Watchdog is offline Registered User

The NFC West Is Still the Rams Ball-game

Two and a half weeks into the new season and the best conclusion I can come to about the state of affairs?

This must be Hollywood.

There are more sub-plots and scandals, more topsy-turvy oddities, and more budding Cinderella stories than can be found at the original Mickey Mouse Club auditions.

If Walt were alive, he’d be rolling over in his grave.

As advertised, our NFC West teams have commenced to knocking the crap out of each other, almost like the only feasible movie script that could be applied here. This division is as much up for grabs now as it was two weeks ago.

If I had just woke up from a month-long coma, it wouldn’t surprise me a bit to find out that the San Francisco ***** have the same record as the Houston Texans and the Detroit Lions. But I’d probably hock up a parakeet when I learned that they all are sitting at the tops of their divisions with 2-0 records.

Is it a fluke?

Duh.

Here in the West are housed four of the best running backs in the league. Arguably the two best quarterbacks in the NFC, and a selection of wide receivers that would send any newbie offensive coordinator back to having wet dreams, and any opposing “D” man back to AA. And to top it all off, with all this fire-power that resides in this one division, the undefeated team has exactly one of these players, and hasn’t even put up more than 190 yards of offense in either “victory.”

Suggestion? Let the movie play out.

Assessment? We got this. Is that a bold assessment? Not really when you consider this.

It’s a game of inches. About six more of them off the foot of Wilky’s leg would have taken away one of the Niner’s victories, and had they not had an extra layer of skin on their teeth, the Cardinals would have taken away the other.

Mike Nolan has got to be sweating more than Mike Vick watching Old Yellar.

In the mean-time, those same Cardinals beat up on the Seahawks for the great majority of that victory, and come this week, the rest of their confidence will be shot – at home – at the hands of Carson Palmer and Chad Johnson.

If you look at it reasonably and rationally, the only teams that appear to have more upside headed their way than down are the Rams and the Cards and I still don’t see the Cards pulling it out in the first year with their new coach.

The Rams on the other hand are making positive strides with the defense, and Marc Bulger and the boys will be exploding very quickly.

Who knows, maybe all of these teams will finish under .500, but I doubt it.

But one thing I do know is that Hollywood has invaded the NFL, the Rams have been written in as the sucker-punch, and the 'Niners division title is about as likely as O.J Simpson buying a ten-speed and going Mormon.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: The NFC West Is Still the Rams Ball-game

Love your analogies.

I agree it's not over yet. We need to get the train moving in the right direction and I do predict we will win in Tampa.

letsgoramz is offline Registered User

I still believe that we will win this division the key is beating the seahawks the whiners will beat themselves and the tards just aren't ready for it yet so lets start putting wins on our record
    Torry Holt Dont play that

Watchdog is offline Registered User

I'm sure the other teams will do themselves in later. I'm glad we're getting our debacles over with early.