When Nolan benched Anthony Adams, it was Fields who started at NT, even though he's not as strong and is better suited DE. Sopoaga only started to get more PT once Fields went on IR with a broken arm. He made some nice stops here and there in the running game, but what I remember most was him struggling 1 on 1 with offensive linemen.

Joe Cohen was drafted to play NT and Rayburn and Fields can backup that position as well. With 3 DEs in Douglas, BY, and McDonald, 2 DE/NTs in Rayburn and Fields, and 2 NTs in Franklin and Cohen, I think Sopoaga will be the odd man out.

I look at it like this:

1. Soap performs well and the team keeps 8 linemen, cutting one of the LBs, such as Rod Green.

2. Soap performs well and the team lets go of Cohen and possibly tries to put him on the practice squad.

3. Soap doesn't perform well and is cut. (I see this one as the most likely)

But who knows. I guess we'll see how good my crystal ball is in a couple months.

I didn't buy him as a quarterback. He's just so stiff, especially when he drops back to pass. Really stiff. He reminds me of Kurt Warner.
    -- Kevan Barlow on Adam Sandler's performance in The Longest Yard

EastCoastNinerFan is offline Registered User

I love how this went from NFC West to a 49er thread.

Sounds great, like the site.

First time post as I typically stay on Niner boards, but you guys gotta cool site hear. I also saw the Seahawks message board (okay) and the poor Cards still don't have one, unless you count yahoo's or something. I guess thats what happens when you don't have a fan base.

See you guys at least twice this year.

EastCoastNinerFan

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastNinerFan View Post
    That will tend to happen when whiner fans join in the discussion. It looks like our friends from seahawks.net are lying low on this one.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastNinerFan View Post

Sounds great, like the site.

First time post as I typically stay on Niner boards, but you guys gotta cool site hear. I also saw the Seahawks message board (okay) and the poor Cards still don't have one, unless you count yahoo's or something. I guess thats what happens when you don't have a fan base.

See you guys at least twice this year.

EastCoastNinerFan
    Actually, there IS a small but nice little Cards site. It's part of the fan2fan alliance (F2FA) and it's called CardinalFreak. Ask BrainDaddy, he's posted over there a few times (and needs to answer the post where I said Darrell Jackson was a perfect complement to Frank Gore).

Dez, I know you don't like linking to other sites, but since both are a part of the F2FA, I figured it was OK.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    Actually, there IS a small but nice little Cards site. It's part of the fan2fan alliance (F2FA) and it's called CardinalFreak. Ask BrainDaddy, he's posted over there a few times (and needs to answer the post where I said Darrell Jackson was a perfect complement to Frank Gore).
    Now that BD's had the time to respond over there...

I said Jackson is the PERFECT complement to Gore on SF's offense.

Jackson has 'dropsies', Gore has fumbles...

Gore and Jackson - the Butterfinger Boys!

Large_Ant is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    That will tend to happen when whiner fans join in the discussion. It looks like our friends from seahawks.net are lying low on this one.
    (hiding in the shadows)
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Seattle Seahawks - 2004 & 2005 NFC West Champions

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123