Defense
    1. Seahawks
    2. Whiners
    3. Cardinals
    4. RAMS

FYI:seasux::arisux::sfosux:

timsum1283 is offline Registered User

Re: NFC WEST Rankings

really? the cardinals have a better defense? the cardinals?

i hate ESPN

RamsFanSam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

I find the seahawks and whiners very offensive.

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    ESPN (Mark Schlerth)

Offense
    1. Seahawks
    2. RAMS
    3. Whiners
    4. Cardinals

Defense
    1. Seahawks
    2. Whiners
    3. Cardinals
    4. RAMS

FYI:seasux::arisux::sfosux:
    seems to me that these guys are really biased. Cause if you look at the stats and base it upon offseason aquisitions, and losses.
    The Rams got much better on offense. Also they ranked #6 in offense. The closest team Arizona, was ranked 12 spots behind them.

On Defense, we were ranked 23 with only Seattle 4 spots ahead, and both Arizon, and The niners behind us. I wouldn't put too much stock in to what these guys say. It's obvious that they don't do too much studying on teams, and just base it on how a they perceive a team to be, based upon public perception, and hype. Also based up on records, the NFC West is one of the most compatative devisions, slightly behind the AFC South.

How is it that fans know more than these dudes. Last year don't mean a thing and if it did. I would have to say w did a lot improve our team, and that we have the best offense in the NFL right now, as far as talents, and weapons. Winning changes everything. We have one of the best QB's in the league that's a fact. We have 2nd best back in SJ number 1 is LT. We have the best receiver tandem, in the league. I believe we picked up a top 10 TE, and and a even better TE tandem this year. If Marc gets injured, Ferrote could step right in and not miss a beat. If we can cut down on 50 overall yards per game next year on defense we would have a to 5 defense.

Indianapolis won the Super Bowl, and there Defense was on par with ours. So all this talk about the Rams not improving is bullish.

itsguud is offline Registered User

Thats ubsurd. We definitly have the best offense in the West... maybe even in the National Confrence. Just looki at our players, whos gonna stop them.

Defense I can see where they are coming from. Against the division our D sucks.

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

I hate these power ranking fiasco's, the whole thing is nothing more than a popularity contest. All the Rams have to do is make a have nice run and make it into the playoffs, than the sports writers will be fighting with each other to jump on our bandwagon.

prof22693 is offline Registered User

yea we were 6th last year, now we will be better. Bennet/hall is an improvement over curtis/mcdonald, and for returning duties (though we miss having curtis on the team). We had two rookie TEs last year, we added a top 10, arguably top 5 TE. The line will only be better. Jackson is as good as they get, i bet if we didnt have such a good passing attack he could have huger rushing totals. Overall we are better than last year, which was a rebuilding year.

Offense
    1. Rams
    2. healthy seachickens
    3. robins still finish bad and the 0-line isnt automatically repaired.
    4. whiners

Defense
    1. seachickens
    2. Rams/cards?
    3. cards?rams?
    4. the whiners who haven't proved a thing
    Last edited by prof22693; -06-18-2007 at 09:53 PM. Reason: error

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Mark Schlereth is the same guy who said Issac Bruce didn't deserve to be in the Hall of Fame. He obviously is clueless and has no credibility.

helorm341 Guest

That guy is nuts, how does seattle have a better offense? Alexander might be hurt still and he was going downhill last year anyway. Their o-line was terrible last year and didn't do anything to help it out this offseason. They traded their best receiver and now have no true number 1 receiver, NONE of their receivers have topped 1000 yards. This guy doesn't know what he's talking about.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Mark Schlereth is the same guy who said Issac Bruce didn't deserve to be in the Hall of Fame. He obviously is clueless and has no credibility.
    Ding, ding, ding, ding.......we have a winner!
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

chipperjones Guest

I just don't see how the Seahawks have a better offense then us. We have better WR and TE. I suppose the QB's and RB's are questionable, but our RB led the NFL in yards from LOS.

Keenum is offline Registered User

Just remember that after the season. Remember that Michael Smith over there is the only one giving us some love. The Seahawks that high? Sorry, but Alexander is not that good anymore (never was great, as we saw with the loss of Steve Hutchinson), and I'll guarantee that's the only reason they have them at #1.

I won't complain about our defensive ranking today. We have got to WORK our way back up the ranks.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

this is one of the best if not the best offensive division in the league and we are the number 1. The sea chickens are old and injury prone. The whiners and cards have young inconsistent QB's so we obviously have the best offense

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000 View Post
    seems to me that these guys are really biased. Cause if you look at the stats and base it upon offseason aquisitions, and losses.
    The Rams got much better on offense. Also they ranked #6 in offense. The closest team Arizona, was ranked 12 spots behind them.

On Defense, we were ranked 23 with only Seattle 4 spots ahead, and both Arizon, and The niners behind us. I wouldn't put too much stock in to what these guys say. It's obvious that they don't do too much studying on teams, and just base it on how a they perceive a team to be, based upon public perception, and hype. Also based up on records, the NFC West is one of the most compatative devisions, slightly behind the AFC South.
    Does anyone else get the feeling that Stats speak louder than Schlerth ever could?

Varg6 is offline Registered User

exactly bar-bq. It's all popularity as well, you can't go by what ESPN analysists say...ever.

P.S. Maybe sometimes...^_^

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast