Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: NFL DRAFT: With 249th pick, Rams select MICHAEL SAM (DE, Missouri)

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: NFL DRAFT: With 249th pick, Rams select MICHAEL SAM (DE, Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Did you support Leonard Little?
    Yes, I sure did, all the way (and I really knew this question was going to pop up). He did his time, he paid for his crass mistake -- and probably still is.

To me, Little and Sam's situations are very different.

TheBritishRam is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    Yes, I sure did, all the way (and I really knew this question was going to pop up). He did his time, he paid for his crass mistake -- and probably still is.

Yep, one broke the law with dire consequences and one is just a guy living trying to live his life.

Morally confusing for anyone I'm sure.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Did you support Leonard Little?

What about Marshall Faulk and his six illegitimate children? Surely with your "principles" and "convictions", there is no way you could support Faulk, right?

Little and Sam's situations are very different, but not for the reasons you think.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBritishRam View Post
    Yep, one broke the law with dire consequences and one is just a guy living trying to live his life.

Morally confusing for anyone I'm sure.
    You must have never heard of a moral law. Not surprising.

Again, to me, there's no "confusion" here, only concern.

PS: I'm glad Little was a Rams starter, Pro Bowl / All-Pro and SB XXXIV Champion. // I have no desire to see Sam make the team but realize he might. Ugh.
    cowboyhater likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsbruce View Post
    What about Marshall Faulk and his six illegitimate children? Surely with your "principles" and "convictions", there is no way you could support Faulk, right?

Little and Sam's situations are very different, but not for the reasons you think.
    100% support for The Marshall, a HUGE fan of his. // Again, verrrry different case than MSam!

Can YOU think?!?

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

100% support for The Marshall, a HUGE fan of his. // Again, verrrry different case than MSam!

Can YOU think?!?
    I'm thinking perfectly clear.

The fact that you care so much about what Michael Sam does behind closed doors, which doesn't affect you, or your life at all, and you will be bothered or upset if he makes the team, is to say the least, disturbing.
    Torry Holt and 10m39s80i81t like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsbruce View Post
    I'm thinking perfectly clear.

The fact that you care so much about what Michael Sam does behind closed doors, which doesn't affect you, or your life at all, and you will be bothered or upset if he makes the team, is to say the least, disturbing.
    It DOES affect me, I am a STL Rams fan. In fact, this "Kisstory" image makes me sick. T H A T's disturbing.

And you're thinking "perfectly clear"?

What next...

TheBritishRam is online now Registered User

You must have never heard of a moral law. Not surprising.

Again, to me, there's no "confusion" here, only concern.

PS: I'm glad Little was a Rams starter, Pro Bowl / All-Pro and SB XXXIV Champion. // I have no desire to see Sam make the team but realize he might. Ugh.
    I have a moral code - one I share with many rational thinking and caring members of humanity. I've no idea what your moral code is, look at NFL.com, look at Twitter, it seems no one shares your moral code. It's progress - but some are always left behind.

I'll support anyone willing to play hard for the Rams. My support doesn't come with conditions and asterisks. I can't wait to see all Rams rookies, drafted and undrafted, play in pre-season and the regular season. Any of them that can help the Rams win games, win the division, win the Superbowl I want on the team. Unconditional support - that's fandom.
    Fargo Ram Fan and ramsbruce like this.

Care to name him? Watch your language buddy.
    Last edited by r8rh8rmike; -05-11-2014 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Remove deleted quote

Quote Originally Posted by TheBritishRam View Post
    I have a moral code - one I share with many rational thinking and caring members of humanity. I've no idea what your moral code is, look at NFL.com, look at Twitter, it seems no one shares your moral code. It's progress - but some are always left behind.

I'll support anyone willing to play hard for the Rams. My support doesn't come with conditions and asterisks. I can't wait to see all Rams rookies, drafted and undrafted, play in pre-season and the regular season. Any of them that can help the Rams win games, win the division, win the Superbowl I want on the team. Unconditional support - that's fandom.
    Popular culture does not justify itself. 'Majority' does not necessarily equal correctness.

As for your idea of fandom, what happens with those NFL players (or other leagues, collegiate / pro) that play superbly, win Super Bowls, etc., yet insist in being a cancerous tumor for the team and/or the sport?

I'll recognize their athletic talent, sure (just like with Sam) but that doesn't mean I should like or support the man. Errr...

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Gentlemen, let's just agree to disagree about this and remain Rams fans.

We do expect civility in this forum, and I WILL bring the hammer down if we cannot maintain that civility.

IS THAT PERFECTLY CLEAR?
    Truth likes this.

Bing69 is offline Registered User

Care to name him? Watch your language buddy.
    Sure... RealRam is homophobic, or am I reading this all wrong? You recognize his football talent, but don't like him and will not support him, that leads me to believe it is because of his sexuality, no?
    Torry Holt likes this.

demiurge is offline Registered User

It DOES affect me, I am a STL Rams fan. In fact, this "Kisstory" image makes me sick. T H A T's disturbing.

And you're thinking "perfectly clear"?

What next...
    Hey.

Old guy.

You are entitled to your opinions.

However bigoted they may be.

This isn't church. This is the interwebz. Where most people are technologically savvy and younger. Quite a few are atheists as well.

In America. close to 60% of people now support gay marriage. 70+ among the younger generation.

You have the right to your own opinions, but we don't have to respect them. And conversely, that means respect for you as a person inevitably lessons. You may think you are being righteous, but most of us have finally realized that all it really is is revealing your conditioning. And that's the BEST alternative. The other is that you simply need to hate someone who is different. And we've seen where that leads.

To be perfectly clear, going forward, the reality is you are the odd one out. Yes, you are the queer guy. People won't like you because what you stand for. People will call you names and whisper about you and roll their eyes when you try to express yourself.
    You have protections. A mod may very well come forward and delete this post, and honestly, I'd respect them if they did.

But for most of us, we've reached a spot where we simply don't like bigots. We've learned not to hate for its own sake.

Hopefully you'll come to challenge your own preconceived notions on the matter. I didn't change my view on gay marriage until I was 40 - not that I ever thought it was morally wrong or disgusting, as you evidently do. But in the end I couldn't argue that people who love each other and are devoted to each other should have the right to express it that everyone else does.

But to be frank, I find it very unlikely you will find continuing to express your feelings on this matter to be a rewarding experience. And maybe, just maybe, you should ask yourself if there is something about this that you haven't thought all the way through.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Locked and closed.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456