Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By r8rh8rmike

Thread: NFL Capsule: Jets At Rams

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

NFL Capsule: Jets At Rams

NFL Capsule: Jets at Rams
    By The Associated Press | The Associated Press – 4 hours ago...

NEW YORK JETS (3-6) At ST. LOUIS (3-5-1)

Sunday, 1 p.m., CBS

OPENING LINE - Rams by 3

RECORD VS. SPREAD - New York 5-4; St. Louis 6-3

SERIES RECORD - Rams lead 9-3

AP PRO32 RANKING - Jets No. 26; Rams No. 25

LAST MEETING - Jets beat Rams 47-3, Nov. 9, 2008

LAST WEEK - Jets lost to Seahawks 28-7; Rams tied ***** 24-24 OT

JETS OFFENSE - OVERALL (30), RUSH (16), PASS (27)

JETS DEFENSE - OVERALL (17), RUSH (7), PASS (6)

RAMS OFFENSE - OVERALL (24), RUSH (12), PASS (19)

RAMS DEFENSE - OVERALL (15), RUSH (18), PASS (13)

STREAKS, STATS AND NOTES - Rams have won seven of last eight in series. This week's game is first in St. Louis since 2005. ... Both teams had bye after 3-5 start. ... Jets coach Rex Ryan facing Rams for first time. ... Rams coach Jeff Fisher played for and coached under Ryan's father, Buddy Ryan. ... Rams offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer held same position with Jets from 2006-11. ... Jets have totaled 16 points last two games. .. Tim Tebow leads AFC QBs with 752 yards rushing. ... Jets 5-0 when Shonn Greene has 100 yards rushing. ... DE Muhammad Wilkerson has 33 tackles, one sack, three passes defended, two forced fumbles and fumble recovery returned for TD last four games. ... K Nick Folk 12 for 13 on field goals, the lone miss on block. ... OG Brandon Moore has made 130 consecutive starts, most among players at his position. ... Two Rams rookies, starting CB Janoris Jenkins and WR Chris Givens, return after one-game disciplinary suspension. Givens first rookie in NFL with 50-yard reception in five consecutive games. ... RB Steven Jackson had 101 yards rushing last week, his first 100-yard game of season and 32nd of career - second most in franchise history. ... WR Danny Amendola had 11 catches for 102 yards last week in return after missing four games with collarbone injury, and had punt return and reception totaling 142 yards called back by penalties. ... DE Robert Quinn has 8 1/2 sacks in last nine games, and six sacks in last four games at home. ... P Johnny Hekker completed two passes last week and is first punter with two completions in game since 2004.

Re: NFL Capsule: Jets At Rams

on the Jets stats, it looks like a "1" has been missed out at the front on this line

[JETS DEFENSE - OVERALL (17), RUSH (7), PASS (6)

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

I really hope we play the way we are capable of playing against a team we should handle. My biggest fear is that we go out there and play down to the level of our competition- turn the ball over, piss away red-zone opportunities, etc. The Jets are not very good, but are better than their record indicates and now are driven by a sense of desperation. Assuming they will arrive and not give a good effort will be a fatal mistake.

Rambos is offline Registered User

I'm with NJ on this one. It's easy to play with a good team and fall short and say we are getting better. If we lose this game it would set us back big time!

I hope the Rams don't come in and play flat. I'm also worried we will play too conservative and let them hang around too long. Young teams make mistakes as we all know. Lets not let them stay in this game and have a chance.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

I'm also worried this game could spiral out of control if the Rams don't take care of business. Penalties, mistakes, and turnovers have killed the Rams all year, and the last thing they need to do is get in a dogfight with a desperate team. They need to take this opportunity to gain some confidence, put the Jets away early, and get things back on track.
    Rambos likes this.

macrammer is offline Registered User

As a long tine Ram fan, i have witnessed the failure to put away lesser teams by the Rams. In this case, the Jets ar eleft for dead with a bunch of guys on that team that may play out of their head. As the Rams are a young mistake prone team, I am a little concerned. If we can play with the same intensity as last week, we should spank these guys. Let's see what growth has taken place.