STLRAMSFAN Guest

NFL.com on Cam Cameron

NFL.com Analyst

RAM TOUGH
    As more time passes, it is sounding as if Chargers offensive coordinator Cam Cameron is gaining ground on Dolphins offensive coordinator Scott Linehan in the race to become the next head coach in St. Louis.

People around the league believe that, if Linehan had been the Rams' selection, he would have closed out the process over the weekend. But it has lingered, allowing Cameron to impress Rams officials more and more.

Cameron's hiring makes sense because he would be able to deploy nearly an identical offense to the one St. Louis now runs. Linehan's would take a bit more of an adjustment. But the process is expected to be completed by the end of the week, maybe sooner.

Right now, the Rams are wrapping up their second round of interviews in Los Angeles with Linehan, Cameron and Bears defensive coordinator Ron Rivera, who now seems a longshot to land the St. Louis job.

bruce_wannabe Guest

Re: NFL.com on Cam Cameron

cameron is horrible!1111111 i live in san diego and i follow the charger reports and nothing has never been good on him...

tanus is offline Registered User

yep, cuz the chargers offense sure has sucked lately.

**rolls eyes**

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by tanus
    yep, cuz the chargers offense sure has sucked lately.

**rolls eyes**
    In his first two years as the Chargers offensive coordinator, San Diego ranked 22nd and 31st in points scored as well as 30th and 27th in yards. Granted the last two seasons have seen a turnaround, but Cameron has the best RB in the league, arguably the best TE in the league, a very good QB in Brees, and has yet to produce an offense that has ranked in the top ten in either category. The Chargers offense hasn't sucked by any means, but they're not exactly putting up world-beater kind of numbers either.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Jack_Youngblood is offline Registered User

If we pass up on Rivera, we will regret it for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    In his first two years as the Chargers offensive coordinator, San Diego ranked 22nd and 31st in points scored as well as 30th and 27th in yards. Granted the last two seasons have seen a turnaround, but Cameron has the best RB in the league, arguably the best TE in the league, a very good QB in Brees, and has yet to produce an offense that has ranked in the top ten in either category. The Chargers offense hasn't sucked by any means, but they're not exactly putting up world-beater kind of numbers either.
    exactly, they havent sucked lately.

Quote Originally Posted by tanus
    exactly, they havent sucked lately.
    Not a very strong argument. I would hope our requirements for a head coach is that he's done more than not suck lately.

im not arguing that, im arguing the statement that cam cameron is horrible.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    Nick, maybe I'm reading you wrong, but I have to disagree with this statement. The Chargers were ranked 3rd and 5th in scoring offense in the past two seasons.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    Nick, maybe I'm reading you wrong, but I have to disagree with this statement. The Chargers were ranked 3rd and 5th in scoring offense in the past two seasons.
    Yeah, as it turns out, I was mistakeningly looking at defensive ranks.

Heh...

heh...

heh...

D'OH!!!

The premise remains the same, though. The Chargers ranked 20th/16th in points and 16th/14th in yards in Cameron's first two seasons as OC, and have had a turnaround, but not to the level I would have expected considering the talent on that offense. They're scoring more, but their yardage remains slightly above league average. There could be a number of reasons as to why that is, but if I'm trying to decide about which offensive production I'd rather take, I'll take the '02-'04 Vikings under Linehan. Top ten three years in a row in BOTH categories.

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    Yeah, as it turns out, I was mistakeningly looking at defensive ranks.

Heh...

heh...

heh...

D'OH!!!

The premise remains the same, though. The Chargers ranked 20th/16th in points and 16th/14th in yards in Cameron's first two seasons as OC, and have had a turnaround, but not to the level I would have expected considering the talent on that offense. They're scoring more, but their yardage remains slightly above league average. There could be a number of reasons as to why that is, but if I'm trying to decide about which offensive production I'd rather take, I'll take the '02-'04 Vikings under Linehan. Top ten three years in a row in BOTH categories.